Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 08:56:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bon Voyage Question  (Read 2731 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
soundandfury
Spa! Spa! Spa! Spa!

WOOBIE DOOBIE WOOBIE DOOBIE SPA!

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2007, 12:25:29 pm »

So, being the idiot I sometimes am, I went out and bought Bon Voyage without first looking on here to see how it was working for other people. HA. Well, I installed it, and all of the walls, everywhere were flashing red. Then I come on here and read about SecuRom. Bleh. And, of course, I didn't back up anything, because I didn't think anything would go wrong.

Anyway, I was wondering. . . I have only gone on to one lot since installing it, and they're sims I don't really care about. I was wondering - if I uninstall Bon Voyage, will all of my old sims be gone? What if I export them, then download them once I get Bon Voyage off? Would they be messed up by the mere act of installing it? Or would they be okay, since I haven't done anything on their lots?

She wishes her boyfriend looked more like Noel Fielding. She wishes her boyfriend looked more like a girl.
She wishes her boyfriend had cheekbones that cut ya. It's a mixed-up, muddled-up, shook-up world.
"Androgynoel" - FDA
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 07:23:11 pm »

The reason it's strongly advised to back up is because once you uninstall an EP, your The Sims 2 folder is wiped, because the files within aren't backwards compatible. You can export your old sims, they'll be present in Bodyshop but you'll have to make them in CAS all over again.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong Smiley

No requests please
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 05:55:31 am »

Your walls are flashing red probably because your video card isn't compatible anymore. Somewhere on the vast expanse of crap that is the Exchange, you'll find a list of video cards that are compatible with Bon Voyage. This happened to me when I got...pets? Or maybe whatever was before it. I had an older crap computer, but since then I've upgraded and haven't had that problem. I'd save my ENTIRE sims 2 folder (where all your data is) right now. Move it to some place like the desktop, or an unrelated drive or whatever. This way, you'll have all your data in case you have some kind of serious problem with SecuRom.
soundandfury
Spa! Spa! Spa! Spa!

WOOBIE DOOBIE WOOBIE DOOBIE SPA!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 04:45:14 pm »

Thanks both of you!

She wishes her boyfriend looked more like Noel Fielding. She wishes her boyfriend looked more like a girl.
She wishes her boyfriend had cheekbones that cut ya. It's a mixed-up, muddled-up, shook-up world.
"Androgynoel" - FDA
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 08:22:09 pm »

No problem! Hope you get your game working the way you want it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: