Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:11:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Securom isn't bad' according to Maxis  (Read 29831 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nicky689

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 29, 2008, 03:42:52 am »

There is a way to get securom off your computer

Follow the guidelines below ripped from http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/98241-13-remove-securom-malware-uninstalling-bioshock-demo:

i myself havnt done it yet.
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2008, 08:01:01 pm »

If I understood this thing right though- it means that you CAN remove the SecuRom but that if you want to play the games again- it installs it again- and then you have to remove it again- only to have it reinstall again and so on Huh?

I think we are going to use the old PC as our "guinea pig"... just in case. LOL

~*~ Donna ~*~
I DO NOT ANSWER ANY PM REQUESTS! PLEASE READ POST#26 AT MY THREAD! *HERE'S THE LINK: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,85501.0.html
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2008, 08:17:30 pm »

No, you did understand right - for those people having problems with it, that doesn't help much if you still want to play.

No requests please
cynamar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2008, 10:17:46 pm »

Does removing SecureROM affect your game at all?

abaris

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2008, 05:31:16 am »

Quote from: cynamar;1158399
Does removing SecureROM affect your game at all?

Sure, it won't start. Unless you get yourself a No CD crack. Securom is checking if the right CD/DVD is in your drive.
suanni

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2008, 06:19:22 pm »

Never bothered with H&M nor Vacation but have just ordered Freetime and after reading all this I'm in 2 minds whether or not to ship it straight back to Amazon unopened.
If this security feature is causing so many problems why don't all the simmers get together for an en-mass legal action for the damage caused to their computers by the software? That would force EA to change their minds about this feature.
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2008, 06:12:05 am »

Quote from: suanni;1171039
Never bothered with H&M nor Vacation but have just ordered Freetime and after reading all this I'm in 2 minds whether or not to ship it straight back to Amazon unopened.

Why? Just get yourself a no cd crack. Google can work miracles. Anyway, screw securom and have fun playing.
suanni

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2008, 12:01:01 pm »

Already sorted a no cd crack. Its getting loaded on. I loved the look of Freetime as much as I loved the look of Seasons [and I love Seasons].
Securom must've been advertised wrong to EA cos the cracks are out quicker than they were for those who had Safedisk for security.
I tend to use no-cd cracks anyway. I've had 3 discs break and now prefer to not to use the disk in the drive.
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2008, 12:34:16 pm »

Quote from: suanni;1171825

I tend to use no-cd cracks anyway. I've had 3 discs break and now prefer to not to use the disk in the drive.

Same here. As I said above. Most times I look up a no cd crack before actually buying.
Zirconia Wolf

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2008, 07:21:05 pm »

Well said & amen!

I find simply using a no-cd crack to be far less stressful than ranting & raving about the whole SecuROM scandal. Life's just too darn short for such unneeded drama!

EA/Maxis gets my $30 & I get to play a game I completely enjoy without any added PC complications.

Everybody wins & everybody's happy.

-ZW

*** Self-Proclaimed leader of the MoonBats! ***
Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2008, 01:03:04 pm »

Hey For something that is NOT a Problem Enbeded Deep in The Sims 2 Site here is a Patch that everyone here has ben asking for How to remove Secrom.

http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=341

Interesting how if there is no problems with it then why have a patch to remove it?
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2008, 03:26:15 pm »

Well since ive got bon voyage I suppose I must have it then, but what worrys me is that apartment life has an updated securom.
drkl0rd2000

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2008, 12:54:45 am »

4 anyone interested there are now 2 lawsuits against EA for SecUrom.

reclaimyourgame.com

It is far past time we, as gamers, stand up against EA who is content with treating its loyal customers with a high level of disrespect.
CelestialBanana

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2008, 03:39:29 pm »

Quote from: drkl0rd2000;1417157
4 anyone interested there are now 2 lawsuits against EA for SecUrom.

reclaimyourgame.com

It is far past time we, as gamers, stand up against EA who is content with treating its loyal customers with a high level of disrespect.

That's nuts!  Are they on drugs?  I think that they will have more legal issues than they bargained for, that is, if people will actually take a stand and be willing to follow through with it.

I guess that makes me all the more thankful that I don't belong to their boards.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: