Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 02:10:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help - Issue with community lots in Life Stories  (Read 2557 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
viperchilli

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2007, 01:44:19 pm »

I completed Vincent's game and liked the community lots, including the bowling center and park. So I used the move to lots bin command, which removes it from the neighborhood, but creates a copy in the lot bin. Then when I went to re-place the lot - EXACTLY where I just removed it from, it won't let me!

I even tried to place it on an area in the free play area - no luck there. It worked with the pool center community lot, but not the bowling or park. Weird! Now I don't have those lots in the game. Any ideas?

Also can we download sims 2 community lots from here and will they work in life stories?
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 06:43:42 pm »

viperchilli installing a lot (whether community or residential) that is in Sims2Pack format cannot be easily installed in Sims Life Stories.  That is not to say it is impossible, but rather difficult and has no promise of success.

The lot you want to install should be made with either only the base game or with the Nightlife EP, the University EP should not have been installed on the creator's system and have been designed with only custom walls and floors, or none at all.

Next you would install the lot normally in The Sims 2, run the game one time to import the file into the lot catalogue, then exit The Sims 2.

Now move the newest file from:

My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\LotCatalog

to

My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Life Stories\LotCatalog

This is similar to the way you can add files from The Sims 2's SavedSims folder to:

My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Life Stories\SavedSims

if you create this folder.

Direct installation without using The Sims 2 isn't possible as far as I know.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: