Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:16:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: ATTENTION! New Body Shop Bug!!!!111!1eleven  (Read 33206 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2007, 11:49:58 pm »

Yakov, I followed the steps in which locating the packages. I located them in Clean installer and moved them into a folder to check them out in SimPe. I right clicked and opened them except when I open them, the packages show up empty or I get an error message. The attachment below shows the files which I do think are several of them. Am I doing somthing wrong, because I want to look inside them before I delete them.

Also I have BV installed on one comp, the ones I found posted below is the computer without BV.

* example.jpg (75.58 KB, 640x284 - viewed 282 times.)

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2007, 12:32:04 am »

can you ZIP/RAR one of them and post it here?  I will try opening the file on my system to see if it is the usual culprit or a skintone.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2007, 12:52:05 am »

Odd as it seems, I just uploaded a file and continuous trouble with Rar'd sims, but thats a whole nother story....eh
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 03:54:19 pm by DecoraChroi » Logged

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2007, 04:08:51 pm »

Hi again, DecoraChroi.  I just looked at the file in SimPE and sadly yes - all the files with a size:

6.64 MB (6,970,232 bytes)

are the known bad file. I recommend you delete them.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2007, 03:56:18 pm »

Funny how the file size of the sim can be deceptive, huh? I had that another couple of times while installing prizes - just how is that being done? :oogle: Is our own copy of the file sneaking into our packs when we open them or something?

No requests please
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2007, 03:08:49 am »

yes - Body Shop seems to randomly slap this monkey into any sims2pack.  I believe it is a bug in BV's version of Body Shop, but I can't be completely certain.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2007, 11:22:27 am »

Aaaaaand....on a completely unrelated note, Yakov, your special Christmas avatar is definitely droolworthy.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Kala

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2007, 02:27:14 pm »

Can the junk files have other charactorists? I found many files that were just numbers and letters with the sufix of _00##.  BTW thanks for this thread.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2007, 04:32:04 pm »

Just the file size of 6.* MB, I think, that's what you need to check for.

No requests please
DocFX

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2007, 07:13:49 pm »

Hmmm?, I wonder what those *Wacky Programmers at EA will do next for our entertainment in these cold winter nights!. Wink

Thanks for the heads-up!... Smiley

*Note I've used the word 'Wacky' here - please feel free to substitute it with one of your favourite words!. Cheesy

Just one more go!.. Wink
phoenixpaine

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2007, 05:36:01 pm »

Lawd... and i just got Bon Voyage >.<, and ive had seasons for a while now.... does this affect the 1024x768 resolution in Body Shop? cause im having major issues with that.

And does anyone know how to run the bodyshop in 1024x768 without using the bodyshop mechanic?

____
L.O.A
BeachSiren

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2008, 01:25:17 am »

Well, I thought "before I spend hours running Clean Installer on my d/l's folder, I'll just download the patch for BV."  What a joke!  It didn't fix it!  Interesting since that's what EA told you do BBB, huh?  I've got the continous paperboy loop, the never leaving visitors, and the major lag going on in my game and I just installed it.  I haven't even had a chance to play the game.  Unfortunately, I didn't see these posts until after the fact.  Thanks for sharing your knowledge on how to fix this BBB.  Hopefully I'll be able to enjoy my game again.
Debbycus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2008, 07:24:12 am »

BeachSiren, for the endless paperboy loop, update your Inteenimater. Others have had it and downloading the BV version for InTeen fixed it Smiley

Teh forum troll -- iz ur enemy. DO NOT FEED!
chriskay

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2008, 02:12:09 pm »

I only have one file with name "b18484e15a91c5a039d61f635d15d7c3.package". o_O

Are there supposed to be any junk files with other name?

annnnddd, I checked all of my files that has no specific type and none of them are in 6,** MB size. But I'm using The Compressorizer so....maybe it has altered the size?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 02:24:47 pm by chriskay » Logged
vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2008, 05:40:15 pm »

After reading this,I just want to apologise to this community for my positivness towards EA games and Maxis.I was just happy for being able to play a pc game I love so much!Never played a pc game before.
But yes,it's right,EA  sucks!
Thank you BBB for all your trouble and for sharing this info.
Unfortunately my knowledge about computers is extremely limited,so I hope it's inough to check the D/Ls with the clean installer and delete series of numbers heavier than 6 MBs,Im afraid for the simPE thing,I have no mechanical points,lol.
Regarding the patches,I had them installed up to BV but they never do anything for me so I just deleted them.
I don't think EA cares about our efforts to play this game. I had to buy a new computer to play all those EPs,and the coming ones and - hopefully - sims3,and I'm not that rich at all,lol.
Thanks again,Beos.

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: