Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:03:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: But... But It's THERE!  (Read 3253 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« on: September 28, 2007, 05:58:27 pm »

I'm having an odd issue. I downloaded a bedroom set and went to set it up and cannot find all of the sections. This is not the first time this has happened. I checked the download folder and all is there. The collection file is in it's proper place and yet... no vanity or short dresser. I remember a friend mentioning that you sometimes don't get the same options on games (not sure if this is true) but didn't think it would change a special object. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

Christy1077

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 06:16:22 pm »

1.Do you have CEP?
2. Are you sure that you're downloading any meshes that may be required for a certain set to show up?
3.Are you extracting the items properly into your downloads folder?

J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 06:44:03 pm »

Quote from: Christy1077;957771
1.Do you have CEP?
2. Are you sure that you're downloading any meshes that may be required for a certain set to show up?
3.Are you extracting the items properly into your downloads folder?

Woo hoo! Thank you for the quick response!

1. Yes
2, Yes
3. Yes

What's odd is that some of them show, so I know it's half right. Heh. I even re-downloaded to see if the files didn't transfer right. Still no luck.

weetzie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 07:02:11 pm »

Did you check your downloads folder to make sure the pieces didn't extract into even *more* zip files? I've had that problem before... drives me nuts when a place packages things like that.

Coffee coffee coffee! Come on and drink it up!
Coffee coffee coffee! Nirvana in a cup!
I used to be a peon, just a worthless wad of gristle
'Til I replaced my brain cells with instant Folger's crystals!
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 07:06:10 pm »

Quote from: weetzie;957867
Did you check your downloads folder to make sure the pieces didn't extract into even *more* zip files? I've had that problem before... drives me nuts when a place packages things like that.

I know! I did check. I learned a hard lesson after downloading something that crashed my game. Now I save each thing into a folder, then move over to make sure it's compatible.

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 09:00:41 pm »

For the pieces not showing up... how big is their file size?  There may be the chance that they are "Empty Packages", especially if it's saying something like 1KB or 0KB.  I've had this happen with a few downloaded objects before and found that to be one of my main issues.  :angel:

If that's the case, have you tried re-downloading them to see if they will show up in the game properly?

J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 09:09:13 pm »

Quote from: Tenshii~Akari;958035
For the pieces not showing up... how big is their file size?  There may be the chance that they are "Empty Packages", especially if it's saying something like 1KB or 0KB.  I've had this happen with a few downloaded objects before and found that to be one of my main issues.  :angel:

If that's the case, have you tried re-downloading them to see if they will show up in the game properly?

Hi! I just checked. The file size is 1,671kb for one and 812kb for the other. I can't recall which other one didn't show from another set but I will check sizes for those too. *sigh* This is so frustrating. I emailed the person who listed this, but have not heard from them yet. The items don't show in the Collection folder either. I'm wondering if that might be a clue, although I don't know how to remedy it.

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 09:33:12 pm »

:scratch: Hmm... now that I think about it, which Expansion Packs do you have?  If you say that you downloaded a vanity and short dresser, I think you may need University in order for those two types of objects to show up properly.  Not too sure, but that may be what's up.  :dontknow:

J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 09:41:42 pm »

Quote from: Tenshii~Akari;958052
:scratch: Hmm... now that I think about it, which Expansion Packs do you have?  If you say that you downloaded a vanity and short dresser, I think you may need University in order for those two types of objects to show up properly.  Not too sure, but that may be what's up.  :dontknow:

I have NightLife. So certain items only show with certain expansion packs? Sorry for the questions but I just got the Sims 2 and NightLife and am learning as I go. It did say you have to at least have the University expansion pack which came before NightLife. Sorry... I'm rambling.

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2007, 10:57:34 pm »

Both the vanity and short dresser came with University.  The two missing pieces are requiring that EP.
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 12:02:29 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;958148
Both the vanity and short dresser came with University.  The two missing pieces are requiring that EP.

Thank you so much for responding! One final question (I hope). I don't want to use that EP but have noticed quite a few objects that require it around the web. If I install it but play NightLife can I use these objects? Or can I ONLY use the objects while playing the University EP. Weeee! Did I show how green I was to this game?

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2007, 01:51:42 pm »

Once an EP is installed, the objects are available no matter what neighborhood you play in.  The only "drawback" is once the game sees Uni is installed, teens of certain aspirations will have a couple wants basically locked out because they want to go to college.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: