Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:28:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: teen body mesh linked to adult?  (Read 7731 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
cwurts00

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2007, 10:15:12 pm »

Hi!

I read somewhere that if your teenage sim has a 34C body mesh, she will grow into an adult with a 34D mesh.  Is this true?  If so, I would like to know how to do it in my game.

From what I understand, the game treats a body mesh the same way as a clothing mesh.  I would like to sit back and have my sims change into outfits that match the body type they are already wearing, but I don't understand how to link together outfits with the same body type.  If my sim is a 34B, she should change into 34B outfits in various categories without being told, and likewise for the other body types.

And I don't want to have to "plan outfit" in advance either.  Sims don't choose their own body type as if they are outfits.

Maybe I am misinterpreting what was said in another post, but it looked as if you were saying that sim teenagers with C or D sizes would automatically grow into 'D' adults without planning the outfit in advance.  If this is true, then it must be possible to categorize the outfits in the game by bodyshape, and if this were true, I would be very happy and I would be downloading all sorts of outfits and body meshes.  Can you help me understand?
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 11:43:01 pm »

First of all, this section is the old stuff, which has nothing for the teens at all... they are part of my Hi-Res Bodyshape series, which is in the other section.  I've moved it to the correct forum.

The only thing the game does automatically is with the skintones, which are available at the adult site.  Those I have linked an appropriately-sized set of teen meshes to go along with the adult sizes listed for the skintone, i.e. an adult 34DD skintone will create a D Teen.  This will only affect the sim when she is truly nude, i.e. showering or something like that, and has no effect on clothing whatsoever.  For the clothing, everything must be assigned manually, the game does not have a way to do it for you... it was never designed to have anything other than the default body size.  I would like it to do it the way you describe too, but the game simply doesn't work that way.  It all requires a bit of effort on the part of the player to get any of it to work at all.

For a full explanation of how the whole thing works, check out the How-To tutorial linked in my signature.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 11:51:51 pm by Warlokk » Logged

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
JJJ3Kings

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 11:30:21 pm »

Thank you for the Question! I was wondering the same thing. Thank you Warlokk for the answer!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: