Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:31:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The SC4 Terrain I did so I could have more beach lots  (Read 15129 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sleepycat

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2007, 03:58:18 pm »

Ok first I want to say that the original terrain is named Harmony, it was made by Juliejaz1 at mts2
http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=251979

She truly did a wonderful job, the beach lots are totally flat :love4:

I edited it and now I love it even more!  Grin  My version can fit 50 totally flat beach lots (the smallest beach lots, thats the only one I use) ...and 4 more that do have a bit of a slope and aren't even on the beach  (the little pond didn't show up in SC4)

note: on checking some of the beach lots - A few of the 50 flat lots aren't totally flat, some are a little bumpy but you can easily level those sections. Other then that I think 1 or 2 might have a slight slope down to the beach.

see, they are totally flat

note: BV is only needed if you want to use real beach lots, SC4 terrains don't care what EPs you have or don't have.

* sleepyhaven1.jpg (48.14 KB, 600x450 - viewed 24541 times.)

* sleepyhaven2.jpg (68.04 KB, 800x512 - viewed 2300 times.)

* sleepyhaven3.jpg (77.64 KB, 684x600 - viewed 1986 times.)

* sleepyhaven4flatlot.jpg (41.1 KB, 743x470 - viewed 2102 times.)
* green lake.zip (616.04 KB - downloaded 1232 times.)

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
kim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 04:58:28 pm »

Nice Job

Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 05:45:33 pm »

Thank you Smiley

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 07:17:59 pm »

Thank you Sleepycat.  I need more beach areas. I love beach lots. Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
bleubeari

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 07:48:24 pm »

I only see two files in the download? Whenever I've tried to install a new SC-4 neighborhood in my game, the only ones that will show are the ones with all 5 files, the main one and the four types of terrain. This one's not showing correctly either. Is it the files or my game?
cassandra_107

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 08:40:16 pm »

Quote from: bleubeari;983028
I only see two files in the download? Whenever I've tried to install a new SC-4 neighborhood in my game, the only ones that will show are the ones with all 5 files, the main one and the four types of terrain. This one's not showing correctly either. Is it the files or my game?

It will show up when you load the neighborhood, those other files are preview pictures. The neighborhood does not rely on them, they are there to help you remember what layout that neighborhood is.

Sleepycat thank you for this terrain. I have been trying to make one for a neighborhood project of mine, but I just can't seem to get it right. This might work, there are so many terrains out there that don't have any water at all, they seem barren and missing something to me. I try to make hoods that will at least work for me, it is difficult though to get the sizes and any layout to look realistic.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 08:43:46 pm by cassandra_107 » Logged
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 04:33:55 am »

I have a question regarding to lots, maybe it is not related and maybe you don't know about. But as you create hoods, it can be that you know what I'm talking about:

The 3 main hoods and the new seasons hood have an inbuilt camera file that shoot a sort of introduction to the hoods loading. It is a fly camera that pass over the hood and update the view at each loading. I don't mean the REA file (this one is just a movie), but the one that start up after you choose a hood.
I rebuilt all the hoods and named them exactly like the original (PleasantView, StrangeTown and Veronaville). By using the same names and hood nrs (N001, N002, N003, G001), the camera file is also included with the SC4 Terrain (name it differently and it doesn't happen).
The camera file is also copied when you for example make a clone of a hood.
Question: Do you know how to create those camera files?
psychofaerie200

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 04:51:43 am »

thanks great thanks, just what I needed x
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 06:17:17 am »

I'm glad everyone likes it Smiley

cassandra_107,  I got so frustrated trying to find the right terrain for my new hood. I found a couple that were ok but I couldn't fit more then 25 beach lots so I ended up ordering SC4. I played around in it after I got it on Wednesday.  
trying to make my own terrain was frustrating since I had no clue what I was doing :lol: so thats when I decided to try editing already made ones that were almost what I wanted. That helped big time and I learned a lot. I was rather shocked that I managed to get this one the way I wanted it Wednesday night.  

XPTL297, as far as I know, no one has figured out how to do those 'fly over' cameras Sad

I was pretty tired when I finished this terrain and didn't feel up to taking the other preview pictures and at that time I only planned to share it with a few friends of mine.

I always change my hoods preview picture. Here are the directions for those that don't know how to do it.

CUSTOM NEIGHBORHOOD PICTURE
---------------------------
In order to create a custom picture to represent your neighborhood on the main menu, first save the picture you wish to use as a .png file (a 4x3 size ratio works best, but pictures with other proportions will be stretched to fit). The file must be named N0XX_Neighborhood.png (where XX is the neighborhood number). Then place the file in the neighborhood's directory (e.g., My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N004).

Simbology
khanung

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 06:56:20 am »

thankyou this make beachlot build more easy
Sassenach

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 11:23:31 am »

I'm juliejaz1 almost everywhere - except here. It's cool that you were able to use my neighborhood to make one that was more useful for you, that was why I created mine. I can't build on slopes and every beach 'hood that I found had too much of a slope and some even needed stairs. Good job, I like the extra beach lots and the little pond you added:o)
cassandra_107

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 01:58:10 pm »

I recently found that out also. I have been distorting BlueSomethingBay into something more useful. As I do not have BV I do not know if it will support Beachlots.

I'll post it whenever I get it to my liking, the thing that irritates me most is that there is no way to flatten terrain in SC4 to TS2's needs, even spending a hour with the flattening tool going over the same areas left me with slightly uneven plateau. Screw it I cant spell! I'll post a pic to see if there are any suggestions/interest in posting it.
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 06:14:15 pm »

Quote from: Sassenach;983898
I'm juliejaz1 almost everywhere - except here. It's cool that you were able to use my neighborhood to make one that was more useful for you, that was why I created mine. I can't build on slopes and every beach 'hood that I found had too much of a slope and some even needed stairs. Good job, I like the extra beach lots and the little pond you added:o)

You really did a wonderful job! I've been trying to figure out how to get the terrain at the same level as yours. I plan to try again to make one from scratch when I have more time but for now, I think I will just be working off yours :lol: I want a different version of this one for another hood.

I had started a new hood with a different terrain and it had a nice slope down to the beach (with enough flat land by the road for nice sized houses) but the slope made it difficult for me to take pictures on the beach ...and for my stories, pictures are needed :lol: So I ended up on the hunt again for 'beach lot' terrains, which led to me buying SC4.

Simbology
Hereticus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007, 09:04:50 am »

Hi Sleepycat!

I've got BV but I've got problems to place the beaches lots. Do you know the reason?

Many thanks
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2007, 05:24:37 pm »

Are you having trouble placing empty beach lots or custom downloaded beach lots?

for empty ones, try using a larger size beach lot, you can then bulldoze it and place a smaller one.

for custom downloaded beach lots, well the slope of the land matters when building beach lots so some built on a slope will not work on my terrains because my terrains are for flat beach lots. nothing I can do about it.

Simbology
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: