Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:00:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: NOO! all my CC is gone!  (Read 8234 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
newtosims

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2007, 02:14:45 pm »

Quote from: Mask316;956942
Here is what I had ot do to get my CC ot show up in game.

Go to my downloads Sims2 folder
Cut the downloads folder and place it on my desktop do not copy and paste it will not work
I also did this with my saved sim file as some were not showing up

The close sims 2 file access and open body shop.
Let it open all the way once it is done close it do nothing else.

Then go back to the sims 2 file and open it bodyshop should have created a new downloads folder. Open the Downloads folder on your desktop and copy and paste the files into the new downloads folder.

If body shop created a bew saved sims folder do the same if not copy and paste the one on the desktop into the sims2 folder

Now start the game make sure CC is enabled and all that and see if it is there is not close an re-start.

I had to do this for my game now I am happy finding my lost CC

Be well and Be loved

I'm confused b/c there is no way to play CC in BV since there isn't a downloads folder when you install BV. The only CC that will appear in BV are makeup, hair, genetic, clothes, lots and sims and nothing else - no hacks, furnitures, cars and etc. And even with the few CC that can appear in BV, it still causes the system to crash, so how are you guys able to play hacks in BV?
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2007, 03:16:27 pm »

This is a confusing thread haha..

Custom content works fine in Bon Voyage, just certain hacks cause issues.  Inteeniator doesn't work properly in the game at the moment and a few other hacks cause random issues.  But most of crammyboys mods work and quite a few other hacks at maty work totally fine with the game.

Sometimes after you load a new expansion, enable custom content.. stuff still will not show.  There's an easy fix to this.. you just need to delete a few files..

accessory.cache
groups.cache
contentregistry
cigen.package

All four files should be located under..

c:\my documents\yourname\ea games\the sims 2\

The files will re-spawn after you play the game again but they'll be updated with the custom content.

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2007, 04:11:57 pm »

Quote from: newtosims;963303
I'm confused b/c there is no way to play CC in BV since there isn't a downloads folder when you install BV.

Make a Downloads folder.  You can do it by using the Sims 2 Installer, or Clean Installer to install a .sims2pack file.  Or run Bodyshop.  Even using Windows Explorer to create My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads works.
simgirl75001

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2007, 09:53:37 pm »

Well i installed BV, and my CC and global mods work fine as long as i dont go on vacation, or try to go on a community lot. if i try to go on vacation, the "shuttle" which is usually green is the same as the taxi and it never stops. also, if i want to go on a community lot and i click on a car or try to use the phone, the option is no longer there....its very frustrating to have to play the game without CC...hopefully EA games will come out with a patch to make the game more CC friendly.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2007, 10:20:22 pm »

Did you remove the outdated version of the Inteenimater?

Take a look at removing your phone hacks too.
simgirl75001

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2007, 06:19:34 am »

no actually i didnt..maybe i should do that..i dont know if i have any phone hacks in the game, i will look for them. so i guess i will take out inteen and replace it with the updated one, and cross my fingers and wish EA Games will have a patch soon.

But, even when i disable all my CC's and mods, do the mods such as inteen still effect my game play even though i know the mods arent active?
dobydog

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2007, 06:44:45 pm »

I'll just keep my life simple and NOT download BV..

'No telephone calls today, all my friends gone away. When you're out of fashion it's a lonely price to pay.'
Oh Funny Man, Sex Gang Children
tootle54

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2007, 10:15:22 am »

me too Dobygog for the moment
simgirl75001

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2007, 07:27:20 am »

Sorry it took me long to post again lol...but i took out inteen but all of my other CC's are still active and it works just fine.  TY for the advice ancient! Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: