Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 04:32:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lot parts keep blinking red and blue.  (Read 1253 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Simulation

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2007, 02:00:44 pm »

I just installed Pets and it started happening. (I have the first four EPs.) Can somebody help me with this? When in neightborhood view, the lots look fine, but if I go to lot view, some of the parts will blink red or blink blue. And if I save, then the neighborhood view of the lot blinks red and blue, also. Can somebody tell me what's going on and how I can correct this problem? :)
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 02:18:33 pm »

The blue indicates that you are missing a certain mesh. The means that your either your graphic card :

A.)Meets the minimal requirements
B.)Needs to be updated
C.) or you may need a new graphics card in general

What you can also do to eliminate some of red, is to the change the graphics performance settings while in game. If they are set high, try turning them down a notch. Try disabling reflections, smooth edges, etc.

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 12:42:36 am »

red is typically an indicator that your video card is below the basic requirements of the game, but as DecoraChroi says, you may be able to resolve this partially by decreasing the in-game performance settings for video.  It is not a perfect solution and will not work for most people experiencing the problem, the only real solution is to get a better video card.

blue is typically associated with a missing texture for an object, this can result from an object being deleted, a recolour being deleted, a change in support due to a version change in CEP, and quite a lot more.  Updating or installing CEP will resolve some instances of the blue thing: get CEP here.

Generally speaking, try deleting the item from the lot and replace it, if it remains blue, then you have little choice but to delete it from the catalog.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: