Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 02:47:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hotel/Restaraunt Issue  (Read 3386 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
hotbeeyatch

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2007, 12:06:56 am »

I built a few hotels in BV and two of them have restaraunts in them. My problem is the chef, he just continually cooks food, even if there is no one eating. I end up with plates of green smoking/fly infested food all over the kitchen and the floor.

I used the Tempest Cooktop and I have a trash compactor and dishwasher for clean up but the problem seems to be the chef continually starting to cook. He doesn't finish it either, it always pots or platters with the toaster pastry boxes on them.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 01:37:41 pm »

I had this problem. Do Sims approach the host to be seated in your restaurant? In my game they no longer ask to be seated. I have to use the owner or manager (unless he is the host) to show a Sim the menu and then dazzle that Sim and only then will the selected Sim ask to be seated and the staff will serve him allowing the chef to function normally.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
KristalRose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 02:56:29 pm »

I'm having a related issue.  In my game, one playable sim can be served at a BV lot resturaunt.  If another playable sim asks the hostess for a table, it is told that there is no tables available, they must come back!
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 03:28:56 pm »

That sounds like a hack conflict. In my game each playable Sim will be seated at different tables. This stinks as you would think a family traveling together would be able to dine together. Ah, well it is TS2 after all!

Joey the Whinernator

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 12:29:22 am »

I do not quite understand the problem since normally when the cook makes food using that specific stove, the food is not taken from it by waiters until a customer buys it.  Did you also put restaurant podium so waiters will show up on the lot?

Which sim is picking up all the food the cook is cooking using that stove?  That looks like the buggy sim to me, not the cook.  You do not need to put anything else but the tempest stove, a restaurant podium, and a diswasher or sink so waiters can clean dishes. Nothing else, did you also put a toaster oven or microwave?  If so, remove it/them.

As far as I know, sims cannot own community lots in the vacation hood Jinyc, you must be referring to other downtown lots then vacation ones?  For your problem, try replacing the stove and the restaurant podium to see if it will fix this issue.

If you want a family to all seat at the same table, you need to make them as a group.  It sucks I know but it is the only way to have them all seeting together and order at the same time, same as we usually do on other community lots than vacation ones.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 01:59:32 pm »

Actually, my restaurant problem is isolated to Bluewater. When I first re-installed all of the games (even prior to BV) I found it baffling that my chef continued to cook and cook but no one would be served in that owned restaurant. I tried removing and replacing the proper stove but I could not get it to work until I realized that no one was asking to be seated.

Once I realized this I had the owner ask to show the menu and then dazzle the customer and only then did that customer ask to be seated and the wait staff went into action and was able to serve a meal allowing the chef to fuction properly.

I never had this problem pre-Seasons. Before Sims would line up to ask to be seated and the restaurant would function as planned. I don't know why this is happening now. I just have accepted it and get my restaurant owner busy dazzling!

When I send two Simmies to one of my two owned Bluewater restaurants on a date, they are seated but all of the others present just hang out. On vacation (I am not 100% sure now), I think I remember other Simmies asking to be seated. I will have to check this again.

If the restaurant works on a BV lot then I am baffled why it does not work the same on a Bluewater lot.

PS: MissDoh, puleeze call me Joey!!!

Joey the Whinernator

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 02:40:29 pm »

Joey (I will call you by your name with pleasure Smiley )

I have not have any of my sims owned any restaurant in a long time but the thing I remember is that indeed they would line-up at the podium and the little meter would should up above their head so they decide if they would or not go for it.  A bit like what they do when there is a bandatron machine on a lot.

If this does not happen for you anymore, maybe you have an outdate mod affecting this?  I know Squinge and Monique made a few business mods and some were updated for Seasons or BV ep.

Owned business community lots do not act exactly like unowned ones.  Espacially if one of the sim you are sending on a date is the owner of the lot.   Indeed other sims do not quite know how to act since the business is not really open like usual because your sims are simply visiting it and the boss (owner) is on a date not at work like usual.  So if you have to dazzle sims to get them to be seated while you are on a date, this sounds like normal to me but I am not sure if you meant this is happening all the time or just when your sims are on a date.

Vacation restaurants are acting like any downtown restaurant community lot that are not owned.  Sims will line-up and be seated by the staff and will order on their own.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 03:52:22 pm »

Beloved Princess of Scrumptious Donuts, yummy, yep, it is probably one of Squinge's mods. I do have several OFB ones. I could remove and test (and for sanity's sake, I will eventually). When I send an owner or family member to a family owned restaurant the owner or offspring Sim acts like the manager so I now send them to different restaurants for dates.

BV restaurants are working fine. It's bluewater (and consequently the probable OFB hack problem) that causes the problem. The show menu and dazzle are used when I send the owner to his restaurant., If it is not used then all the other Simmies just hang around chatting etc. I sent one couple to a Sim owned restaurant (not an owner) and the other Sims did not attempt to eat. They would still have to be coerced.

The dazzle action can be exhausting but for now it works and I am content (but now I will have to see which hack may be interfering).

Joey the Whinernator

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 09:31:46 pm »

I ran the hack diff on the few Squinge business mods I have. I do not have many of his business mods but I know this one need updates for the BV ep.

moveawayfromregister.package: may require possible updates:
    B 0x7FDE81DC 0x2000 Interaction - Buy

Hope this can help.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 01:55:43 pm »

I am so stubborn. I read that this hack would need an update. I had removed it but stubbornly put it back in (I will do anything to quell Maxis obsessive and intrusive BHavs). I am now going to remove it and check and see if it is the one that inhibits customers from asking to be seated in restaurants and will let you know.

Kisses!!!!

PS: I can still check on store (selected) customers to "buy" when in clothing stores but the hack will be jettisoned as promised.

EDIT: I have no idea how to run the Hack Diff. I ran SW's HCDU and no conflict showed up with Squinge's MOd. I checked to see if I still had it and I did so it is now moved out of the hack folder. Difinitive results to follow!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 02:03:56 pm by jinyc » Logged

Joey the Whinernator

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 02:13:13 pm »

Joey my little sunshine,

I truly hope this is the messy mod but if not, pm me and I will try to guide you on how to use the hack diff tool.

Easier than it looks.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 02:26:59 pm »

Merci milles fois, la plus Belle Krispy Kreme!

EDIT: Sadly, it is not the move away from the register hack. I still had to keep my owner Sim busy showing menus and dazzling his customers. I am sure it is one of Squinge's older OFB hacks but I am loathe to removing them. I will, for now, practice my Sim dazzle!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 04:12:37 pm by jinyc » Logged

Joey the Whinernator

Pendu

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2007, 05:55:58 am »

I have a related problem, but just a little different: I've build some hotels with restaurants in them, and I booked a holiday for a sim and his friends. As soon as they got in the hotel, the friends started to order food and they ate non-stop! They only stopped when there was a taxi waiting. They got totally fat!
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2007, 08:41:13 pm »

You could try Pescado's Restaurant/Bar/CoffeeBar Fixes mod which will stop sims from getting in line at the podium and order food again and again and again.

I am using it I totally love it. It also fix something else, sims won't order expresso cup from the expresso cart unless their energy is at about half with this mod in your game.
Pendu

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 04:36:21 am »

Thanks so much for the tip! I'm downloading right now!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: