Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 08:08:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: restart neighborhood  (Read 11476 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mieley

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2007, 10:40:16 pm »

is there a way to reset one of the default neighborhoods without reinstalling? i mean when the families are just the way you find them once you just install the game. i completely ruined riverblossom hills and wanted to redo it. is there any way to reset it?

I´ll come again when you have Judge on the menue.
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 11:51:01 pm »

Yes, what you should do is locate the original neighbourhood data which you should be able to find on your PC - it's located on your C-Drive, or whatever your main drive is, at this location: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Seasons\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods

You should find the G001 Neighbourhood in there, which contains Riverblossom Hills in its pristine state. Copy that folder into My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods, making sure that you delete the trashed version of Riverblossom Hills first.

:blob6:
mieley

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 09:36:26 pm »

thanks so much! you rock!

I´ll come again when you have Judge on the menue.
ForeverCamp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 10:09:25 pm »

Oh, finally a quicker way to restart screwed-up neighbourhoods! I've been uninstalling and reinstalling my latest EP for years!  Fanku

We're a million strong and getting stronger still
They'll remember we were here
With a million voices breaking silence 'til
They'll remember we were here
:headbang:
Million Voices, BarlowGirl
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 03:59:30 am »

If you don't care for one, specific neighbourhood and you just want to start over, there is one more way: you delete user's data, a.k.a. My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2  folders -yes, the whole folder-- and you start the game. The game data stored in Program Files will create a fresh copy as if you had just re-installed.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 04:10:34 am »

It is a good idea to save your Downloads, Saved Sims, and any other folder where you've customized the contents (Cameras, Config).  Unless of course you want to start brand new on CC.
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 04:30:24 am »

It is a good idea to save your Downloads, Saved Sims, and any other folder where you've customized the contents (Cameras, Config).  Unless of course you want to start brand new on CC.
Yes, you are right, I forgot to mention it. Smiley

As for Config folder, I think it's better to copy the userStartup.cheat --the only file needed from this folder-- on the desktop and when the game has generated new files and folders to put it back again. At least, that's my preferred method, as I can never be sure of what might go wrong with the game.

"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
My LiveJournal
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 05:53:15 pm »

I just go all out and yank the whole neighborhood folder.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 07:12:20 pm »

Oh! I wish I had known that before I un-installed, re-installed, and completly messed up my game.  Embarrassed

Find me on moonlight <3
Foxybaby

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 06:51:53 pm »

Going on a similar issue, I restarted Pleasantview but when I came to choose the Uni, only Sim State was there, so I choose it anyway. But, when I go to send a sim to college, it won't allow to do it from PC/Phone-it says to do it from the neighbourhood view. So I can still send my sims to college, but its a tad annoying when I have to come out of the lot I'm playing to send 1 member to the College bin for later, then go back into the lot I was playing. Anyone any ideas how to fix it without a reinstall of Uni?

Ta muchly

Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 02:05:20 am »

This is weird. You're supposed to have your teen Sim choosing the option to move to College by phone or PC and a few seconds later a taxi comes to pick him/her up. Does the taxi appear? If not, then perhaps you should check your Downloads folder and check if you have mods/hacks conflicting with each another?

My LiveJournal
Foxybaby

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 03:03:34 pm »

Thanks Nalia-but its not hacks as I have not downloaded any hacks for a long time and Uni is fine in all my other neighbourhoods. Nothing appears-they do the call, then a pop up comes up and says to do it from the hood view.

Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 10:59:13 am »

Maybe you mean the message about your students being moved to the Uni neighbourhood?
Because, after they live their houses, they are moved to Uni neighbourhood bin and you have to move them in a dorm or a house.
But, if the taxi does not appear and your students are not moved from their parents' home then something really weird is happening in your game. If it's not a hack, maybe it's some CC causing it?

Have you tried the usual "stuff"? Delete all the .cache files from My Docs\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder? If all fails, backup your game and tried the 50-50 procedure with your Downloads folder. There is a long tutorial at the Sims2Wiki to spot where the problem lies.

My LiveJournal
Foxybaby

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2009, 06:16:29 pm »

Yep-tried it all. Even tried it without any custom content.

Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2009, 07:10:48 pm »

Have you downloaded any new lots, Sims, or houses lately? Sometimes hacks get included with them. You might try running HDCU or use Delphy's Organizer or the clean installer to locate them.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: