Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:18:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Bon Voyage killed bodyshop.  (Read 7000 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Nik4myth

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2007, 06:15:06 am »

Ever since I installed Bon Voyage, my bodyshop won't work. I have tried every version of bodyshop and deleting the groups.cache file and it's friends :blast: (As suggested here : http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=62533). My body shop takes about half an hour to just begin to load, at which time a message shows up saying 'This application has crashed and will now terminate.' Very annoying, especially now that all my Sims have to be made in CAS and all look more or less the same.

I've recently deleted all my downloads and started again, so really it shouldn't be taking so long just to show up on the task bar. I'm pretty sure it is not a download causing this problem.

'Draw your dagger, look your opponent in the eye, today my friend is a good day to die.'
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 01:03:50 pm »

Maybe try downloading the BV patch, or if that don't work then try reinstallin BV.

Char
xxx

Nik4myth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 06:40:24 am »

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, installing the patch didn't help (Certainly didn't hurt though either). I'm thinking of reinstalling all my expansion packs, if I can find all the disks.

'Draw your dagger, look your opponent in the eye, today my friend is a good day to die.'
stickman1676

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 08:40:23 am »

I have had the same problem.  It started when I installed bon voyage on my computer, then decided to remove it to wait for the patch.  After reinstalling, everything worked fine for a week or two, until yesterday...  It happened again when I tried to load Body Shop right after shutting down my game.  
                                                                                                           Then I tried to re-launch the game and I get a little box that says The Sims 2 and there is a red X in a circle and a tab to select OK.  So now my game won't run either.  I had downloaded some cc and installed it yesterday, so I uninstalled it all ( the stuff dated for yesterday) and it still won't start.  

Does anybody know something I can try?
LadyLibra456

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 01:08:04 pm »

I think it is related to this http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=63174
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 08:39:09 pm »

Nik4myth - Are you using Bodyshop from the Bon Voyage game? When I install a new expansion pack I always make a new shorcut to my desktop for Bodyshop from the new EP. You do this by:
1. click on start
2. when the menu comes up put your cursor over "All programs" and navigate to the "EA Games" program. Hold your cursor over this and a window will open.
3. From there will be a list of all your EPs, navigate to the Bon Voyage EP and hold your cursor on it.
4. when you see Sims 2 Bodyshop highlight it by holding your cusor on it, once highlighted right click your mouse and a menu will appear. From here select "create shortcut". It will put the Bon Voyage Bodyshop shortcut on your desk top. Now see if it will work. (Just delete the old shortcut to your previous EP's Bodyshop).

stickman1676 - try deleting the "Cigen" file. It is found under My Documents/(your user name)/EAGames/Sims2. It often becomes corrupt and is safe to delete as the game will regenerate the next time you run Bodyshop. Hope this helps! Good luck!

I hope this is what was wrong. Good luck!:D
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 08:44:29 pm by trl » Logged

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 04:21:05 am »

also delete the accesory. cache if it keeps crashing, did the trick for me Wink

No longer active
Nik4myth

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 04:07:54 pm »

I've tried everything mentioned, and sadly my bodyshop still isn't working.

Xylune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 03:56:04 am »

That's really odd.  I was going to make the same suggestion as trl, as I forgot to change my BS desktop shortcut from the Pets version to Seasons when it came out and I had a problem like that.  If you've tried that I'm not sure what to tell you.  The only other thing I can think of is to try deleting your thumbnails folder and accessory cache as well.  Sometimes that fixes glitches in BS for me.

Visit my site for original fantasy fiction (Warning: my stories include male/male romance)
Beyond the Ninth Wave
~Aussie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 07:24:18 am »

If you have imported your Sims from the game using SimPE, have you tried renaming the files in the SavedSims folder? for example, if the file is "d5095ea6_d66f8a6a" rename it to "John Sim" etc.

See my other uploads at Sim Oasis
Nik4myth

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 07:24:59 am »

I've not imported any sims using simPE. But thanks for the suggestion.

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 08:01:22 am »

Nik4myth, it is probably time you start harassing EA tech support.

The only thing I have not seen you mention trying it terminating all non-essential processes (including anti-virus) with the Windows Task Manager.

See this article on the How-to Geek for information on how to  improve the information you see in Vista's Windows Task Manager

If you are using a non-Vista version of Windows, then, in order to see similar information, you will need Process Explorer from the Microsoft TechNet site

Maybe in looking at the processes at this level will help you see what may be interfering with the Body Shop executable

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Nik4myth

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 08:52:17 am »

Thanks for the suggestion. :goodidea:

I might look into that. I'm a bit afraid of terminating the wrong processes though - knowing my luck, I'll only make things worse.

I'm just looking for all my EP CD's. Hopefuly reinstalling will work. If not... then I think I'll cry. :pale:

LaurenW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 05:54:05 pm »

Quote from: Nik4myth;1020279
I've tried everything mentioned, and sadly my bodyshop still isn't working.

yeah, same here... i guess i'll have to harass EA also >.<

Joe_Debock

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2007, 09:50:00 am »

Ea games don't support body shop as they say is is add on.
I run my game now under Vista and like you had body shop trouble problems, tech support at MTS2 work a great help.

I religiously now since NL delete the groups.cache file. It is most annoying.

Remove your downloads and saved sims folder with all its contents.
With the body shop Icon in BV start up body shop and see if it loads, if it does clone a sims character and save it, and recolor a piece of clothing save it and this will make body shop generate a new saved sims folder and a downloads folder fixing any root directory error that had been generated, copy and past all contents of the old saved sims files and the downloads folder into the new ones.

If it crashs again afer reinstallation of all the files then you have a file conflick and then have the tedious task of locating it and deleting it. I usually out of my 15000 files end up with one or two with every EP due to Maxis file mod.
clean installer may help as does conflick finder I downloaded from MTS2. I hope the four letters MTS2 is not blasphis here.
Hope this maybe of some help.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: