Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 12:35:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bon Voyage: New Patch.. New Issues  (Read 9456 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
chriskay

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 11:13:27 am »

ok, how to remove this securom thing?
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2007, 07:25:04 am »

Well, I uninstalled the patch in the end. Yeah I had to reinstall the EP, but as I'm using a no-CD crack I thought it the best option. (I put the crack over the original exe so I've still managed to avoid getting secuROM on my machine) Found out what was causing the bath/shower jumps - it was my beloved shape controller Sad Oh well, at least now that's been solved, no other problems to report as of yet. Still yet to take my sims on holiday though...

No requests please
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2007, 08:22:05 am »

Im avoiding this patch... As usual the patch will probably do more damage than good... Ive learned that from the first EP patches... yet time after time I patched my not-broken-imo game...always ending with some kind of weird scenario or bugs.
DocFX

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2007, 01:29:34 pm »

Hmmm?, very much like the first 'Seasons' patch this one just geeks out part way thro' unpacking some of the objects! Sad saying you may have to re-install etc. - althou' the game seems very much as it was - weird.

So I've just installed the anti-redundancy hack from maty, and I'll wait for EA's next update to arrive... Wink

Just one more go!.. Wink
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2007, 05:57:21 am »

Suspiciously (with a general save before Cheesy), I've installed the patch and good, fortunately, I haven't experienced any securom alert / any Sims blocked. Good news. Smiley
imogen.3

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2007, 07:22:34 am »

i installed the patch and my game some crashes all the time, it's a real pain, i can't even play let around build! Have re-installed game and that has only made it worse. How do i get to build and play? The game sucks or the people that made it really suck!
roger9

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2007, 08:37:43 pm »

I bought Bon Voyage & the Prima Guide over a month ago but I have never installed it.  I've been reading posts on this website & on The Sim Watch @ Yahoo, a post that is supposed to be read by the designers of the game. When I can understand what you guys are saying, it blows me away.  I am thinking of returning the BV game & guide to EB tomorrow after all I have read.  I think they will take it back under their store policy since I never opened the case seals. I have a large extended game w. over 60 houses & businesses in Pleasantview w. it's subsidary colonies of Montreal (downtown), Bluewater Beach, El Paso (on a Strangetown map) & Rio Grande.  There are over 350 Sims existing electronically in this maze. There are active farms that actually make a living for the Sims that farm there.  I've sat & stared at the wall for quite a while & concluded that I couldn't start all this over just to add vacations.  Thanks to all you people that posted, I think I'll keep playing with what I've got.  Bon Voyage to BV & it's Prima Guide.  Roger9.
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 08:19:52 am »

If there is crash there is a lot of chances that a custom content is involved. Have you try to play without your CC Imogen.3 ?
roger9

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2007, 09:34:08 am »

reply to Mihura: I'm not sure you are replying to my post but I don't have crashes & I don't want to start having them.  I don't know what a CC Imogen.3 is. Roger9.
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2007, 06:00:12 pm »

Imogen.3 is the name who Mihura was directing her question at. Smiley

I have installed Bon Voyage, and although I'm having some minor problems, I think that's because I have a hidden hack in my game, so I'll go trough my downloads soon.
But besides that, it works fine. I have a bit more lag, but I expected that, since the specs already showed that Bon Voyage would be harder on my pc then Seasons was.
So I'm really satisfied, really. ^^

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

Keira914
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2007, 08:48:50 am »

hi everyone...could you say me, where i can get norm member for man for Bon Voage?
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2007, 10:18:27 am »

I have the patch and Uni, and my kids can phone their folks just fine. Still getting phone calls too. The kids are also going to school just fine.

How much of that is down to my using a no-cd crack in place of the patched exe I don't know, but it all works fine

I did notice that secuROM is installed direct from the CD, and that happens every time you boot the game up from it - if it's not there, it installs itself. I only tried that to use the patch properly, but after that I went back to the cracked exe Tongue

No requests please
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: