Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 01:12:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Please post Bug Reports and Help Requests Here  (Read 144839 times)
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Triple_sSs

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: January 21, 2007, 01:41:27 am »

Excuse me, Yakov, but I've noticed that the ringless nippled BB top mesh doesn't show up for young adults. Sad The other meshes will show up for YA's, but just not that one. (At least not in my game) Think you could fix that real quick? Smiley
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 01:51:10 am by Triple_sSs » Logged
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: January 21, 2007, 02:15:14 am »

hey Triple_sSs - I just checked the package and it is showing age: 0x00000048 which is the right setting for both adult and young adult.  I am not sure why it isn't showing up as young adult for you.

I am firing up BodyShop and will make a new clone of the package for just Young Adult Males and post it here momentarily.  I know that sometimes the game seems to have problems with mixed age items depending on what EPs and Patches are installed.  The content packs have done various evils to me in this regard - so much so that my advice is to not install them if you use much custom content.

Edit: added attachments of each individual age category, this way you can best see if there is a problem with the over-all cataloguing function in the game.  Each displayed properly on two different installs of the game on two different systems here, so I am confident they should work without issue.

* AdultMale_nippleNoRings.rar (370.27 KB - downloaded 89 times.)
* ElderMale_nippleNoRings.rar (370.27 KB - downloaded 87 times.)
* TeenMale_nippleNoRings.rar (370.27 KB - downloaded 102 times.)
* YoungAdultMale_nippleNoRings.rar (370.27 KB - downloaded 94 times.)
* Teen-thru-ElderMale_nippleNoRing.rar (1338.78 KB - downloaded 93 times.)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 02:27:56 am by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Triple_sSs

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 21, 2007, 08:53:25 am »

Thanks, Yakov! I'll test these out and see which ones are working for me. Smiley
And as for the games I have, I forgot to mention, I have everything except Pets and Holiday Stuff.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 06:56:16 pm by Triple_sSs » Logged
Triple_sSs

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 22, 2007, 06:56:52 pm »

Okay, I've tested the files and all the new files show up in the correct age categories, but the original file still only shows up for adult sims, weird. :scratch:
GossipGirlRdr
« Reply #154 on: February 04, 2007, 12:36:31 am »

With this merman mesh; I download it; but it won't install into my game. All of the other merfolk meshes work just fine--why doesn't this one?!
I think it is a faulty mesh.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: February 08, 2007, 05:38:03 am »

GossipGirlRdr - considering some 100s of people are using it without issue, I think you are wrong.  There are lots of reasons it may not show up in your game, the Sims 2 being buggy as the floor of a Borneo bat cave being chief among them.  There are 1000s of reports of people having trouble with custom content after installing any of the EPs or Stuff packs, why don't you check in the help section for methods to resolve this?

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: February 21, 2007, 05:53:34 am »

blackkatt - you will need to tell me what EPs and Stuff Packs you have installed, as well as if you are using a Mac or a PC.  Also you will need to tell me if you are have problems with all meshes or just a few.  Then I might start to see some solutions for you.  I ask you to double check your downloads folder and make sure you have extracted the files from the ZIPs and RARs; and if you have Nightlife, Open For Business, or Pets EP, to run the game, turn off custom content, exit the game, run the game, turn on custom content, exit the game, run the game (yes 3 runs), then turn on custom content and check to see if the custom content then shows.

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: February 21, 2007, 06:52:01 pm »

ok, you told me the thing I was suspecting I might hear.  Family Fun Stuff.

before we go any further, I have to tell you up front that in many cases installing a stuff pack is the quickest way to screw up your custom content.  Many people have had no other option but to unisntall the stuff packs in order to get the CC working again.

Ok, I am taking it on faith that you have all the right meshes...

That being said, have you installed the update patch from the EA web site?  There was a bug fix for FFS that was meant to solve this problem, but doesn't work for everyone.  get it here if you have not: http://thesims2.ea.com/update/

if you have installed the patch and this remains a problem, then the only solution I know is to unistall and re-install everything repeatedly until it all works.  Like I said, lots of folks have just ditched FFS because it takes as many as 20 uninstalls and re-installs before all the bits settle into place.  Don't ask me why it is this way, I will only go off on a flame about EA and the decline of the Western world.

As a last ditch effort, locate all the files with names that start MESH_ju and move them into the SavedSims folder; this is a fix for problem meshes that helps a very limited number of people; if the stars are right and R'lyeh has risen, then you may get stuff to work that won't otherwise.

edy
« Reply #158 on: February 28, 2007, 09:18:15 am »

why the colthes and bodys doesn't work on my sims?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?

why the colthes and bodys doesn't work on my sims?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?

why the clothes and the bodys doesn't work on my sims?Huh??

why the clothes and the bodys doesn't work on my sims?Huh??
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 04:31:46 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged
leolilly

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 28, 2007, 02:19:17 pm »

Ok, sorry Marvine and Beosboxboy, I am having trouble seeing the bodybuilders in my game.
I have a PC running on windows xp, I have Sims2 and NL running, nothing else.
There is a picture of all the body builder downloads that I put in my downloads folder.
I took out my Downloads folder, put a new Downloads folder in, put those files in on their own and nothing showed up at all. Not even in Bodyshop.
After readding all 9 pages of your fantastic hints, tips and general gaming help, I still couldnt find the answer to my problems. Sad
If you manage to fix me hehe I will worship you forever since all of your custom content is brilliant.
Please help?

* bodybuildersims.JPG (52.42 KB, 332x632 - viewed 252 times.)

"Age is foolish and forgetful when it underestimates youth"
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: February 28, 2007, 04:35:00 pm »

leolilly - I see that the files are using the Windows defaul icon and have the file names of RAR files...

you need to read the first post of this thread MOST carefully and use WinRAR or someother programme to extract the files from the RAR files.

leolilly

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 01, 2007, 09:26:57 am »

I am so so so so sorry BBB, I feel so embarrassed! Sad
I am eternally greatfull to you and Marvine, I have now decided to extract all my downloads and see if some other stuff shows up.
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

"Age is foolish and forgetful when it underestimates youth"
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: March 01, 2007, 07:27:51 pm »

it's ok leolilly we all start green and new before we become master simmers, I even do it still sometimes :lol:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 07:30:39 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

FeistyRedhead

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 06, 2007, 10:35:49 pm »

Okay, I figured it out.. I didn't have the updated "showerproof" Meshes... Now my dark chocolate piece of yummy-ness is back to normal Smiley

gypsy_gies

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: March 26, 2007, 07:53:47 pm »

I'm seeing lots of skins, but no mesh. Where's the mesh for the huge bb?
Thanks and sorry to have to post something so simple.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: