Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 03:50:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Load error  (Read 2964 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ZarinaDrac

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2007, 10:09:26 am »

Hi, I'm sure it's been complained about before, and I'm going through old threads to try and find it, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

When I load Seasons, I can get through everything up to opening my lots inside a neighbourhood. When I try to play in a lot with people, the game pops up with an error message and tells me it will now terminate. It happens every time on the seventh load bar at the top. I think it has something to do with a incompatible hack, but I can't figure out which one. Also, I can enter community lots just fine. Any suggestions are most welcome. Thank you!
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 02:07:15 pm »

First, check if all the mods you are using are Seasons ep compatible.  If you recently add new cc or lots in your game, remove them and try again.

Second, try to completely remove your downloads folder and see if the game can load normally without it.  If so, put back small bacth of cc at a time until you found which item(s) is causing the problem.

There is no tool that will tell you what is causing this, you have to find it by trial and error.
AjaAja

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 05:15:06 pm »

If you modified something using SimPE, could that cause it too?

If my avatar is a girl, it's most likely me
CBC (Come Back Campaign)! One post can make a difference. Join here!
Best contest ever, Beauty of the Decades. Join here!
Have my self-sim for yourself Wink. Get me  here!
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 06:39:14 pm »

Try deleting the groups.cache file in your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2.      Corrupt clothing/hair/accessories are notorious for causing lots to hang, so I would remove all custom content if deleting groups.cache doesn't work.  If you continue to crash in the absence of custom content, then in all likelihood the lots themselves (or neighborhood) are corrupted.  If it's just the lots you might get away with forcibly moving the sims out of the defective lot and into a clean one.

Sims 2 Clean Installer is highly recommended for doing this kind of detective work.  It will allow you to browse the contents of your Downloads quickly and disable/enable package files (or groups of package files).  It will also identify any mod in your game by highlighting it in red.

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 06:44:28 pm »

move your family out and back in. if you still cant try a new lot. if the new lot is playable your lot file is corrupted
Ivn8play

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 08:24:33 pm »

i have a similar problam but im unable to use my game at all. When the first load starts i title screen it will either not load at all or load half way and stay like that or terminate all together.
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 09:05:05 pm »

try to reinstall the game and reload.

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 09:54:22 pm »

First, make sure that you video drivers are up to date, same with your mods.

And try deleting your groups.cache file, sometimes it help.  If you have cc, totally remove the downloads folder to see if the game will load without it.  If so, you will know where to look for the problem.
Ivn8play

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 10:00:14 pm »

The thing is though when i take out the downloads file it works
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 12:16:05 am »

Then it clearly means something in it is causing the problems.

Cut it in two and play with one half of your downloads and see if the problem is still there so you can isolate the culprit.  If not in the first half try the second one.  Do this until you find what is causing the problems

If you are sure all you have is compatible and updated for the most recent ep you have install it is the only way to found out what is causing problems so you can report about it to the maker of the cc.  There is no magical program that will tell that to you.

There are a few tools around like the hack detection tool which will show you if some of your mods are conflicting and there is also the clean installer which will show you if you have duplicates files or stuff you did not know were mods.

You have to help yourself a bit if you want to found out what is causing the problem.  We cannot pin point it since we have no idea of the cc stuff you have and are not aware of the version of it you have install and you did not mention which ep you have either.

Again there is no magical tool that will tell you this item precisely is causing problems, you will know with trial and errors.  The tools I mention will help narrow it down too.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 12:26:29 am by MissDoh » Logged
Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 08:46:45 pm »

Quote from: Ivn8play;1005861
i have a similar problam but im unable to use my game at all. When the first load starts i title screen it will either not load at all or load half way and stay like that or terminate all together.

This is normaly Caused by a bad File in your downloads folder. It could be a pain to sort out just what one it is, But the way I do this is set a temp folder on my desktop and move all files there. Then move them back 100 at a time. After moving the 100 back restart see if you get to the neaborhood select screen. If so then exit and move anothe 100. eventualy it will hang/crash! then you know its in the last 100 you moved.

This is done easly by keeping to file manager windows open so when you move the 100 they are Highlighted in the downloads folder. So that you dont have to figure out what ones you last moved once you crash...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: