Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 01:36:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Myosotis Floral Wardrobe  (Read 2522 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
sirbartonslady

View Profile WWW
« on: October 18, 2007, 05:36:39 pm »

MYOSOTIS FLORAL WARDROBE
[/B]

"The Forget-me-nots are the genus Myosotis of flowering plants in the family Boraginaceae.

There are about 50 species in the genus, and among them there is considerable variation. Nevertheless a considerable number of the species fit the same description, of a small (1 cm diameter or less) rather flat 5-petalled blue flower growing profusely on straggly stems, flowering in spring."
-- Wikipedia

Next to the pansy, the Forget-Me-Not is my other favorite flower, a delicate little blue pop of color. After learning about recoloring clothes in my Pansy Floral Wardrobe set, I decided to do another, similar wardrobe, this time using Forget-Me-Nots (I use the term "Myosotis" in the files because it's fewer letters)

This actually took a lot longer than the pansy floral wardrobe did to complete, mostly because I didn't want to be too cookie-cutter, but the flowers weren't showing up so well. I also expanded a little bit more variety. A little bit.

To use the complete set, you'll need University, Nightlife, Glamor Life Stuff and Seasons. However, if you don't have, for example, Glamor Life, you can simply not install the files, they're labled in the filename.

The files are grouped into .rars by category. All use Maxis meshes, and I'll detail them below. I believe all of these are available for young adults as well, but I created them mainly for adults.

Myosotis-Active.rar
Contains one file: Myosotis-Active.package (653kb)
** Requires "The Sims 2: University" **
A simple blue jogging suit with a flower on the front left-hand side of the chest, and three flowers across the back over the tailbone.

Myosotis-Casual.rar
Contains three files: Myosotis-NLdress.package (226kb), Myosotis-Skirt.package (165kb), Myosotis-Top.package (118kb)
** Dress Requires "The Sims 2: Nightlife **
Top and Skirt are base-game compatible
The dress is a recolor of my favorite mesh, the tie-front floral dress. I didn't mean for it to come out looking so much like the actual Maxis dress, with the blue accents being almost the same color. Bodyshop really does kind of distort colors when you're working on stuff. Anyway, I added an extra detail to it, by adding a large flower pendant to the necklace. There are also little flowers on the sleeves.
The top is a basic t-shirt that I recolored, but I extended the alpha down so that it doesn't leave a bare-midriff, because I frankly don't like bare midriffs. The shading was a huge pain, so I went with a simple pattern for the shirt.
The skirt is a basic skirt that I altered the color filter to a pleasant blue and then lined up a ring of flowers across the hem. As far as I can tell, they match up pretty well on the seams, (it's hard to tell when your sim won't hold still in Create-A-Sim!) and the color matches the colors of the shirt.

Myosotis-Formal.rar
Contains two files: Myosotis-GLSformal.package (233kb), Myosotis-Formal.package (169kb)
** Myosotis-GLSformal.package Requires "The Sims 2: Glamor Life Stuff!" **
Myosotis-Formal.package is base-game compatible
The Glamor Life gown is a minimal edit, really, because all I really did was put a mild color filter on the dress and then add little flowers along the vines; however, this was the first one I did because I wanted to have a dress like this in my game, and it wasn't until after I'd completed it that I decided to go further with the set.
The other dress is a base mesh and took insanely long to complete. Along with adjusting the color, I added my usual Myosotis pattern in the band at the waistline, and then added little flowers along the straps, including on the criss-cross on the back. I initially added little flowers along the hem, but it didn't look very good, so I scrapped that idea.

Myosotis-Outer.rar
Contains one file: Myosotis-Outer.package (700kb)
** Requires "The Sims 2: Seasons" **
As I've said before, this is my favorite Outerwear mesh, and it was remarkably easy to do. Mostly I just recolored the fabric of the dress underneath and filtered the color of the outfit. Personally, I think it looks great in the game and it is probably my favorite of this set.

Myosotis-Sleep.rar
Contains two files: Myosotis-Chemise.package (213kb), Myosotis-GLSpjs.package (391kb)
** Myosotis-GLSpjs.package Requires "The Sims 2: Glamor Life Stuff!" **
I love the long silky pajamas in GLS, and after seeing a set of pajamas at work that was very similar (except with blue roses rather than forget-me-nots) I was inspired to make this recolor in addition to the chemise I made.
The chemise is a basic mesh. I piled the little myosotis flower over the lace, because I wasn't able to properly erase the lace without screwing up the main texture. Unfortunately, despite numberous, numerous attempts in the game to capture a good close-up showing the detail of the little flowers, I've been unable to properly cap them, because my game seems stubbornly determined to blur them when I zoom in. I've provided the best screenshots I could get.

Myosotis-Swim.rar
Contains two files: Myosotis-SwimBikini.package (31kb), Myosotis-SwimOnePc.package (186kb)
Base-game compatible
I prefer simple swimwear for my sims, and these two actually utilize the same fill-pattern, but the bikini has an added texture accent to give it a bluer-sheen so that it doesn't look like a clipped version of the one-piece. The one-piece was a nightmare to shade.

Myosotis-Undies.rar
Contains one file: Myosotis-Undies.package (68.6kb)
Base-game compatible
This is just a basic bra-and-panty recolor that I added little flowers to the base of the bra-straps, and along the front of the panty. I wanted them to look like actual lingerie, without being too racy, or too athletic.

* Myosotis-Active.rar (591.38 KB - downloaded 167 times.)
* Myosotis-Casual.rar (445.79 KB - downloaded 182 times.)
* Myosotis-Formal.rar (355.66 KB - downloaded 183 times.)
* Myosotis-Outer.rar (370.7 KB - downloaded 170 times.)
* Myosotis-Sleep.rar (407.93 KB - downloaded 167 times.)
* Myosotis-Swim.rar (185.5 KB - downloaded 165 times.)
* Myosotis-Undies.rar (54.07 KB - downloaded 177 times.)

* myosotis-wardrobe.jpg (33.19 KB, 600x450 - viewed 643 times.)

* myosotis-activewear.jpg (68.6 KB, 600x450 - viewed 666 times.)

* myosotis-formals-both.jpg (67.56 KB, 600x450 - viewed 657 times.)

* myosotis-lingerie.jpg (63.2 KB, 600x450 - viewed 612 times.)

* myosotis-outerwear.jpg (70.11 KB, 600x450 - viewed 668 times.)

* myosotis-separates.jpg (69.84 KB, 600x450 - viewed 626 times.)

* myosotis-sleepwear.jpg (73.13 KB, 600x450 - viewed 639 times.)

* myosotis-swimwear.jpg (68.78 KB, 600x450 - viewed 652 times.)

* myosotis-NLdress.jpg (69.46 KB, 600x450 - viewed 658 times.)

Paddle faster! I hear banjos!
kim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 05:24:10 am »

Nice Job

flameflash

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 10:09:07 am »

I really appreciate this one.  A theme full outfit grouping with little to no mesh needs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: