Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 10:56:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Double-barreled questions  (Read 3593 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lilibet

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2007, 11:23:56 am »

I just bought a new computer because my old one just didn't cut it with Bon Voyage.  Now I need to know if I still need to download the CEP thing and if so, where do I find it?  One of the trees provided with Sims2 also flashes blue as downloads do when they are not supported by the game.  Any ideas about that?  The last really annoying thing is that I had four groups of young people in college in downloaded dorms.  Unfortunately I had to wait and put University back on last after I had played the game a little while because I had to locate it.  Now my students are all in the people bin, but not in the "college bin".  Even though my downloads are all in the rest of the game my downloaded dorms are gone.  Is there any way I can retrieve these things and graduate my students?:sad4:
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 03:48:30 pm »

This thread would be in the help section I guess but ok. Wink
Yes CEP must be downloaded again, here.

But I don't understand why you haven't installed University yet ? If you want to find again your old game, you have to reinstall the same game with the old EP. For your dorms there are maybe in the "student home bin" but normally there are still in your university with their students... if you reinstall University. tongue
lilibet

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 06:04:47 pm »

I have installed University, but it was a day after I installed the others because I couldn't locate it.  The university is there.  The problem lies in the fact that all the students I had at university are now in the Sims bin in the neighborhood instead of at the university.  They were most of them almost ready to graduate and now they will never be able to graduate apparently.  In the Sims bin they are all in a group just as they were in the dormitory.  I backed up my game before I got rid of my other computer so I have those files.  I wonder if I took the university file from my old game and replaced it for the one in the new game, if that would really mess things up or even if it would do any good.
mrdolphins

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 06:19:21 pm »

CEP verson 6 is for seasons and not for Bon Voyage. The new CEP dosen't look like it will be ready till for at least a week or so.
I just thought you might want to know.

:fish: pickpock's biggest fan:worship: :fish:
:fish: Watch out or you may get splashed or sprayed!:fish:
Join the Animal Army
seapup

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 08:20:22 pm »

Your students are in the regular sim bin and not the student bin because when you loaded the 'hood without uni installed the game moved them back to the main 'hood. The easiest way to fix it would be to reinstall the backup you made of the 'hood. Failing this you could use Insim to age them back, or use one of the fake graduation hacks.
StaceyV10389

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 08:23:14 pm »

I'm assuming you were playing on a backed up game on the new computer, right? Well if you've loaded that game without Uni, then all young adults automatically revert to adults and are placed in the Main Neighborhood bin to play as normal. I'm not sure that there's any way to fix it, except to maybe uninstall and install again in the original order Sad Hope I made some sense ...

"I'm only human, and that's my saving grace" - Halo, HJS.

My Twilight: Bella & Edward
[/SIZE]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: