Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 04:32:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Think I broke it....  (Read 1663 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Rixende

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2007, 07:58:51 pm »

Okay I just loaded up seasons and in the neighbourhood view I have no walls, just floating roofs. The neighbourhood itself is black with a mass of floating objects all bundled together. Eg, in strange town there is a couple of spaceships and a signal tower all hovering above the household with Loki in. The terrain becomes visible as i move the mouse over it but goes as soon as the arrow does.

In the Sims houses all of the objects have moved to one side of the house, no matter what position they were in. The bed is halfway through a wall, the car is no longer on the driveway its through the wall and the bed hovering. The cats have no body, just floating heads, tails and paws. The Sims appear fine until you click on something to interact with it, then they have no faces. The buildings around the house have gone and the seasons have switched themselves round to random times. The one I checked first had changed the season to winter, the next one was autumn. I left both houses in summer.

The only thing I've downloaded recently was a new hair, but I don't think that could have caused all those issues.....could it? I have removed it from my downloads and deleted it anyway but I don't know how to fix this, anyone have any ideas?

there's some pics of downtown, the neighborhoods are worse though. Apologies for the bad quality, had to scale em down
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 08:19:47 pm by Rixende » Logged

"Her expression wasn't perhaps as vicious as thumbscrews, but is did seem to suggest that thumbscrews were a real possibility."
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 12:50:01 am »

have you updated any system drivers? changed a video card? noticed any sort of performance problem in any other software?  It sounds to me like there is a problem with either your video card being over-worked  or over-heating (check the fan on your video card, try a lower on-game video performance option) - or maybe even a corrupted neighbourhood (this can be caused by any number of hardware related items as well as the game bugging out)

I vaguely remember some reports of this kind of thing when Pets was first released, but I honestly don't remember if there was a bug or if it related to a hardware problem.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
crowoftheraven
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 04:49:15 pm »

I share a computer with Rix, and also play on the sims games... None of my downloads are catalogued like hers, However, i have got no issues with my game at all... Apart from the sometimes freezing on the neighbourhood screen, but nothing major....

So.. It seems it is not an issue with the actual computer software... As all the graphics in my game are perfectly fine.... And with how careful she is at downloading and cataloguing, I'm not sure whether that could be the issue either...

And with it being all neighbourhoods, could it acutally be just a corrupted neighbourhood?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 05:23:42 pm »

raven, make a copy of your neighborhoods folder.  Pull Rix's neighborhood folder out of the game and put it in a safe place, then put your copy in.  Do your neighborhoods in Rix's set up have the same problem?

While at it, you could put a copy of Rix's into your folders and see if they function properly there or same problem.

If your neighborhoods in Rix's folders work properly, and Rix's neighborhoods in your folders don't work, the problem will be in the neighborhood manager and or neighborhoods.  

On the other hand if your 'hoods don't work in Rix's folders and Rix's work in your folders it's most likely a configuration error or possibly a mod or mesh.
Rixende

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 09:10:58 pm »

You were right, it was a corrupted neighbourhood, everywhere but strange town and the downtown connected with it are fine.

Thanks for your help ^_^

"Her expression wasn't perhaps as vicious as thumbscrews, but is did seem to suggest that thumbscrews were a real possibility."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: