Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 03:16:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EA error  (Read 1411 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
murfwithjess

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2007, 06:24:26 pm »

hey all..
ok.. well.. i reformatted again.. and i back-up all me sims stuff...im using XP pro 64bit now
..yesturday i put all sims on, bar bon voyage...first off.. each time i put the sims and EP's on i got a  error from windows XP, saying its a Ereg thing, send or dont send.. but stil let me put them on... it happen to all of them, each EP....
then i put me downloads back in and the saved town with all the stuff that goes with it.. like collects file, saved sims etc...i went to play it, and all me names of the sims are different..but the game still played, and very thing was still there..
Now i know this happen to me early, when i put celebration in... i ask about it in here and someone give me a link to fix it....so.. i went back there yesterday got the fix, put it in the game.. and nothing.. still the same.. the names are gone/different..so i had a look at all the writing in that thread and try to do it manually.. when i went there, it was all done.. like it should be... so now im confused... so i uninstalled all the game and tried again.. but still the same thing.. getting the error thing...""" EReg has encountered a problem and needs to close..."""

just wondering if anyone has had/heard of this problem and knows how to fix it.. or would i be best just to use the insimenator and change there names back???
:sad1:

SUCH AS LIFE..............ILL SLEEP WHEN IM DEAD!!!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 06:27:29 pm »

Murf - it sounds like you have the nefarious Pets EP townie names bug

you need to make certain to install the patch for Pets EP from the EA update site (http://www.thesims2.ea.com/update) immediately after you install Pets EP - make sure it isn't doing weirdness with a test family - then proceed to the next EP/SP

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
murfwithjess

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 06:43:47 pm »

cheers beosboxboy.... and the funny thing.. im reinstalling now as i type, and im up to PETS....lol.. cheers..

P.S. i ask a question like do i have to download each patch, i got ""NO"" just get the last EP that i have, because the following EP will have the last patch in it??? so now my question.. do i need to download all patches??../ just the last one..??my last one is celebration, but i know there is not a patch for that so the patch would be season's......... i can see this is not going to be pretty..
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 06:50:53 pm by murfwithjess » Logged

murfwithjess

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 09:13:23 pm »

well i put pets on, then the patch.. made a newbie, all worked... put season's in.. went back to my newbie, all worked... put back all my downloads ..everything.. all work with my newbie... went to my other town, (where all my sims are/live).. all worked well... put celebration's on.. and back to the stupid names.. went to Thesims2 got the little registry file thing.. and DIDNT DO AA DAMN THING.... try to do it manually and it already was changed, like it is suppose to be..... no idea... so i guess i will take out celebrations... unless and one has any ideas?Huh??

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: