Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 07:00:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Downloaded Sims  (Read 2559 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
rebee

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2007, 03:52:40 pm »

I have downloaded some pre-made sims for the first time. But now I have no idea how to get them into my game with the name they came with. Can someone please help me along with this one?

Also:

Can you take the sims from the other neighborhoods and move them to a different one?

thanks in advance for the help!
Unbroken

*Grins* "You really shouldn't have said that."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 03:47:48 pm »

Hmm, I'm not sure about you're first question. x_x Is it because the name is too long? And it's giving an error message about it being too long or invalid? If not, I don't know. I'm sorry. Sad

You're second question I know two ways.. but I'd probably go with the first one as I don't have much information about the second.

One way you can move you're Sims to a new neighborhood is by putting them on a lot, then putting that lot into the Lot Bin and then going into you're new neighborhood and placing the lot somewhere in you're neighborhood. Smiley Then, if you ever want to move them out, you can and they will go to the Sim Bin. Smiley

Or you could use SimPE.. I think. But, I don't know much about that program. Sorry. Sad Good luck! Smiley
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 05:31:35 pm »

In order to get downloaded sims into your game, you go into CAS, select custom sim and select the one you want.  As far as naming, that's all up to you.  Downloaded sims will not appear in your sim bin waiting to be played.  

The way MissTwentixOne described moving sims between neighborhoods is extremely buggy and will lead to errors in the new neighborhood.  I've heard Maxis has admitted it's broken and don't move sims in this manner.

However you can move the sims onto a lot, then EXPORT the lot, quit the game, and install the lot.  The next time you play the lot with sims will be in the occupied lot bin waiting to be placed in the new neighborhood.

As SimPE isn't BV compatible yet, if you have BV, that's the only option at the moment.
Unbroken

*Grins* "You really shouldn't have said that."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 05:25:45 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;977502
In order to get downloaded sims into your game, you go into CAS, select custom sim and select the one you want.  As far as naming, that's all up to you.  Downloaded sims will not appear in your sim bin waiting to be played.  

The way MissTwentixOne described moving sims between neighborhoods is extremely buggy and will lead to errors in the new neighborhood.  I've heard Maxis has admitted it's broken and don't move sims in this manner.

However you can move the sims onto a lot, then EXPORT the lot, quit the game, and install the lot.  The next time you play the lot with sims will be in the occupied lot bin waiting to be placed in the new neighborhood.

As SimPE isn't BV compatible yet, if you have BV, that's the only option at the moment.

:crybaby: I'm sorry, I had no idea it was buggy. I have done it before and there seemed to be no problems. However, I haven't recently done it with Seasons or Bon Voyage.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: