Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 12:34:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Invite Over Option?  (Read 1760 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
bmk08

View Profile WWW
« on: September 30, 2007, 10:05:16 am »

I don't know if this is a problem with BV or if it's the result of one of the mods I have on my game but when I call any of my sims on the phone.  I have the option to just talk, or invite as houseguest (3 days).  I know longer have the invite over option.  When I tried doing the invite as houseguest option, a box popped up in the corner say something like, "I do need a vacation, I'll take the first flight there."  At the time my sims weren't on vacation and the person I had invited over never showed up at the house.  Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me?
Auronette

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 11:54:45 am »

The houseguest option is for the new vacation locals.  (The new sims that live in the vacation neighborhoods.)  They are the ones who will be going on vacation by visiting your playable sims.  Typically when I invite them over, they come the next day around 10 am, and so you have to keep an eye out for them.  Sometimes they will ring the bell and other times they will just stand by the mailbox, but you will have to greet them before they will stay.

You will have no control over their actions, so you just have to sorta keep an eye on them and monitor their needs that way.  I usually leave something out for them to eat at their leisure.  If their needs get too low and they haven't done anything to fix them, they will not stay the 3 full days, but pack up and leave.  They'll autonomously sleep when they're ready to, or if you are lover's with them they will usually sleep after a good round of woohoo...

You should find that if you call one of the regular townies, that you will still have the regular invite option for them.  

Have fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I'd love to share what I've done at other sites. Please don't take it for granted, if you would like to upload my items to other sites, ask me. It may take a little while to get back to you, but you've got a 99.999% chance I'll do i
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 10:38:25 am »

That took me awhile to figure out Auronette. I realize now that 10 am is the start point for anything dealing with vacation locals, or my downtown hotel lots.  So I now make plans to go to the community lots in the mornings or make sure the sim is off the day I want to invite a vacation local over.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 12:05:44 pm »

Where is the Invite as House Guest? i have never seen that option!

Char
xxx

jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 01:03:04 pm »

You have to have your Sim call a vacation acquaintance. It will be one of the options available by phone.

The guest arrives the following morning around 10 AM.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 02:27:54 pm »

So you can't just call anyone over to stay for a bit?

Char
xxx

lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 02:44:40 pm »

The options on the phone should have change to fit the sim you are inviting over, ie: normal, neighborhood and playables, should have the invite over option when you call.  The options change for vacation locals and tourist, ie:Twikkii Island local, the invite over for houseguest (I think) should come up. Since you have to travel to their neighborhoods by airline, then they have to do the same. Then they will arrive the next day.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: