Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 10:56:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: EP 6 ~ Per Request No Autonomous Gestures  (Read 17895 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2007, 05:23:39 am »

Per request No Autonomous Gestures. Bon Voyage is required for this to work. If you have any problems report back to this thread. Do not pm me about it. Extract and place in your downloads folder.

This includes the pound on chest, hang loose and bow gestures.

* kathy_noautonomousbonvoyagegestures.rar (0.41 KB - downloaded 852 times.)
kim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 05:32:03 am »

Nice Job

wawayaya

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 10:17:36 am »

(pounds on the chest) Thanks! (bows)
Corylea
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 12:00:07 pm »

I assume this only applies to playable sims, not townies?

Thanks for this -- I've gotten tired of them bowing all over the place!

Middle-aged professional woman still plays video games.  Film at 11.
loopsydoo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 03:57:44 pm »

Corylea, Hopefully the home townies will only learn from playable sims and I certainly will not be teaching them...ruins the game as that is all they do once learned.

You probably mean the locals at the vacation lots.  

I love this and thank you so very much, I can now play BV again.  I do not care if no sim ever gestures again, locals or home townies..LOL

Thanks xx
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 04:01:07 pm by loopsydoo » Logged
y2krobie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 05:38:30 pm »

awesome Smiley

lynz4tex58

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 06:43:30 pm »

OMG!!! I can't thankyou enough, thankyou I can now play my game again.  If I never hear the Sea Chantey again it will be to soon.  The Tai Chi i thought wasn't gone but they were still on vacation and as soon as they got home it ended, thanks again Smiley .

Oh, mirror in the sky.... What is love
Can the child within my heart rise above
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life~~
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 09:37:25 pm »

Yes, I was also wondering if this would stop the locals from approaching my sims with those gestures on vacation lots.  I do not mind they do those gestures on vacation lots since it is a way to learn them, I mind when they do this in all the other hoods.

So is it a "no gesture outside vacation hood" mod?

thanks for this
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 09:58:12 pm by MissDoh » Logged
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 04:24:46 am »

Aw, thanks for this! Those autonomous gestures are becoming something of an annoyance to me, especially since it's so uncharacteristic of my goth/cyberpunk/vampire sims to do the 'hang loose' gesture constantly!

At first I thought it was funny, but the amusement started to wear thin rather quickly...

:blob6:
floopyboo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 07:29:47 am »

Hang loose is most definitely not being squished by this in my game. In the main hood, sims who have learned the interaction have been autonomously using it on others who have learned it. I haven't checked further at this stage.

I am a little unclear on the functionality by design - am I to expect sims who've learned the obnoxious behaviour to still do it among themselves, or am I to expect them to find something equally annoying to do?
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 10:08:20 am »

I'll take a look at it tomorrow and see whats up. In my game it stopped them from doing it all the time.
loopsydoo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 09:09:51 pm »

Hang loose works for me (my sims do not pass it on even though they learn it) but the bowing is still happening. (My sims pass it on autonomously even as they are learning it)

Have not tried Three Lakes as there was no point after it happened in the east.

Have to keep reloading backed up hoods to get the gestures out after trying several modders attempt at this...LOL

Will get there in the end I hope, thanks for trying this as my game is useless to me without all the playable sims autonomous gestures removed.  

Loads of players want this mod, why does Maxis release games like this, does no one test them for hours to find out the annoyances first?
Ms.Perception

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 12:51:21 am »

Oh thank you so very much. I can't stand that they do the gestures anymore. I hardly care if this stops even the locals because at this point I was ready to kill them all. Maybe now I can actually have some conversations in my game.
blondecrystal

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 06:28:26 am »

Thank you.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2007, 02:20:46 am »

I noticed an issue with noautonomousgestures that needed to be looked at. My two sims were meeting strangers with gestures like crazy in Three Lakes. The Chest Pound gesture icon keeps popping up in both of my sims' queues. The only way I could stop them completely is to cancel their gesture icons.

I wasn't sure about the other two vacation destinations because I loaded only one - Three Lakes - and associated it with my normal neighborhood. I wondered if this mod is effective only in the normal neighborhood or is supposed to be effective in both normal and vacation 'hoods.

Thought I would stop in to give feedback on the mod and to thank you for the mods you made for BV, Kathy.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: