Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 01:54:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a way to edit facial structure of an in-game sim w/o resorting to simsurgery  (Read 3940 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
killertomatoes

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2007, 04:08:23 am »

Hi there!

I have a heavily played sim dating from original game that I wish to modify his facial structure.

Though I knew that it wont be possible I still tried since his character file is quite bulky (about 95.000kb), sim surgery cannot be completed w success simsurgery but I changed his skintone and eye color manually  w no problem (by editing relevant codes in Sim DNA and Charactar data/Age Data). However his facial features require urgent modification (i.e. his eye size is far too small, outer eye corner is shooting the moon...etc).

Now I don't want to ditch him on account of just correcting his eye shape. So here is my question  :

Wouldn't it be possible to manually edit facial structure of an in-game sim by copy/pasting  relevant facial dstring values (atm I dunno which values correspond to eye shape and size) of another (sim created in CAS based on clone of the sim that needs editing) without resorting to sim surgery?

Since custom skintones tend to alter facial features of existing sims, I have more than a couple of sims that needs tweaking thus I would  much appreciate any relevant info.

Cheers,
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 09:40:08 am »

Here is a link to a tutorial that should help you:  Tutorial-Giving your in-game sims a permanent make-over.
killertomatoes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 11:57:39 am »

Thanks Hun! :smile: Thats how I conduct my sim surgeries so far but this is a different situation.

See this is a heavily played sim w file size close to 96.000kbs. Simpe simply gives error claiming virtual memory is not sufficient. This happened to me with another sim but in that case all I needed to do was change the skintone and I just changed his dom. and rec. skintone values and voila ! skintone changed.

However in this case I need to modify facial features as well. Plus as you might already have experienced certain skintones slightly modifies facial features and in this particular case my sims face needs a little tweaking.

See eye color,hair, skintone can be easily changed but I need to find a way to modify facial structure, i.e. make eyes bigger or wider etc.  In sim's Character file, under facial structure there are values but I don't know which one corresponds to what, hence I won't meddle with it.

Also, perhaps there is an alternative way of conducting the surgery. Like if only I can breakdown the operation into phases and deal with each phase at a time. But I don't know the mechanics involved within the process.

Agrrhh I need an alternative method...there must be something I can do ?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 09:24:07 am by killertomatoes » Logged
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 02:22:59 pm »

96000 kbs for a sim's character file? holy smort! KT, I think what you have there is a corrupted character file.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 08:24:18 pm »

I agree with Beox, the biggest character file I had was something like 1200 kbs.  Something is wrong there.  You are aware if you have BV that SimPe as not been updated for it yet?
killertomatoes

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 06:33:22 am »

I don't have BV. Only have NL and Simpe v.0.58. I have another one with file size 117.000kbs. They seem fine, no glitches or anything. I edited their memories many times over time to avoid jump bug manually, then w FFS Debugger and w Squinge's no memories mods. They look perfectly healthy plus they're by far the best characters I have in terms of exercising free will

This is omen news indeed.  I scanned their files w Simpe and Clean Installer and their files look healthy.

If corrupted then how would I know what causes it and/or how to fix it ?
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 08:51:57 am »

I do not know of any other way than the one propose by Wirelessguy in the tutorial.

No matter what you find, you will still need SimPe to permenantly modify an ingame character DNA.  The fact it is giving you error is no good at all, it is leading us to think the character file is corrupted.

You could try an update to SimPe 0.62 to see if it will help.
killertomatoes

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 09:19:28 am »

Thanks lol!  

I changed his skintone and eyes with no prob but facial structure...I'm stuck there. I posted my Q at Simpe forum but guess not many view posted threads there as often as they used to.
AjaAja

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 10:10:37 am »

Thank you; the guide was very insightful.

If my avatar is a girl, it's most likely me
CBC (Come Back Campaign)! One post can make a difference. Join here!
Best contest ever, Beauty of the Decades. Join here!
Have my self-sim for yourself Wink. Get me  here!
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2007, 07:29:27 pm »

You should thank Wirelessguy the maker of it. Wink

His the one that did all the work, all I did is put a link to it.
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 06:42:51 am »

Using the Insimenator won't change it drastically enough?
DigiSim

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 02:42:40 pm »

I was just about to suggest that option. My version of Wanda Tinker, as well as a couple other Sims, is so much better looking now because of the InSIMenator.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2007, 11:49:10 am »

Insim won't affect dna it has the same effect as if you would use the surgery reward thingy, the method in the tutorial will permanently change the dna.
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2007, 08:24:56 am »

ahhh, now I understand!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: