Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 11:47:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims2 Deluxe/ Univ install question  (Read 1761 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
AnalogKid

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2007, 09:16:01 pm »

Bought Deluxe, thinking about buying Univ but I have read that you should install Univ before nightlife and thats not possible. Will I have more problems than its worth?

I also notice that deluxe has the Young Adult, which from what I read was introduced in Univ, so I dont think Deluxe is just 2/nightlife. The directory structure is also different from if you had installed nightlife as a seperate EP.

Mostly why I Univ is the music stuff..drums, guitars. Also the pool table and maybe the cell phone ( is the cell phone worth having? The review for Nightlife on IGN.com said its was and I spent hours trying to find it till I figured out it was in univ )

Any advice appreciated Thanks

Analog Kid
--------------------------------------------------------------
If you talk to God, you are praying. If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.
~ Thomas Szasz
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 12:49:12 am »

You don't need to install the EPs in any particular order, so you shouldn't have a problem putting Uni on now.
JCSpencer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 03:35:40 am »

You're basically considering the same setup I currently have. I bought Sims 2 Deluxe (Base+NL) and then installed University. I haven't had any problems. And in my opinion, the instruments and cell phones are pretty cool to have. But think twice about the handheld and the mp3 player - they got on my nerves really quick. Leave a Sim for a few seconds and s/he will almost always start playing with one or the other, forcing you to waste 15-20 minutes of Sim time for them to put it away if you were going to have them do something else. It seemed cool to have a way for them to increase fun on the spot, but it was more hassle than it was worth and there are plenty of other ways to increase fun that are faster and can be cancelled more quickly.

The pool table is all right, but it seems to me that the stupid AI of non-playable Sims loves to make them autonomously interact with people playing pool, causing an interruption in the game which forces you to start over again if you want to play. You can't resume the previous one. This isn't too much of a problem however if you're playing pool at home (plus there's a hidden skill for pool playing; if your teens get a skill of 8+ they qualify for a §1000 scholarship towards college).

Although I didn't think I was going to care much about the going-to-college bit, I actually love it now and send all my young Sims through college. Having 6 want slots and the ability to lock 2 of them is pretty handy, at least in my opinion. Especially when originally my old Sims had constant Write Great Novel/Sell Masterpiece wants constantly tying up two slots, which was half of my choices and made it hard to get them into gold aspiration and/or keep 'em there. Plus going to college is the only way to unlock the 4 new careers for those Sims. That sucks for Sims that are already adults, but there are hacks to get around that if you aren't a purist.

And like I said, the instruments are very cool. I had my four teenagers go to college, get their degrees in Drama (closest thing available to performing arts), then move in together with each "specializing" in a different instrument (piano, drums, bass, guitar). They bought a little bar & grill, built a stage, and now perform there every night, earning around §1000 apiece (not counting funds from the restaurant, bar or the gift shop). Granted the last part is only available if you also get Open For Business (which I LOVE), but you can still earn that much money with a high Creativity skill by peforming on your instrument for tips. Great way to earn extra cash in college too (best way, in fact). And I love how you can have Sims play together on different instruments; you just start one Sim performing on his instrument, then have the others join in. The only thing I don't like is that performances are limited to the styles of Rock (which is actually more of a classic rock), Jazz, and Country. Still, it's a lot of fun. I think you'll really enjoy it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I don't know where you read that about Young Adults being in the Deluxe version, but it was wrong. Young Adults is only in University; to be more specific, Young Adult is the age period between teen and adult that only exists while the Sim is in enrolled in and attending a university. Therefore, it can't be available in Sims 2 or Night Life because there's no way to go to a university without University. However, you are correct in that the directory structure changed, but it's more cosmetic than anything else. Doesn't have any effect on the game.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 03:48:20 am by JCSpencer » Logged

Join the Animal Army ... your site just might depend on it!
...- Admiral Anemone, Animal Army Naval Division
AnalogKid

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 06:30:15 am »

thanks for the answers and thanks JC you have made up my mind, going to buy it Smiley

Yea the YA that I thought was in there was just a choice in bodyshop I misunderstood what it meant. Figured it out after your reponse Smiley

Thank again ya'll
Analog Kid
JCSpencer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 03:43:18 pm »

No problem. Hope you have fun with it!

Join the Animal Army ... your site just might depend on it!
...- Admiral Anemone, Animal Army Naval Division
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: