Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 05:15:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem solved: Clean Installer error message solved but still get empty files  (Read 5591 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
trl

View Profile WWW
« on: October 11, 2007, 05:43:07 pm »

I recently packaged a lot in the game. I would like to share this lot so I read Aliwags Tutorial on how to package a clean lot. Unfortunately after changing the file name and adding .sim2pack at the end I get this error message and a bunch of empty packages:

I am not sure what this means or if I have done something wrong. Any help would be appreciated.:love4:
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 02:06:51 pm by trl » Logged

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 08:58:21 pm »

Hummm if you typed sim2pack this might be the problem, it should be typed sims2pack
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 10:06:09 pm »

I am  pretty sure I typed it correctly when I saved the file, I just made a typo when I posted this but I will try it again to be sure. This happened on several attempts today. Thanks for the help. I will let ya know. Smiley

EDIT: Unfortunately that wasn't the problem, I am still getting this message and empty package files. Sad
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 10:51:25 pm by trl » Logged

trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 04:11:20 pm »

I don't mean to double post but I am finding that others (Ms.Simbodies, Samlee) are getting this same message with empty files in the package or missing files in the package. Could this be a BON Voyage issue as we all have BV installed? What does that error message mean? Thanks inadvance for any ideas.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 04:23:57 pm by trl » Logged

JCSpencer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 04:15:46 pm »

I don't have BV and I packaged my lots earlier today preparing for a 'hood refresh. I just tried installing the sims2pack and didn't encounter any errors. But then that really doesn't prove anything. Could be just a coincidence about not having BV.

Oh, I'm also using the generic Sims2Pack installer that came with the game (never changed file associations). Would that matter?

Join the Animal Army ... your site just might depend on it!
...- Admiral Anemone, Animal Army Naval Division
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 04:22:01 pm »

This is only happening when we are cleaning up the files in the lots using Clean installer so we can upload the lots ; removing the meshes and endless recolors thanks to Pests. We are all fine getting the lots packaged from the game. This seems more like Clean installer problem. At first I thought it was only happening to me but hearing from my friends it is happening to them as well. We are all stumped. Thanks for your reply though (we live close to one another heehee). If this is BV related a mod can move the thread to the BV help section if it need be there.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 04:42:56 pm by trl » Logged

JCSpencer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 04:33:29 pm »

I'm sorry. So you're experiencing this 4-seasons-in-a-week weather too? LOL.

Now, I didn't try to clean my lot, but then I wasn't going to share it. I could try packaging the lot that way and see what happens. Again, it would only prove that yours doesn't work and mine does, the only coincidence being you have BV and I don't. Would help if multiple people tried or reported. Hmm, have there been any newly packaged lots put up for BV you could check? I haven't checked. If there are, try talking to those creators to see if they had any problems with S2CI. Just another thought.

trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 04:36:41 pm »

LOL @ the weather!
Well it seems like it was fine for until now. Both of my friends had packaged lots with CI since installing bV then all of the sudden this began to occur. Hmmm...Me thinks this isn't a coincidence. It is like something has borked Clean Installer.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 04:44:22 pm by trl » Logged

JCSpencer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 04:41:45 pm »

Was this before or after you installed the patch from the 10th?

trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 04:56:14 pm »

Oh that darned patch!! Probably after...Sheesh! *shakes head* I am not sure about my other friends but I will check.

JCSpencer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 05:17:11 pm »

LOL.

Cheesy

Wonder if they're working on an update for S2CI. Well assuming this is the problem.

trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 05:25:49 pm »

I was thinking that too yet as you said, some are having no issues with this. I even went snooping around at MATY but haven't seen this issue. I am scared to post over there. ROFL!

JCSpencer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 06:26:00 pm »

LOL. They don't bite that hard. But the general feeling at MATY (and among some members here) is to avoid the patch for the time being.

megativity13

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 09:27:01 pm »

have you tried uninstalling and re-downloading/re-installing clean installer?
http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/index.php?page=3

feed the hungry while testing your vocabulary
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2007, 09:55:34 am »

Just thought I would update:
Thanks but Clean Installer is working fine. I found my issue with the error report was due to the fact that two objects in the file had an "&" sign in the file name. Apparently Clean Installer doesn't recognize this and therefore my error message. I removed the items from the lot and I no longer get the error message but I am still getting empty files in the package after I clean the lot, select "save as" and rename the file. Not sure why but I hope to figure it out soon.

Just in case anyone else has this problem with this error message, here are 2 links that explain this issue. The first is my question in the Clean Installer forum and the second is the detailed explanation of things which may cause it.

here
here
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 09:58:51 am by trl » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: