Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:47:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: restart neighborhood  (Read 11210 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Foxybaby

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2009, 02:24:46 pm »

I tried it with my whole Downloads folder removed. All files that come with the packed house go in there-so yes-ALL files were removed.

I know you guys mean well in trying to help me, but I know what files I have, I know what hacks I have, I know what house pack files I've unpacked and I have played with a clean game, without any CC whatsoever. So, other than repeating what other people have said, does anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2009, 03:25:17 pm »

Well, Foxybaby, no one can assume to know what you've tried or haven't tried if you don't mention it first, which is why people have been making these suggestions. Alasdair is right. Sometimes a hack gets included with a lot and is installed in our games without our knowledge, unless you've been installing with CI (something else you haven't mentioned) and have managed to catch them first. People are going to mention things you've tried unless you specifically say you've tried them first. Smiley Not only that, but if we don't post something, no matter how simple, because you've posted a comment telling people to stop posting suggestions about your Downloads folder, then you could miss out on getting the solution. Smiley
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 05:17:01 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2009, 04:33:50 pm »

Foxy, I don't remember if I asked this before, but what happens if you go to another neighborhood?  If you haven't played one of the other premades, try one of them and see if the problems still exist.  Better yet, create a new custom neighborhood to try it out in.  If things are working, then you know the problem is unique to PV.

Other things to try, and again, I don't remember if they've been suggested or tried, delete groups.cache, and neighborhoodmanager.package (not the neighborhood.package though).
Foxybaby

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2009, 06:19:39 pm »

Thanks Guys, Yes, I use CI to install lots, and I run it every now and again to check, just in case. the other hoods are fine, have tried Veronaville-for some reason i've never used that, and its fine. However, what I did notice, was on the hoods never touched, there were only the neighbourhood files in the folders, i.e no vacation, suburb files, obvioulsy cos I hadn't chosen them yet as they're unplayed. But when I copied over the N001 file to restart PV, when I looked in it, it had Uni 001 and the vacation files (the package file, .png etc) were still there. The only thing I can think of is that they didn't delete when I copied it over. Does that make sense? I've deleted all the filed bar the N001 files and I'll load again tomorrow to see if that works.
 Oh, and thanks caffeinated.joy, I was just losing my rag as it seemed everyone had the same suggestion even though I said I knew it wasn't anything I'd DL'd, although I should have made it clear that I use CI.

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2009, 05:22:54 pm »

Here is my suggestion: Blow the damn thing up. Cheesy That is the last resort, though and what I always say when I'm out of options to offer.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Foxybaby

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2009, 07:33:06 pm »

cheers Yup-you're totally right! Anyhoo, I did as I said in my last post and it worked! Yay! although I had to wait for it to create everything again when loading PV (pets, seasons etc )

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: