Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 03:19:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: How hard are legacys!!!  (Read 8079 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 10:33:11 pm »

No no no, they don't take up the whole neighborhood. Far from it. They're maybe 15% of my Pleasantview Populous. Using the camera mods I was able to stick lots in areas all over Pleasantview, Downtown and Bluewater. I've still got over 30 empty lots that I plan on filling with the next generation of sims as they get older and start having kids. The families I have that would be my Legacy families are

The Hargroves: 5 Generations

The Edenwalts: 3 Generations

The Triptons: 3 Generations

And the Tripton and Hargrove bloodlines might get crossed together as two of the college kids, Jack Tripton and Adelle Hargrove have a crush on each other AND perfect chemistry. So those two families might get even bigger. I need to get some snaps of Grandpa Richie, perverted old bastard...lol.

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 07:22:18 am »

Well, I now have three legacies of some kind on the go x_x One proper one (Fish Out Of Water), where I'm finding the hardest part is indeed keeping the interest - although I'm on generation three now. The second is a legacy of sorts, but it doubles as a proper story and is exclusive to LJ for a few reasons. The big struggle there is stopping myself from playing when there's posing to set up, and the inspiration's gone for now.

Then there's a completely different challenge that I've discovered recently. It's still a legacy challenge, but different variations have been popping up with different rules; this one is called the Rainbow Challenge and the only rules for this centre around the use of colour, and names pertaining to them. I've deliberately made this commentary style as it's a good break from storytelling, and I've found it to be very addictive. Because the colour scheme changes every generation, it gives you a reason to redecorate once in a while, and/or experiment with looks on sims that you wouldn't usually do. I never thought I'd be downloading neon hair, but I've been grabbing them by the bucketload lately Wink I'm in love with the family, too Cheesy

No requests please
momoflittlealis

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 06:44:52 pm »

How have I missed this ? This adds a whole new way to play. And the rainbow legacy sounds like so much fun!! I still play the very first family I started WAAAAYY back when (8 gens back) but didn't know about points and what not....gotta go....(loads up game)
becsjuds

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 04:15:10 pm »

I had a legacy on my other computer before it crashed and I was on generation 7!  My first generation had 10 kids!  After that I was more careful no woohoo after 3rd kid.
OHHxbby

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009, 07:16:39 pm »

The hardest thing for is not fast forwarding from infant to toddler... then after i get bored with the toddler, i age it up to a child and then because I hate having the kids go to school (because of the homework...) i age them up to teen, set the turn ons and offs and the aspirations... THEN i age them to adults.

it happens all the time Tongue
but i like playing with no money lol if my sims end up having too much money i just use the familyFunds cheat and bring it back down to 500 simoleons or so xD
other than that.... i don't really have any problems with playing the sims straight through.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2009, 12:36:32 pm »

The rainbow legacy is great fun Smiley The best part about that comm is they're so laid back, and they don't care how you use the colours or the scale. I took their "rainbow" and reversed it, so I started with white, and am now on black... with lime being the next one. Ick..

I have been very good as a whole when playing - in the first one I never aged up the kids too early, and with this latest one I've been very patient, although I did cheat with the last of the black kids; there was such an age gap between her and her older brothers, and thanks to the CC I used, she'd already (nearly) maxed about five skills, so she grew to child a day early, and had barely any adolescence Tongue I'll try to be better with the lime kids, we'll see how it goes.

Of course, things get much more interesting when ACR's added to the mix...

No requests please
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: