Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 06:55:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bon Voyage: Field Test Volume 2  (Read 2461 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« on: September 30, 2007, 01:32:57 pm »

I decided to test Bon Voyage on the new pc..

The differences between the two pc's are quite extreme..

The first pc had a Creative Audigy 4 soundcard, nvidia 7600, ata 40 gig drive, 1 gig of ram, and a pentium 4 2.53..

The second pc has internal sound, Nvidia 8600, 2 gigs of ram, sata 350 gig drive, and a 2.4 dual core processor.

The first issue that vanished was the sound clipping, random freezing.  That was most likely caused by the Audigy 4 not working right with Bon Voyage.  I'm not sure what Maxis did different this time out, the other expansions didn't have that issue.  With the removal of that issue things seemed better, was able to max out the graphic settings again.

The issue that remained..

Sometimes when a sim walks to a community lot, if the sim interacts with another sim or an object, a pop up will hit the screen saying the application encountered an error and will close.  If the sim drives to the lot, the issue doesn't seem to be there.  I haven't tried that with the taxi, just the sims own car.  It could be hack related because even when I removed most of the cc content to test it, I left the anti redundancy hack and the vampwere fix.

All in all, I think Maxis misrepresented the necessary recommended requirements the expansion needs to run with everything set to high.  

It would be nice if Maxis decided to one day release a Sims game with everything already included.  This expansion pack thing they do seems to just open a door to new issues each time, of course it also opens the door for to make a lot more money.  And judging by the top ten chart I'm looking at right now, Maxis will be rollin' in the money for quite awhile.

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 01:49:01 pm »

It's good to hear progress is being made.  With only the two mods in game, it's probably the vampwere fix causing the "walk to" problems.  Anti-redundancy seems to be working satisfactory for many without the application crashing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: