Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 02:30:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reflection problem.  (Read 2322 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Baby_Gurl

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2007, 04:25:32 pm »

Hi I have a problem with the reflections  in my pool  It won't show up at all.I have no graphic card I use the cheat boolProp useShaders true and I turn on my reflections on still no reflections Do I need a graphics card for that?

NICK JONAS !
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 08:08:59 pm »

What type of graphics card do you currently have?  

(You can find out by going to Start => Run, then type DXDIAG in the open box.  After the DirectX Diagnostics window pops up, click on the Display tab, and you can find the info you need to know about your video card.)  :angel:

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 12:44:14 am »

Baby_Gurl, all computers have a graphics card of some sort, even it is built-in.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Baby_Gurl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 08:14:18 pm »

I have a Intel(R) 82845G/GL Graphics Controller. Oh sorry about that I never really noticed that I think I need a new one. But I don't know what kind I should get any Ideas?

NICK JONAS !
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 01:03:42 am »

I am surprised the game will even play on the Intel 845, the lowest numbers BV & Season should work on are:

Intel(R) Extreme Graphics (see note below)
82865, 82915 and above

NOTE: If you have a non-T&L capable video card, such as Intel Extreme Graphics, then you need at least a 2.4 GHz processor.

from EA official site here (see these links for recommendations): http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=280

and here: http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=340

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
Baby_Gurl

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 07:08:48 pm »

I have 1 gig and a external hard drive that's  why it's playing. I need a new video card but I don't know what kind to get?

NICK JONAS !
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 12:51:23 am »

Baby Gurl - if you follow the links for the official site, they will list video card that will support all the best performance features of The Sims 2 with Seasons and Bon Voyage.

If you are unfamiliar with the inside of your computer, it is usually better to take the system to a computer shop with a print out of the web page linked above.

Baskar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 02:21:35 pm »

Quote from: Baby_Gurl;977796
I have a Intel(R) 82845G/GL Graphics Controller. Oh sorry about that I never really noticed that I think I need a new one. But I don't know what kind I should get any Ideas?

My advice is to get a different graphics card.  That was great 5-10 years ago, but now it's absolute crap.  Take it from someone who learned the "fun" way.

†© Life of Bittersweet torment, why dost thou inflict me so? ©†
Baby_Gurl

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 07:11:07 pm »

Ok thanks I look on the official website I do need a new one thanks I never knew I had a graphics card at least that bad...

NICK JONAS !
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: