Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:40:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 2 Bon Voyage Bugs and SecurROM Flame-O-Rama [BV patch download at risk]  (Read 18897 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Captain_Shepard

Humanity's Last Hope

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 12:15:59 pm »

Update:

EAxis released a patch...Don't download it! Just keep using MATY hack because this patch from what I've read on the BBS, it's creating problems to several people.

I've also visited the MATY there's thread about the BV and Pescado says the following:

THE OFFICIAL RECOMMENDATION IS NOT TO INSTALL THE PATCH DUE TO MORE SECUROM SPYWARE!
This patch offers practically nothing of value except MORE SPYWARE. AVOID!

I'll stick on what Pescado says. I mean I will only patch my game when Pescado approves it. I mean this guy knows the stuff and he made a solution for the problem faster than EAxis.

Well if you want patch it! Nobody blames you Smiley
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 01:32:49 pm by Teren_Rox » Logged

We are little stars among the universe, let us not be blinded by our mortality and deceived from what others say.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2007, 01:08:29 pm »

I wish I'd seen that warning before I went and downloaded it Sad So far so good though, nothing bad's happened yet, although I haven't played around with it enough to find out any more.

No requests please
Captain_Shepard

Humanity's Last Hope

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2007, 01:27:16 pm »

Sadie79 not everyone has problems some have as usual. I might just edit my post to not launch a panic riot because I do care about Insim and I've tried to do the same on BBS but either people are too blind or they say I'm a drama queen and that we should trust EAxis.

We are little stars among the universe, let us not be blinded by our mortality and deceived from what others say.
chriskay

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2007, 01:58:16 pm »

Gosh, I've installed the patch already. What should I do now?
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2007, 02:09:52 pm »

Teren Rox, as a personal rule I envision every Maxoid and SimMaster and Official Announcement by EA as being prefaced with a sibilant "Trussssssssssst usssssssssss, would we lie to you?" (expression of door-to-door insurance salesman here).  This way I feel I am emotionally and spiritually prepared to read the next few lines of text in the proper frame of mind.

I feel a degree of pity for all the people who have been taken-in by the mendacious snake-oil show, but honestly, I am enjoying the show too much to say much.

See the link in my signature for my long history of hating EA and thinking that they should all be clubbed down like a baby fur seal.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Captain_Shepard

Humanity's Last Hope

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2007, 03:06:31 pm »

I've read it and for me you are absolutely right 100%. I feel shame for not seeing  the '' light '' before I mean I already knew about such kind of schemes made my Eaxis but I'd never expect that I would reach such aggresive point as today.

I'll check go check on my bbs post which probably was already locked by the SimIdiots

Yep it was:

That's my point of view of the release of the patch. Most of my info was found by going on threads where people claimed to have problems

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=d1fad195c40f72ca96305c10acbf1b44&directoryID=189&startRow=1&openItemID=item.189,root.1,item.43,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23#3dee466e90ca8732d640c839952432d3

I just went these days there to check on the securom stuff.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 03:19:46 pm by Teren_Rox » Logged

dreamcatchermwh

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2007, 03:25:14 pm »

The Sims 2 controversy
Thank you for correcting me it was added with Pets Story.I stand corrected;-)
The Sims 2 and most of its subsequent add-ons have previously been using Safedisk for copy protection until April 2007, however since then Electronic Arts have replaced Safedisk with the somewhat controversial SecuROM v 7.x software protection which is included with The Sims Pet Stories, The Sims 2 Deluxe, The Sims 2: H&M Fashion Stuff and The Sims 2: Bon Voyage.

Appreciation is a wonderful thing . It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.:grin:
carlymichelle

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2007, 09:24:01 pm »

the patch wont even let me install it so maybe thats a good thing
Captain_Shepard

Humanity's Last Hope

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2007, 11:42:13 am »

Lol the computers knows! Tongue

melo2g

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2007, 10:10:33 pm »

For anyone interested there is a petition going around to ask EA to stop using secuROM.

http://www.petitiononline.com/rsrts2/petition.html
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2007, 11:59:29 am »

I am not having major computer problems, but since I installed BV, Norton's have been working overtime to combat viruses and spyware on my computer. I have never had this much activity in the 5 yrs I owned this computer. I have virus detection updates everyday and have to scan my discs (I have 2) every 3 to 4 days. Each time finding new spyware, adware and 2 virus hits (stopped by my Norton's virus protection).  I don't know for sure if this is because I have a empty folder labelled SecuROM, but when I read the replies by the SimMaster's and official statements, my blood boils.  I have copied the response that SimMasterNeena sent to one complainer:

Hi Cece,
I remember you from signing my guestbook awhile back with another issue. I am sorry you and so many other simmers are having these issues. I do hope you get things sorted out.

Take care,
Neena.

That sounds like, oh well that's your problem, not mine. Have a good day. Angry

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2007, 12:06:30 pm »

The SimMasters can't do anything though, they're not the technical experts. They're not employed by EA, they just have to kiss up to them and keep the forum in order. No use blaming them for gaming problems, they may even be experiencing them first-hand themselves.

On the other hand though, Burpie's way of keeping order is akin to a dictatorship angry There's a right and wrong way to keep the forum in check; I was disgusted to read her sticky on secuROM.

No requests please
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2007, 12:20:17 pm »

Thanks Sadie, I now know what the SimMaster do, for I am not a common visitor to the BBS.  I still feel that no matter what position you hold in the company, if you are a representative, try to make the customer feel as if you are doing everything the company can.  The Maxiods, SimMasters and etc. feel that it's your own problem.

Now MaxiodSam has posted a reply in the SecuROM section of the BBS:
http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=4f90725217b358753515d34b6a607873&directoryID=211&startRow=1&openItemID=item.211,root.1,item.61,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23.

All of a sudden, EA is acting like they care?

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2007, 12:39:50 pm »

Did you see the reply that thread got though? :lol:

The only way they'll get this mess cleaned up is by getting rid of the damn thing. Even owners of other games (like Bioshock) are complaining of problems with it, so it's hardly a vendetta against EA alone.

As for Sony... :bang: What were they thinking when they wrote this program?!

No requests please
Captain_Shepard

Humanity's Last Hope

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2007, 01:45:45 pm »

I think that since Sony's going down the toilet with videogames stuff they're probably trying to take down some computers as part of their evilish plan lol

SimMaster or SimIdiots as I call them are bunch 30 year old people who got choose just because of their age. Actually some SimIdiots are quite childish. I already warned the people there , some believe , many don't. They trust EAxis.
Eaxis is good for them.

Bah , reading those words just makes me sick bufff

And I got banned :

Sorry, you are banned from the BBS until Mon Nov 12, 2007 at 12:00 AM PDT

For telling the truth.

Bah forget about BBS, all I need is Insim! Atleast people here aren't stupid.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 01:47:47 pm by Teren_Rox » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: