Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 02:41:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adults can't go to work when babies come + other issues  (Read 1665 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Cinamun

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2007, 01:24:14 am »

Problem just started with seasons and I do have the latest patch installed. Here is the issue: My two parent sims have careers, but for some reason, once baby is born my sims freeze and wont leave for work. The option comes up "go to work" but then quickly dissappears, comes back and disappears as if something is blocking them from leaving.. well, nothing is blocking the doorways so I know that can't be it. I've tried a few things:

1) I've had one parent work and the other stay home. Well, after awhile, dad won't even recognize that mom is home and I get the message "I cannot leave my little one home alone yadda yadda" and his carpool drives off.  So I tried hiring a nanny to track his schedule even WITH mom at home, nanny is always late, dad still won't leave.

2) I've tried using the money cheat to keep them both home, but when the child grows into a teen and another baby comes, the teen will stop getting on the school bus. The icon of the bus appears and then simply dissappears, comes again then dissapears.

It seems that no matter what i've tried (forcing errors on the lot to reset each player, etc) my sims simply cannot leave for work once a new baby arrives.

Another situation that arose was when mom was pregnant, after she had the baby she automatically reached the top of her career... right after birth.

There seems to be a bug with carreers and babies. I have no custom careers, just the maxis ones and I have several hacks but NONE that would affect transportation, babies or employment.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm actually trying to play my families out now and keep having this problem which is MORE than disturbing to me.

Help please? Gracias!

...enjoying the game.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 02:40:35 pm »

The lot could be corrupted or it could be a mod issue.  Are you sure all the mods you have are Seasons compatible?

There are a few tools around you could try to debug your lot but here is the most complete one I know of:

FFS debugger made by Pescado, can be found at MATY site Here

If after using this tool your lot is still buggy, I suggest you move them into a new house since it looks like it is happening only one specific lot.  But before you move then out, you could try to disable all your mods or move your downloads folder to see if without any cc it is still happening.
Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 06:37:57 pm »

That's just it, its happening on all lots with new babies...

I thought I removed everything, but when I did I got the same result.  I'll have to go back into my folders and see if any hacks/mods are still lingering that could cause this conflict.

...enjoying the game.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 08:13:16 pm »

You can totally remove your donwloads folder and move it to desktop without the risk of things resetting as long as you do not save a lot after you did.

That way, you will be ensure if it is something in that downloads folder causing the issues (try a few different lots without saving) or if it could be a faulty install.

You can also check the customcontentobjects.txt file located in the logs folder, it is listing all the cc you have and in which folder they are located.  It happened to me once to have copied a folder in the music one per error and I ended up having 2 copies of the same mods without knowing it.

The hack detection tool could also help finding out if anything is conflicting which could cause an issue too.  Can be found at the Simwardrobe.com site.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 08:16:15 pm by MissDoh » Logged
Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 11:21:05 pm »

Thank you SO much for your help, i'm going to give these things a try, i'll check back and let you know what worked.  Thanks again!

...enjoying the game.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: