Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 11:34:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Worth it?  (Read 4660 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Diva1108

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2007, 07:30:48 pm »

is this game actually worth getting. i hear so many bad things and im not that hyped about it. what are your views? buy it? or let it sit on the shelves for a while?
Dec12741

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 09:54:25 pm »

Yes Diva1108 it is worth getting your Sims will beable to Vacations,they(Sims) will be able to meet new sims and unwined and try new thing Sims 2 Bon Voyage is tied with Sims 2 Seasons in my book,does that help any?
Cleo999

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 12:54:27 am »

Despite some problems (to be fixed by Maxis with a patch), the game is definitely worth getting.
Franky

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 01:51:02 pm »

I'm probably the only one who hasn't actually noticed any bugs with BV. However, I also read some of the horror stories out there. However, Maxis has just released a patch and it's supposed for fix some (not all) of the bugs some people have encountered in this EP.

The vacation neighborhoods were a disappointment because I was expecting more community lots and accommodation options, but you can always add new lots by creating or downloading user-created ones. The swimmable beaches are my favourite part, I think. That's one thing the game was really lacking before this EP came along as our Sims could only swim in pools before. The pirate ship is cool too. I didn't expect the Sims to actually be able to climb aboard and explore it. The new flora is also amazing.

So I would recommend this EP, just because of the cool new additions.
Diva1108

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 04:09:16 pm »

Okay guys, thankyou for your opinions. I think I'll buy it then. Hopefully I'll enjoy just as much as you do.
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 08:35:10 pm »

The patch re-enforces the securom 7 software which is known to cause issues on some pc's.  The issues the software causes will not necessarily affect you, but it could.  There's also no available nocd crack for the new patch so therefore if you use it, you'll be stuck with securom.

Also, the new patch has been known to cause more issues.. which is why I created the thread below this one.  I'd hold out on the patch until a nocd crack is made for it.. that way you can bypass securom and not have some of the burner issues and other issues some are experiencing.  Especially considering the only major fix this patch seems to do has already been fixed by the kids on MATY.

Diva1108

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 06:14:29 pm »

okay so use the patch on MATY then? i have vista ultimate, 4gigs, 2.0GHz intel core dual 2, 8400GS Nividia  would maxis patch screw up my comp?
Dec12741

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 08:24:12 pm »

Diva1108 you are going to Love it to bits,why i say you  might ask,I started with Sims 1 and it had Vacation add-on,now iam playing Sims 2 Series now
mrdolphins

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 12:38:04 am »

Quote from: Diva1108;979821
is this game actually worth getting. i hear so many bad things and im not that hyped about it. what are your views? buy it? or let it sit on the shelves for a while?

Okay first off this is what I think/ my view on the topic.
If I had known then all the truble I whould be having with this EP then on there is no way I would have got it. Yes when you can get it to let you do what you want to do it's a great EP. However, my poor sims spent a whole vacation without the game even leting them go anywhere. The taxi whould just up and leave them. It didn't even want to let them go home. I had to try two or three time to get it to let me do that.
If/when they get the bugs fixed I think it will be a great game and am much looking forward to that time. On the other hand if all  the things that I'm hearing about this securom 7 "and none of it good" I'm not so sure I even want this EP on my comp. at all. I just got my new comp. and not sure that I like the risk of some "anti-copying tipe" porgrame messing up my comp. Some of the new things that this EP dose are great I love the new geschurs "although when your sim dose them at lest once or twice each time they talk to some one it gets old". The new dances I really like " but not this tie chie thing     I'm having truble geting my sims to stop doing it and making them do whatever I tell them to do. It seems like all they want to do with the free will on is the tie chie. And Yes I now I could always turn off the free will but that gets old."

I guess what I'm tring to say is yes it's a good game, but there are far too many bugs for my liking.
However, some of our awesome mod/hackers are starting to come up with ways to fix these problems and more.

:fish: pickpock's biggest fan:worship: :fish:
:fish: Watch out or you may get splashed or sprayed!:fish:
Join the Animal Army
Diva1108

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 10:30:08 pm »

lmfao, thankyou for your opinions. i like my sims being able to do what they want but not when its stupid thhings like pee when the bladder bar is almost full, or feed babies after they JUST fed them, or eat when they are not  hungry. I've decided to get the game but i'll download the best patch for it.
mrdolphins

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 10:45:31 pm »

Well I hope injoy it.

:fish: pickpock's biggest fan:worship: :fish:
:fish: Watch out or you may get splashed or sprayed!:fish:
Join the Animal Army
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: