Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 02:35:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bon Voyage killed bodyshop.  (Read 7148 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
freshsfs2003

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2007, 10:50:39 am »

Quote from: Joe_Debock;1025789
Ea games don't support body shop as they say is is add on.
I run my game now under Vista and like you had body shop trouble problems, tech support at MTS2 work a great help.

I religiously now since NL delete the groups.cache file. It is most annoying.

Remove your downloads and saved sims folder with all its contents.
With the body shop Icon in BV start up body shop and see if it loads, if it does clone a sims character and save it, and recolor a piece of clothing save it and this will make body shop generate a new saved sims folder and a downloads folder fixing any root directory error that had been generated, copy and past all contents of the old saved sims files and the downloads folder into the new ones.

If it crashs again afer reinstallation of all the files then you have a file conflick and then have the tedious task of locating it and deleting it. I usually out of my 15000 files end up with one or two with every EP due to Maxis file mod.
clean installer may help as does conflick finder I downloaded from MTS2. I hope the four letters MTS2 is not blasphis here.
Hope this maybe of some help.

I have Vistas too and all of a sudden yesterday I could not access bodyshop. It started when I tryed to by clothes in the game. Now I had just been in BS earlier that day, but when the game crashed I tryed to load it afterwards. Since then it keeps crashing. I haven't downloaded any sims or hacks lately that aren't compatible. So I just tryed your suggestion.
It crashed again without both folders and now has left me a long list in my sims 2 folder that reads stuff like this:

TS2bodyshop 2007.11.10 9.34.09 MDMP
there are 203 of these files. I have clean installer but I can't figure out how to find the conflict here. Can you tell me how you did it?

By the way, It may just be me but have you noticed that with vista there is a new problem weekly? Even if you hadn't downloaded anything. I have an updated graphics card but every week I'm having a new issue with the game.

The American ideal, after all, is that everyone should be as much alike as possible.  James Baldwin
summerlove26

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2007, 12:26:30 pm »

I really suggest that all the people who are having Bon Voyage Issues should just take this game off their system along with the latest patch.  I will make sure to backup you cc contents into another safe folder in your computer.  Uninstall the game.  If you have Nvidia videocard check for any drivers update which for most came out in september of this year.   download but before installing you want to make sure to unstill the earlier driver in your computer  and then once in uninstall install the new one.  Make sure to restart your computer when uninstalling and installing the drivers.  I would definately will not install the Bon Vogage game untill Nvidia and EA will solve the many issues that came with this game.  I believe that the latest patch is causing more harm them good since it only solves the problem temporarely for some players.  I will stick to Season until Nvidia and EA take fully responsability to fix this issues.  They keep blaming eachother which does not help the furstrated player.  I will be very skeptical in purchasing their new expansion packs in the future since with Securom and these videocards graphics issues keep happening.  It is obvious that they pushing all the expansion packs that they can trow at us before Sims3 comes out next year  in the fall to really care how many glitches and problems these expansion packs may have.  Please don't get me wrong for my honestly I really love the sims but I have wasted too much money these past few weeks trying to fix my computer ever since Season came out and now with Bon Voyage. Happy Simming!

:love5:SUMMERLOVE26
freshsfs2003

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2007, 03:20:16 pm »

I think you're right. I decided to use my backup. So from monday to friday something was corrupted. I didn't have many downloads this week. And what makes this worse is I have played with everything I downloaded this week. I don't know what changed. I blame them all too. I keep fixing one problem and another arises. I am officially done with anymore expansion packs. And before anybody says it, yes all my hacks are compatible. I've been playing with only a few since seasons and BV so I know they are fine.

The American ideal, after all, is that everyone should be as much alike as possible.  James Baldwin
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2007, 07:16:33 pm »

freshfs2003 - Alright, the same thing happened to me yesterday with that MDMP file. I was in Bodyshop deleting some things and all of the sudden it crashed and spit out a package MDMP file along with a note pad text document in my Sims 2 folder. All is working fine for me, game and bodyshop though.

I thought I would attach what appears to be some sort of error message I don't understand and maybe someone will know what is going on. I am not sure if this is related to other's issues in this thread.

What happens if we remove that MDMP file from the Sims 2 Folder. Anyhoo I thought it may help if I posted this message.

* MDMP Bodyshop text.rar (2.65 KB - downloaded 161 times.)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 07:23:39 pm by trl » Logged

freshsfs2003

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2007, 07:11:52 pm »

teah I still don't know what happened. I've used my backup so many times with BV that I just decided to can that neighborhood completly. I saved my some of my sims though. I thing is I was in Bodydhop deleting clothes too. So when I went back to my backup instead of putting the clothes back into the game I trashed ALL of my clothes and started over. I had a lot of unwanted clothes taking up space. Thank God I keep them in a subfolder. I really tired of using my Backup. I was getting confused about what happened from what really didn't happen because the backups are a week apart. Now everything is fine.
I've never ever seen MDMP files. I wonder too if anyone can at least explain.

Nik4myth

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2007, 06:01:53 pm »

Hey guys. I'm ashamed to admit I haven't checked this thread since my last reply - I only just remembered I made it, to be honest. In the end I simply deleted my saved Sims folder - and now my body shop works perfectly, and the graphics in my game have improved drastically. It was such a simple solution - I'm surprised I didn't think of it earlier.

Anyway, thank you so much for all your support and advice. I'm sorry to hear other people are having problems too.

'Draw your dagger, look your opponent in the eye, today my friend is a good day to die.'
dvzele2

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2007, 10:23:16 am »

Believe it or not, because BV seems to be the root of all Simming evil, but my bodyshop stopped working because Seasons appeared to have added an extra version of it on me.  I had to go to my bodyshop files and determine on properties which was from my Sims Deluxe.  As long as I open the original bodyshop set-up, I have no problem.  Sorry if I don't explain this technically perfect, I'm really only fair to middle with solving my computer problems. :smile:
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: