Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:10:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Eyestravaganza! 53 new eyes, contacts, corrective sclera and a new default set.  (Read 15092 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
alkaloid

View Profile WWW
« on: October 12, 2007, 05:22:28 pm »

:director: Terms of use for these textures/recolors: These files may be redistributed via shared sims, so long as those sims are available in the free section of any site, and I am credited with a link back to my profile on this site. You may not charge money or a membership fee for my files: this includes "donation files" on an otherwise free site, and sites where my files would only periodically be free.

These files may also be shared via Neighborhood 99, so long as I am properly credited.

You may recolor these files or use them to make default replacement sets so long as your derivative works are only posted/shared and credited on free sites as described in the preceding paragraphs.

Cloning the contacts will export the same binning and layering information, so I'd really prefer if you only cloned these contacts for the purpose of making contacts. However, I'm not going to hold anyone to that since some of you are using Macs and therefore can't use SimPE.

ETA: szielins has made two lower-impact correctors, which also take care of mis-colored eyelashes and mouth interiors. Check them out over here: http://www.modthesims2.com/member/showthread.php?t=253167.

I'm going to make this quick because I'm unbelievably sick of woking on these.

In this post:
* 53 new eyes (binned and townie-friendly) All 53 eye color swatches can be viewed at my photobucket: http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb124/alkalinesims/eyes2/?start=all
* 53 layerable, multi-selectable contacts for all ages
* all-ages layerable corrective sclera for my old eyes
* new default set
* Excel spreadsheet with descriptions as well as SimPE genetics information to help you keep track of it all and/or update your Sims' eye color.
* 11 completely new eye colors, in addition to the revised 42 colors from my previous set

The light eyes have a new iris template, for a more natural look. I also fiddled with all the irises individually, for less iris pattern uniformity. Finally - and this is the big thing - these eyes come with a new sclera that animates well. No more having your sims turn their eyes inside out when they look to the side!

All eyes are binned and townie-friendly. If you do not like these features, please try the contacts. Binning information is on the spreadsheet! Or you can let it be a surprise.

DEFAULT SET

Contacts layer at 85 (above face masks), and are all binned together.

The light sclera is the same one you see in the pics. It is binned by itself and can be mixed with all other types of layerable makeup, and layers at 95 (very high, but with a little room for any other special effects you may want to use). I've tested it with mine, Enayla's and RenSim's eyes, and it should also look OK with any other eyes that used Louis' eyes for a layout guide.

I used the Olive eyes for the in-game animation screenshots.

* eyespreview.gif (28.03 KB, 150x150 - viewed 13651 times.)

* sidelong.jpg (21.8 KB, 500x500 - viewed 1438 times.)

* verysidelong.jpg (20.94 KB, 500x500 - viewed 1566 times.)

* zombieface.jpg (24.02 KB, 500x500 - viewed 1478 times.)

* restingposition.jpg (22.44 KB, 500x500 - viewed 1494 times.)
* alkalinecontacts2_SPREADSHEET.rar (4.93 KB - downloaded 430 times.)
* alkaloid_specialeffect_lightsclera.rar (43.73 KB - downloaded 524 times.)
* alkaloid_townieeyes2_ALL53COLORS.rar (1023.43 KB - downloaded 807 times.)
* alkaloid_contacts_ALL53COLORS.rar (2323.51 KB - downloaded 623 times.)
* alkaloid_eyedefaults_v2.rar (15.92 KB - downloaded 595 times.)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 08:48:27 pm by alkaloid » Logged

Blooplie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 10:17:26 am »

I am so excited.  I love your eyes colors even in the last version and these are even  better..thank you!
kim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 02:50:57 pm »

Nice Job

tallsimsfan77

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 03:28:26 pm »

I'm sick of those cheese maxis eye colors, so thank you so much for this set. =D

Sigs are for smokers.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 04:23:35 pm »

wow! great work alkaloid! eyes are -for me at least - impossible to get right, and you made these a gleaming perfection!  Outstanding! *downlods with wild giggling*  Thank you!

Quote from: alkaloid
I'm going to make this quick because I'm unbelievably sick of woking on these.

I can so thoroughly sympathise, I was a year getting my eye set to the point they didn't sicken me to see in game >_<
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 04:35:01 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Veggpryd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 04:24:21 pm »

Beautifule eyes! Lovely. Thanks! Smiley

Dotty Dot
Former Resident Nut-Job

GONE

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 06:03:23 pm »

Yes! Thank you SO much! Cheesy
I had been trying to make my own eyes for ages (failing miserably) and had given up.
But I've finally found them exactly in your 'Deep Forest'.
Again, can't thank you enough! :worship:

If a tree falls in the wood and nobody is around to hear it...<br />Do the other trees laugh at it? :jester:
KinwatsaZ

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 09:06:45 pm »

Always looking for new eyes and a set of defaults that look so realistic is a real bonus!  Thank you so much! K
alkaloid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 06:26:38 am »

Aw, thank you all so much! Smiley I hope you enjoy these!

jwilson5
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 12:45:38 pm »

Outstanding job, and I love your little thumbnail with the changing eyes. So clever. The skin on that thumbnail is also gorgeous with its little freckles, so cute.

"Pure art is not about the creator, its about the creation"
Angeleyez7680

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 01:10:23 pm »

I just have to say this is the most exquisite eye set I have seen anywhere.
I cant wait to go back and make more Sims.
I appreciate all the hard work you put into these eyes and all I can say is Thank You so much.
verenaheu

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007, 01:21:47 pm »

Thank you for these gorgeous eyes and the defaults! I love them,:)
Zephyrash

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 11:15:05 pm »

What a great find! I sure do appreciate your work. Its been nice watching you progress to this point and I know your next project will be even more amazing.
Oprah

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2007, 08:51:04 am »

I love it, thank you!
dannymummy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 03:27:41 am »

These are beautiful, thank you
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: