Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 10:33:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideas?  (Read 1274 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tragedymcneil

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2007, 10:58:26 am »

Ok so me and the hubby are shopping for a new computer, right now we have 2 custom built computers, mine I will be selling as I never use it since we can only have one hooked up at a time *old house old wiring long story* his is 3 yrs old- a 2.6 ghz processor 200-250 gb hard-drive 1 gb of ram- having a bit of difficulty finding one thats better then that here so I may just modify..further modify his or buy a new one. problem is my precious sims are on his computer. and I'm talking a town I LOVE call Winchester that houses..hundreds if not 1k to 1.5k sims..I need to move that on to the new pc if and when we get one. I can't simply start over Winchester, well I can but I'd rather not.... so...any ideas as to how I do that.. I can't just upload them to the exchange and dl them the family ties..which are numerous would be gone and that would take a year to do. any ideas?....................Also Ati Radeon HD 2400 pro graphics card..would that work for the sims 2? And vista...I work as tech support and well....vista isn't all that great ..does anyone know if stores will give you xp inplace or their vista? I know all stores are different but just wondering if anyone who has bought a computer recently has been able to switch vista for xp.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 11:10:37 am by tragedymcneil » Logged
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 11:09:40 am »

You can use an external harddrive for this. They aren't very expensive, you can find them for under $80.00. Just back up your game and store it on the external harddrive. Then when you get a new pc you can move the back up files to your new pc. I hope this helps. Good luck!

tragedymcneil

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 11:12:16 am »

hmm that does sound like a great idea there thanks I'll certainly look into that option
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: