Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:26:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: How hard are legacys!!!  (Read 8082 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
xbabyxgemx

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2007, 04:50:03 am »

I always start a legacy think right, I'm not going to cheat. What so ever! I get the first generation born and then I get fed up and motherlode them.

So I've started a new one. And I think I'm doing pretty good. But it takes soooooo long, lol But I'm so determind that I will do this.

xx

To the rice crispie mobile Captain Curious! Na na nana na
BrokenPrincess

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 02:58:00 pm »

I'm the same, but it is much more intresting earning money the hard way and playing cheat-free.

It makes you feel like you have accomplished something.

Save me from myself.
BrokenPrincess
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 07:53:39 pm »

I've found the hardest thing about legacies is keeping interested in the family after the 3rd generation.  I love the challenge of starting with very little money, but by the time the 2nd or 3rd generation comes around, there's money out the ying-yang.  

The exception though is the Apocalypse Challenge.  This one remains interesting much longer
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 09:49:50 pm »

I don't enjoy using money cheats when I play at all so Legacies aren't too hard for m.
The worst part for me is not getting to speed up pregnancy or skipstraight past baby-hood then static the toddler's motives so I can just let them sit there and do nothing.

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
xbabyxgemx

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 06:37:08 am »

I've just started a family, and she is pregnant with her 1st baby. She married Benjamin Long. I haven't cheated yet, he's making money as a crook. And she's a police woman. So I don't need the money cheat. I know what you mean about the speading up the pregnancy, it's very slow. xx

To the rice crispie mobile Captain Curious! Na na nana na
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 08:50:27 am »

Crook and police-woman - the perfect match! :laugh: Still, I tend to play straight-ish anyway, that is not using money cheats (apart from the hacked money tree, but 40$ is peanuts Tongue), and I always play pregnancies and babies straight through; no ageing up to child, no cheating on motives (except in the case of my baby Dhampirs, who story-wise don't need to sleep, so I tried to emulate that).

I've only tried one challenge so far, and that's the starving artist (on S2C), but I got bored with that very quickly :lol: Haven't tried any others yet, although the kingdom challenge appeals the most because of the setting, but how I'd work it with the sims I have in mind I don't know yet.

No requests please
poppy_123

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 07:25:42 am »

I find them very hard, im on my 3rd generation now. And my sim (Emille) has a teenage boy. bvouisly he is going to be the next generation and it's looking really good. It's taken me ages to do this and they are big earners now.
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 12:48:48 pm »

Yeah, I always cheat, but I feel so accomplished when I don't cheat. Usually I complain to my friiends about wanting that extra window in their living room, and they ALWAYS say, Use Motherlode!, but then I tell them I wouldn't feel accomplished about it. They just shrug their shoulders. They don't understand, lol.

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
chilislavecutie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 02:09:36 pm »

Okay, feel free to call me dumb, but what exactly is a legacy?

"You hold the answers deep within your own mind.
Consciously, you've forgotten it.
That's the way the human mind works.
Whenever something is too unpleasant, too shameful for us
to entertain, we reject it.
We erase it from our memories.
But the imprint is always there."
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 09:23:08 pm »

I don't know how to explain it, lol. Basically it's where you make a simmie, the founder, and move them in onto a certain sized lot, and you are only aoud to use certain cheats. There's a bunch of rules and stuffz, like your founder has to get married to a townie, and I'm not sure this is enforced, but usually people that do legacys, they do names that start with A for second generation, then B, and so on. Or just a theme, like, celebrity baby's names. It's just like a challenge, because there is points and stuff, but I just do it for fun, and I don't do points, I just try to follow the rules and I don't count points. Also, you have to pick a heir out of their kids, ha ha.

Here's a great legacy by Cpowell at livejournal. The Rainbow legacy. Smiley

http://cpowellscircus.livejournal.com/16820.html

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 03:07:02 am »

What is a legacy: http://www.legacychallenge.com/

I find that keeping interested in the family is the harder challenge than not cheating. I never cheat. My sims never get motherloded or maxmotives, no speedy pregnancies, no speedy childhood, no frozen motives. They always go through the whole shebang, peeing their pants and falling asleep in their spaghetti along the way. If they have no wall coverings or windows? I don't care. I find that having every need pandered to makes for a very boring game. At least for me.

I started a legacy a couple of weeks ago where the start is based on the Treasure Hunter Challenge. The founder gets 50 simoleons and an empty lot, they can never have a job, as long as the founder is alive none of the family can have a job, they can only live off what they can dig up. But they're not allowed to sell treasure chests or maps - both of which are worth more money than most things they can dig up other than the "Ming" vase. For the first two days my founder had 6 pieces of wall (2 x 3 pieces with a roof overhead so she didn't get rained on at night), a single cheap bed and a phone. She dug up enough stones and bones on the third day to buy herself a shower and a toilet. Which were outside. Not that there was an "inside", seeing as she had 2 walls. Yeah, she's not allowed CC either unless it costs more than Maxis but doesn't exceed Maxis in stats. She's married now but her husband didn't bring much money. So they have a front door but no windows. If they dig a lot they might afford windows in another week or so. I find that making sims work for the stuff they get keeps the game interesting for me, because it makes ME work, too.

As ancienthighway said, by the time generation 3 rolls around they usually have loads of money and friends and don't really have to work for anything. So through the generations I'm going to try to get every type of monster in the house. They already have a Bigfoot and a Servo, but those are acquired. Since I have all EPs, I'm going to try for an alien baby, a werewolf, a plantsim, a vamp and a witch. I may or may not resurrect a zombie. Just to keep things moving and keep the family interesting.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
poppy_123

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 01:40:54 pm »

I have recently started a Legacy. Founded by Aliana Zoon.

She married Elliot Faye and they had 3 children, Evie, Ryan, Kallie.
Evie carried on the family line and had 2 children, Mark, Reina.
Then Mark and had Poppy. Then devorced and had Kaylee
And now Poppy has just had her 1st child, Lewis.

I think they're hard but i'll probs give up soon tbh. They're hard work. Trying to play all of them so they're around the same time.
Amazon
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 04:02:59 am »

I am a cheater, but never played legacies. But i will try now, and thanks to those of you who gave the links. I am sure i will find it hard to play since i have cheated all the time. Wonder what's happening at uni, not legal to cheat there either?
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 09:59:46 pm »

I never knew they actually had a "term" for this, I just did it normally. I have one family, the 1st one I ever made waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when I installed the base game, The Hargroves that are now into their 5th generation. The family tree is kinda nuts, there's gotta be a list 18 sims in my neighborhood of Hargrove blood, and these are the ones who were BORN Hargroves, not the sims that married into the family. This doesn't account for the Hargroves that have passed on as well. What keeps them interesting is the one thing I keep constant with anyone born of the Hargrove bloodline...

They're all goofballs.

Funniest damn sims you'd ever seen. The oldest (At present) is Richard, an elder. He's a total hippy and has this nasty habit of chasing after young girls. Doesn't help that he's a romance sim either, lol. At least the old guy can still "get it up", LMAO!

Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 10:19:54 pm »

Ha ha! Now I think I'm going to have nightmares! Smiley

That, "one family takes up the whole neighborhood" problem is not really a problem for me because usually with my legacies I move in EVERY child, even the spares, into the main house so I get a play with them all.

Another help for that is I only let my heirs have 3 kids, no more. One mine accidentally had 6, 3 were "uh oh" babies, damn ACR, and the neighborhood was full of THEIR offspring, and then their offsprings offspring, so I try to avoid the "uh oh" babies unless I'm not doing a legacy.
I just don't have time to play with all of their kids once they're on their own! I only have time for about, 10 houses? Once I had about 27 filled with legacy spares, and their other siblings died before like, 4 generations ago, ha ha.
 Smiley

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: