Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 09:04:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My sims game keeps freezing when its loading?  (Read 1788 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
StarDeluxe

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2007, 06:37:17 pm »

Okay. Today I was trying to play the Sims. When I went on, you know how it loads then you get to the neighborhood. It keeps freezing at a certain point when its loading. This happened about 4 times. I turned off my computer and tried again but it still keeps freezing! Can I uninstall the game and install it again or does the code number only work once? Please help I have only have my sims game 2 months and I don't want it to already stop working! Thanks. Sad

"I'm in no condition to drive...wait! I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk!" -Homer J. Simpson
~Franny Sims~
:blob5:
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 06:43:45 pm »

You can uninstall and reinstall the game without any problems.  But unless you clean up your downloads of mods and meshes, you will most likely continue to have a problem.  Get Delphy's Download Organizer, Sims2Pack Clean Installer from MTS2, and Paladin's Hack Conflict Detection Utility from http://www.simwardrobe.com, run those and see if resolving any problems they identify help.
StarDeluxe

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 06:44:40 pm »

How do I uninstall the game?

"I'm in no condition to drive...wait! I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk!" -Homer J. Simpson
~Franny Sims~
:blob5:
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 11:05:49 pm »

Did you recently added new stuff into your game?  If so, it is probably those items causing the problems, try removing those things and start your game again.
K_O

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 12:16:41 pm »

I just love how helpful all of you are, I've heard about Delphy's Download Organizer but have no idea where to get it or how it works. Should I find a differant thread for that question?
Also, when my game froze up durring load, I deleted the Accessory cache and Groups cache (located in the EA Games folder) which are both replaced upon loading the game and that worked wonderfully. Will the Content Registry located in the same place be replaced if I delete it too? Or is there any reason to ever delete it?
K_O

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 12:34:16 pm »

So, I had a moment of brainlessness. Missdoh, I found a link of yours to Delphy's download organizer on a different thread and some added info for it as well, so thank you so much for that. Next time I'll remember to do my search before I run off at the fingertips asking questions. Sorry about that but thanks so much!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: