Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:57:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: marine corps camo and blues ?  (Read 2289 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Robdambeck

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2007, 04:08:33 am »

There is a marine corps uniform camo and blues at TSR and there is an option for the skinny DL and a bodybuilder DL,now do i have to DL everything to make this work or is there something i am not doing right? i would like to know where i would find these clothes at in my game and if i wanted to go bodybuilder what all files would i need to DL, I have put all files in the downloads section in the sims2. I would like both options if i can and also can i mod a sim i have already made? If i can get this to work i can add more clothes...am i missing something?
Robdambeck

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 04:09:59 am »

I dont think i can post this here,But i am new to this Forum so i am sorry
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 04:31:25 am »

when you download any sort of clothing for The Sims 2, it will require a mesh.  The meshes are sometimes already in the game (the skinny you mention) or they require an additional download mesh (such as the bodybuilder version).

The needed parts all go in your downloads folder.  The downloads folder is usually located here:

Windows:
My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads

Mac:
Home\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads

When you install these items, they will appear in the clothing catalogue in Body Shop, Create-a-Family, and Create-a-Student (University EP); as well as when you take the sims shopping.

When you are creating a Sim, you can choose the custom clothing (it will be signified by a * on the picture preview), or if you want an already made sim to use the clothing, you go to a shop and buy the clothing item, then when returning the sim to his/her home, click on the wardrobe/armoire and change the outfit (uniforms are most usually to be found under casual/everyday)

What you need  to make a "bodybuilder" sim is a matter of choice.  You can find all you need in this section: http://www.insimenator.net/forumdisplay.php?f=158

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Robdambeck

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 01:37:02 pm »

Okay i have found the clothes i Downloaded and all works but the marine corps Blues and the Blues bottom and khaki top.I can go to the clothes store and see them on when i got them..but when i went home to put them on they were not in my closet
Robdambeck

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 01:42:31 pm »

I dont know if this will help but i also have BB clothes and body mesh as well
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 01:51:44 pm »

When you went to the store, did you make sure to purchase them for the right age?  Also tops and bottoms are catalogued separately from whole-body outfits.  Clothing that your sim buys as a Young Adult may not be retained when he/she graduates from college and returns to the regular neighbourhood.

You don't mention what expansion packs and stuff packs you have installed. some of these have a know bug with the catalogue that may be remedied by installing the appropriate fix patch, other times it is more problematic.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
Robdambeck

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 02:24:03 pm »

You know maybe the fact that he is in college is the reason its not in my closet?  could the rest of the clothes(including the blues pants) work and the khaki shirts and actual blues uniform not work because he is in college? i have all EPs and i am only missing the fashion stuff pack
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 08:35:48 pm »

Yes - that may very well be the case.  Many items are not enabled for more than one age.  The Young Adult (college student) age group is distinct from Adult, so unless the clothing creator made an especial change, it may only work for adults.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: