Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 12:51:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Securom isn't bad' according to Maxis  (Read 30157 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
maniac19642003
« on: October 04, 2007, 02:48:09 pm »

Maxis has again posted a message in the Sims BBS and now about SecuROM. Not surprisingly, just as the Tourguide bug, they completely deny the problems people are having with it. Oh and to make things worse, they also say that the Bon Voyage patch is delayed til somewhere later this month.
Read the message here: MaxoidVanquish message
Captain_Shepard

Humanity's Last Hope

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 03:30:17 pm »

If I was Will Wright I would grab a shotgun and * boom * down every guy who worked on BV.

I mean what the hell is Maxis thinking? Didn't they get enough with the pets bugs? I mean they sell us a game which includes a software which affects your computer!
And what's up with the bugs? Don't they have enough time to test stuff?

We are little stars among the universe, let us not be blinded by our mortality and deceived from what others say.
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 04:11:11 pm »

they don't seem to test anything or maybe they need testers that actually play the game. as it is now, it feels like we pay them to beta test their game.

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
Captain_Shepard

Humanity's Last Hope

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 04:13:54 pm »

There are lots people who can be beta testers! And the money we spend on the game is more than enough to pay them and have some profit too

We are little stars among the universe, let us not be blinded by our mortality and deceived from what others say.
knightguy82

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 05:24:08 pm »

heres some threads about SecuRom i think are good

"How about a recall!?"

"You should read this because it's about another breach in your privacy! (2o7.net)"

Pirates vs EAxis: Pirates win, EAxis loses :blob6:

"My 2 cents"

"Sony has violated federal laws"
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 11:09:02 pm by knightguy82 » Logged
alkaloid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 05:31:18 pm »

FWIW, 207.net is blocked by AdBlock Plus.

Also, I have been trying to get SecuRom off my freaking computer for weeks now. Anyone know of a current removal tool?

Captain_Shepard

Humanity's Last Hope

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 06:11:06 pm »

It's very hard to remove  a rootkit since the files are hidden deeply and even if you delete them much won't change.

xoJessi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 06:29:09 pm »

What the blaze is SecuRom and what does it do to your PC? I got BV installed and I'm wondering if it's affecting it in any way

My Sims Journal/Photo Album Come see what my sims are up to!

Real Sims
Sims Oasis
Osaga12
Loot Looker

It's that time again.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 07:17:15 pm »

This post tells you what it is: What is SecuRom?. It also gives instructions on how to uninstall it.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 07:20:15 pm by Osaga12 » Logged

There is no duty we undderate so much as the duty of being happy. - Robert L.S
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 08:31:01 pm »

I have read many threads and posts on this issue and see that SecuRom is definitely a problem. I did a search on my computer and see a folder for it, but it is empty. I remembered when I first installed BV, I had alot of adware and spyware files come up on my Norton's virus scan, also 2 viruses, but Norton caught them and deleted it from my computer. I had to run the virus scan every 3 to 4 days just to check for further invasions, only had 2 lately.

This is sad for me, because in spite of all the bugs and problems with BV, I still like the game and hope that I don't have to uninstall my sims2 and reformat my hard drive. EA have an enormous problem with the less fortunate ones who have CD writing failures and hard drives freezing up.  I hope they have a remedy for this problem and be able to get their good name back. Just a hope.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
knightguy82

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 09:12:12 pm »

FOUND ON BBS - Legality Issues

The link below contains a tool which removes SecuROM except it's digital rights management data:

http://www.securom.com/support/SecuROM_Uninstaller.zip

Please download it, extract the application file and follow the instructions below:

- The easiest way of using this tool is to copy the SecuROM_Uninstaller.exe file into your C:\ directory.

- Open the Windows command box by pressing and selecting the option. Now type 'cmd' (without 's) and press on the keyboard.

- Type: 'cd\' (without 's) and press on the keyboard.

- Please type now: SecuROM_Uninstaller.exe /uninstal

- A dialog box will appear. To start the SecuROM uninstallation, press the button.

Please understand that any application that uses SecuROM will rebuild these files and folders with future launches.

Best regards,

SecuROM Support Team
SecuROM on the web: http://www.securom.com
or via e-mail: support@securom.com
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2007, 12:05:43 pm »

You didn't read that thread properly - right after that email you quoted comes this:

Don't bother wasting your time, this did NOT work. But right there in that email, they admit Securom is "digital right management data" Interesting.

Check out this link I found on the same thread: FTC finally settles with Sony BMG over rootkit
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 12:09:38 pm by Sadie79 » Logged

No requests please
maniac19642003
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2007, 12:42:27 pm »

Not sure if this was posted yet or not, but I just saw this at snootysims about SecuROM.

The Sims2.com has updated with a much needed response to the SecuROM issue. They opened a separate BBS section and also MaxoidViolet wrote a large blog update on the issue.
Check it here: Securom BBS section - MaxoidViolet blog
AjaAja

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 04:50:51 am »

Phew.. I don't have it on my pc... and I'm definitely less inclined to install Bon Voyage now...

If my avatar is a girl, it's most likely me
CBC (Come Back Campaign)! One post can make a difference. Join here!
Best contest ever, Beauty of the Decades. Join here!
Have my self-sim for yourself Wink. Get me  here!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 05:10:06 am »

Just for the record, Will Wright is in no manner whatsoever affiliated with the managerial operations of Electronic Arts or its former sub-division Maxis.  He sold Maxis to EA in 1997, and went to work as an independent software developer with a "strong relationship" with EA.

for the full scoop of poop on how EA lied to you for the past 10 years read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxis

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: