Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 09:41:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Please post Bug Reports and Help Requests Here  (Read 144657 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: November 15, 2006, 10:29:40 am »

daisybis bonjour : les enfants ne seront pas des sirènes. Je rendrai un skintone spécial disponible très bientôt qui permettra ceci.

iamat1977 : you are missing the genetic meshes that are required by the skintone, depending on which skintone you have used you can download the meshes in this section or on the adult site. I am PMing you the URL of the adult site.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
FeistyRedhead

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2006, 11:05:43 pm »

Yakov, '
The last time I fired up the game, my dark chocolate piece of man candy's body vanished everytime he was naked... Only his head and Crammyboy's goodies were visible.. This only started recently...Have you experienced this?

kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 29, 2006, 02:44:28 pm »

Did you try redownloading the meshes or have you recently installed any eps?
Scarlo-hara

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2006, 07:16:13 am »

I got the same problem.
I've downloaded everything on this site to do with merpeople and they still don't show up in Bodyshop! what could be wrong?
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2006, 08:10:14 am »

Well - you will have to tell me more than "it doesn't show up"

There are lots of reasons they might not show up, the usual one is you did not extract the files from the RAR archive.

Next after that is a bug in the cataloguing mechanism of the game that I can do nothing to fix.

Next after that is a mesh conflict (usually because of the cataloguing mechanism getting screwed up).

Next after that is a true mesh conflict (some other creator's download has the same ID number in the guts of the mesh) - this is solvable, but is not easy to fix.

Next after that is because you did not follow my advice and installed Pets, Family Fun Stuff, or some other incredo-buggy EP thing.

Next after that are all the rare things that fall into the category of "I can't make it happen on my system that way" stuff.

So how about you tell me more and I will try to help you, but asking me to do a psychic assesment of you computer is a bit unfair.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
Scarlo-hara

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2006, 11:59:08 am »

For me it appears to be a problem with the mesh, becuase  I downloaded the 'pixie demonic' genetic by Enayla, the skins and eyes work but the horns don't.
It might be the same problem with the merpeople.
The onlything is I  downloaded the meshes several  times so they're there for definate.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 12:29:11 pm by Scarlo-hara » Logged
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2006, 05:40:43 pm »

Aceman - have you read this thread to check if there was a solution that worked?  What EPs do you have installed?  Are you on a Mac or a PC?  Did you place the meshes in a folder?  The first post of this thread says don't do that.  Have you tried placing them in Savedsims? this works for some people when all else fails?  Have you tried deleting your thumbnails and the groups.cache file from the player game folders in you My Documents or Home folder?

Scarlo-hara - In addition to the things I mention for Aceman above, have you done a scan with Sims2Pack Clean Installer to make sure you do not have duplicate versions of the meshes? Having more than one copy of a mesh or file is just begging for trouble.  And have you made certain that you installed the files as described in the first post of this thread?

If you have Pets EP installed, there is probably nothing I can do for either of you.  I just spent the last 2 months preach a Gospel of Hatred for that benighted EP and working on fixes for it, and I am clear out of energy and interest to make anything work in it.  After fighting with Holiday Fun Stuff (2005), Family Fun Stuff, and Glamour Life Fun Stuff the past year -Pets was just the last straw.

Scarlo-hara

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 29, 2006, 05:30:49 am »

don't worry, Iv'e just found out what I've been doing wrong thw whole time!
Now i've worked it out it seems such a silly mistake to make!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 07:39:33 am by Scarlo-hara » Logged
Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2007, 02:55:26 pm »

I've just noticed that all my bodybuilders have the same problem with the neck.  Doesnt matter what skin I use, they could be clothed or not, nor does it matter what hairstyle I have them use.. I thought it was either clothes, hair or the skin, but nothing changed.  Here are some pictures of the Neck issues Im having with my BBs..

Please help, I love my BB guys but they ALL have this same neck issue. lol

I have uni. nl. ofb

Thank you.

Note: If I change them into clothing that doesnt have the BB mesh, like regular maxis clothing, the neck issue goes away.. So this led me to believe it was a clothing issue.. so I had my BB guy go naked.. neck issue still there...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 02:59:34 pm by Cinamun » Logged

...enjoying the game.
Elanoire
« Reply #144 on: January 08, 2007, 03:39:58 am »

Hi I really like your slim body builders set, the mesh and skins and everything, and ive been trying to download them for ages but I cant. When I download one of the .rar on the site it shows up as a picture php document on my computer, and keeps trying to open it in a picture program, even the mesh downloads. Could you please shed some light on how I can fix this? I have downloaded and unzipped rar files in the past, but im stuck on this one. Sorry this is probably just my fault, but yeah. Thanks for your time. :smt120
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: January 08, 2007, 02:31:27 pm »

Cinamun - it happens on certain skintones -the neck and face are handles by two different textures and they do not always agree for colour or detail.  I have tried to correct for this on the skintones I have made available - but it doesn't always work out no matter what I try.

There will be a general overhaul of the bodybuilder meshes someday and this will be one of the many details that will be corrected as best as can be corrected.

Aceman: - you will need to run BodyShop at least once for this folder to appear.

Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\*your-windows-username*\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\SavedSims

Windows 98, 98 SE, & Millennium Edition:
C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\SavedSims

Macintoshes:
Home/EA Games/The Sims 2/SavedSims

Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 08, 2007, 07:09:19 pm »

Thank you very much for getting back to me on that.  I'll be sure to look for any updated meshes, for now, this is nothing major as the meshes look so good even with the neck issue LOL nothing a turtleneck wont cure! Wink

...enjoying the game.
geenrijm2

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 13, 2007, 11:13:45 am »

I have BB/SBB/Athl.m/f. The last one ive put in game was BB it worked for quite a while than suddenly now and again after playing for sometime the skin become stained/spotted looks very dirty i make my sim take a shower he turns around and is normal again also his ladysim becomes spotted once in a while and she is a maxis body  also turns normal after showering or changing cloth so first i ignored it go on playing but last night my game crashed.
I have UV/NL/OFB/GLS and 10.465.00 downloads very organised in folders no subfolders check allways with CleanInstaller
Well i hope you understand this since English is not my first language
Thanks in advance
gypsy_gies

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: January 13, 2007, 01:07:42 pm »

I have installed each and every mesh - downloaded them all at once (yes, took forever) and installed them ALL...but for some reason, Maxis still doesn't see some of them. Have pages and pages full of the maxis default-image where there should be Bodybuilder outfits. The game constantly loses the meshes and I have to reinstall over and over...
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: January 14, 2007, 07:58:56 am »

gypsie - - i am sorry to hear about your difficult time with the bodybuilder meshes.  Do you have any of the Stuff Packs installed?  (Family Fun Stuff in particular shipped to market with a serious bug that caused this sort of problem, and I had the absolute devil of a time with the 2005 Holiday stuff)  Also you do not mention if you have installed any of the patches -- I know the patches fixed some of these problems.

When you say it is not detecting the meshes in your downloads folder, have you tried to make sure they are all in the Downloads folder and not a subfolder?  Or have you tried placing them in the SavedSims folder?

For many people with problems like this, only the SavedSims folder seems to fix the problem.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: