Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 11:12:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding Careers/Majors  (Read 2059 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
LivvyxBaby

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2007, 12:25:04 pm »

I was wondering that when you download careers and/or majors how do you add them into the game to be used? I have SIMPE and I don't know if that does anything or not but could someone tell me please.

I am sorry if this is in the wrong spot. I am use to posting on Modthesims2 forum but they don't really help me there.

Thank you!
dreamcatchermwh

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 12:28:38 pm »

The only advice is "Don't do it". You will regret it this messes up the game big time.

Appreciation is a wonderful thing . It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.:grin:
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 03:04:38 pm »

LivvyxBaby, in ths "no" is the best and safest answer.  Sure there are probably some custom careers and majors that work fine and don't bork your game; but I have never managed to find them.

Same goes for custom foods.  Better to avoid them.

Truth: just because you can add custom content to your game is not a very good reason to do it.

Keep in mind, I am a custom content creator, and I am saying this.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
LivvyxBaby

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 05:07:26 pm »

Why do they mess up your game?
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 05:24:50 pm »

Because a lot of them have coding that seeps into your game and messes it up royally. I know-I've deleted about half of mine (I'm hoping that is all I need to do-sorry, I can't live without one or two!) and it works better now; but if I have to, I'll delete all of them and keep on the safe side.
I don't know exactly what kind of coding does what, but it is a major problem when your sims develop a jump bug from it, or other catastrophes-such as freezing, or crashing. Not a good thing to do.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 05:27:52 pm by MaryH » Logged

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 10:11:24 pm »

LivvyxBaby - because EA is run by retarded monkeys and hirest the worst developers ever assembled, they make changes to the basic infrastructure of the game with every EP, and if this wasn't enough to insure doom, they keep recycling bad buggy code back into the game in each EP only to release a patch to fix it all again and again and again.

Then we have to consider that not all custom content creators know what they are doing, they mean well, they think they are doing us all some benefit making things; but not all of them are quite as knowledgable as we would hope.  Some of them release their custom career at a time when it is perfectly in sync with the games available at the date of release, so it is not their fault EA makes some giant and un-expected change in the game's code that turns their work into a horror about to unfold.

Look at the scramble to test and update every mod and hack available after the release of each EP.  If only the career-makers did the same thing....

Why does it bork your game? ask EA. They are the ones making this process as painful and complicated as humanly possible.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
LivvyxBaby

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 11:09:23 pm »

Hmmm well I will take your word for it and not download them. Thank you!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: