Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 01:12:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Please post Bug Reports and Help Requests Here  (Read 144838 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2007, 01:48:42 am »

gypsy gies - the meshes are in the RAR files for the base downloads - if you look in the links I post - you will see a link back to the thread with the mesh.  all the posts by Marvine have meshes in the RAR, in only a VERY FEW instances (one AFAIK) is the mesh available as a separate download.  since this is a new series with few recolours so far, it seems ludicrous to make the mesh a separate download, since most people will compulsively download every item attached and double the bandwidth for the mesh content.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
gypsy_gies

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: April 02, 2007, 06:52:41 pm »

*smile* thanks
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 03, 2007, 07:25:32 am »

Hello! I have a few questions regarding the skintones and body meshes I downloaded from the Athlete section after pouring over countless threads all over this site.

First of all, I have Sims 2 (base) and all expansion and stuff packs (no Christmas 2005) installed on my PC running Windows XP Pro.

I downloaded the following and unzipped directly into the Downloads folder where they should be:

athlete_nude_clothing
MESH_BME_ju_athlete_nude_clothing
MESHES_M&F_athlete_nude
SKINTONE_Ju_athletem&f_dark
SKINTONE_Ju_athletem&f_light
SKINTONE_Ju_athletem&f_medium
SKINTONE_Ju_athletem&f_tan

The skintones listed above were recent since they supposedly are showerproof and linked to the body meshes to show the correct Athlete build on my sims going into the shower or going naked.

I noticed the three different mesh files and wondered which of these three mesh files is used for linking to the showerproofed skintones listed above. Because I was cleaning out my Downloads folder of duplicate files (don't ask how I ended up with duplicate files) and noticed these three mesh files with similar names, and I could not remember which mesh file came with the skintone files I downloaded.

My adult sim, created in CAS, used an Athletic skintone, and she appeared Athletic just fine when showering.

My question regards the Athlete mesh files. Are they both enabled for all age groups? If not, where can I download the right Athlete mesh file enabled for all age groups and both genders? And appear Athletic when going into a hot tub as well?

When a child, created in CAS, uses one of these showerproof skintones, will she or he be able to retain their showerproof skintone AND Athletic body shape as they grow up into teenagers, then young Adults and so on? One of my sim's children appeared "beefy" when she was born, and I was led to believe she inherited her parent's showerproof skintone and body shape. But when she grew up into a child, she appeared normal (probably not surprised since both boys and girls retain the child shape like other Townie children with their default Maxis body shape and skintone). Then she grew up into a teenager and somehow still retained the default Maxis body shape, not the Athletic body shape. She has the same skintone as her parent. Her other parent uses the default Maxis body and skintone. So is this possible for children/teenagers/YAs to grow up retaining their Athletic body shape?

I've tried SimPE Surgery to make her appear Athletic when she showers, following a tutorial on this site to give my teenaged sim a new makeover, but she still reverts back to the normal Maxis body when she goes into the shower.

Many thanks in advance for any help you could dispense with these questions. Plus a GREAT job for the work done on the Athlete body meshes, skintones and clothing (kudos to BBB, Marvine, Kathy and so many others for their works). Plus I'm not sure where it's appropriate to post these questions, so I figured this looks like a place to get help.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 07:38:55 am by Chaavik » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
thegraffness

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 04, 2007, 09:40:10 pm »

hey beosboxboy,

ummm.. i dont know if other have had this problem but with the new (HUGE) bodybuilder clothes whenever my sims wear them they cant shower or take baths i get an error message. I tryed just the skintones with other clothes on and they worked fine

do you have any insight to this problem? All im running is university
Thanks
Graff...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 04:52:39 pm by thegraffness » Logged
Triple_sSs

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 05, 2007, 01:23:08 pm »

Okay, I've got a problem, the Huge BB stuff won't even show up in my game, nor in body shop, and I'm sure I downloaded everything I need for it to work. Sad Any advise? I've got everything 'cept Pets, Seasons, Holiday, and Celebration.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: April 05, 2007, 08:01:07 pm »

Quote from: thegraffness;664906
hey beosboxboy,

ummm.. i dont know if other have had this problem but with the new (HUGE) bodybuilder clothes whenever my sims wear them they cant shower or take baths i get an error message. I tryed just the skintones with other clothes on and they worked fine

do you have any insight to this problem? All im running is university
Thanks
Graff...

Graff, I can't say I understand why you have a problem with the clothing, they have been thoroughly tested in The Sims 2 with only University EP install, this is all I have on my laptop and I worked it for filth testing them.

There are some installs of the game that have problems with some custom meshes no matter how hard I work to make them work.  I have no idea what it is that causes the issue.  If you review this thread, you will see that in some instances it will crash the game when a sim tries to get a job or dresses for work.

It may be that you missed an update fix-patch, it may be your game has reached that weird "too many sims have lived and died" thing.

But I have received only a very few error notices from the 1000s of downloaders, so I have to believe the problem is in your game not with the meshes.  That doesn't help you, I know, but short of taking everything out of the downloads folder and adding back in batches of 100 or so until you can find the conflict, I can't guess what the problem might be for you.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: April 05, 2007, 08:05:00 pm »

Quote from: Triple_sSs;665588
Okay, I've got a problem, the Huge BB stuff won't even show up in my game, nor in body shop, and I'm sure I downloaded everything I need for it to work. Sad Any advise? I've got everything 'cept Pets, Seasons, Holiday, and Celebration.

Triple_sSs - is this on your Mac or on your PC?  It could be Family Fun Stuff ( a notorious trouble maker in these instances)

Double check your Downloads folder and make sure you have MESH_ package files and clothing package files, not RARs, also make sure nothing is in a sub-folder; if it is all as it should be - try moving things into the SavedSims folder.  If still no go - try decreasing the number of items in your Downloads folder (this is becoming a regular solution after recent bug-fix patches by EA)

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: April 05, 2007, 08:08:51 pm »

Quote from: Chaavik;662225
Hello! I have a few questions regarding the skintones and body meshes I downloaded from the Athlete section after pouring over countless threads all over this site.

First of all, I have Sims 2 (base) and all expansion and stuff packs (no Christmas 2005) installed on my PC running Windows XP Pro.

I downloaded the following and unzipped directly into the Downloads folder where they should be:

athlete_nude_clothing
MESH_BME_ju_athlete_nude_clothing
MESHES_M&F_athlete_nude
SKINTONE_Ju_athletem&f_dark
SKINTONE_Ju_athletem&f_light
SKINTONE_Ju_athletem&f_medium
SKINTONE_Ju_athletem&f_tan

The skintones listed above were recent since they supposedly are showerproof and linked to the body meshes to show the correct Athlete build on my sims going into the shower or going naked.

I noticed the three different mesh files and wondered which of these three mesh files is used for linking to the showerproofed skintones listed above. Because I was cleaning out my Downloads folder of duplicate files (don't ask how I ended up with duplicate files) and noticed these three mesh files with similar names, and I could not remember which mesh file came with the skintone files I downloaded.

My adult sim, created in CAS, used an Athletic skintone, and she appeared Athletic just fine when showering.

My question regards the Athlete mesh files. Are they both enabled for all age groups? If not, where can I download the right Athlete mesh file enabled for all age groups and both genders? And appear Athletic when going into a hot tub as well?

When a child, created in CAS, uses one of these showerproof skintones, will she or he be able to retain their showerproof skintone AND Athletic body shape as they grow up into teenagers, then young Adults and so on? One of my sim's children appeared "beefy" when she was born, and I was led to believe she inherited her parent's showerproof skintone and body shape. But when she grew up into a child, she appeared normal (probably not surprised since both boys and girls retain the child shape like other Townie children with their default Maxis body shape and skintone). Then she grew up into a teenager and somehow still retained the default Maxis body shape, not the Athletic body shape. She has the same skintone as her parent. Her other parent uses the default Maxis body and skintone. So is this possible for children/teenagers/YAs to grow up retaining their Athletic body shape?

I've tried SimPE Surgery to make her appear Athletic when she showers, following a tutorial on this site to give my teenaged sim a new makeover, but she still reverts back to the normal Maxis body when she goes into the shower.

Many thanks in advance for any help you could dispense with these questions. Plus a GREAT job for the work done on the Athlete body meshes, skintones and clothing (kudos to BBB, Marvine, Kathy and so many others for their works). Plus I'm not sure where it's appropriate to post these questions, so I figured this looks like a place to get help.

Chaavik - I am more than a little confused by what you are saying here.  We have never made anything that would make a toddler or a child "beefy".

And we have done nothing at all for teen girls.  As far as I know nothing we have made to date would even serve for a child or teen girl in any way.  And I am pretty sure I know my stuff on this one.

If you deleted things from your downloads folder, I have one question: can you see the file extensions?  Because the names you list above are all the names of the RAR files which contain the .package files, and your game would not know what they were.

Also are you putting Marvine & my custom content in sub-folders? we don't support this and will only tell you to stop doing it. See first post big red statement.

thegraffness

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 05, 2007, 10:54:30 pm »

Quote from: beosboxboy;666246
Graff, I can't say I understand why you have a problem with the clothing, they have been thoroughly tested in The Sims 2 with only University EP install, this is all I have on my laptop and I worked it for filth testing them.

There are some installs of the game that have problems with some custom meshes no matter how hard I work to make them work.  I have no idea what it is that causes the issue.  If you review this thread, you will see that in some instances it will crash the game when a sim tries to get a job or dresses for work.

It may be that you missed an update fix-patch, it may be your game has reached that weird "too many sims have lived and died" thing.

But I have received only a very few error notices from the 1000s of downloaders, so I have to believe the problem is in your game not with the meshes.

Ok
I understand (sort of)
This is the onley problem that i have ever had with any of your meshes
Not entirly shure if this matters or not but i found the error message
It states: bad gosub tree number
I had this problem with a hack that you could change clothing by clicking on the sim

after deleting the hack the game was fine. I googled the error message and its all about hack confliction but i dont have any new hacks installed

I dont know i guess my sim will just stay dirty
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: April 06, 2007, 08:45:53 am »

bad gosub tree number

If you removed the hack causing this, Graff, then surely indicates a hack of some sort is still in the mix or has added information to the sims' character files that is causing some sort of residual problem.

try deleting the groups.cache from

My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\

and also check for any other hacks or mods that relate to clothing from the game.

marvine
Silent

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 07, 2007, 04:19:54 pm »

RomanntikZomby,

au cas où tu ne l'aurais pas remarqué ce topic est un peu chargé - il est facile de louper un post. Pour que les choses soient claires, nous n'acceptons pas de requêtes à moins qu'elles ne correspondent à nos projets en cours; ce qui exclut pour le moment un nouveau "type" anorexique. Tu devrais jeter un oeil sur le travail de Melodie9 sur MTS2 : http://www.modthesims2.com/creator/melodie9.
Triple_sSs

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 08, 2007, 09:08:50 pm »

Quote from: captnmatt91;670775
Ah! ! ! it wont come up on Body shop! Somebody Help!!!

You know, I'm having the same problem. Sad Any way it could be fixed?
Monshanjik

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 08, 2007, 10:01:23 pm »

it sounds like you may have an accessory or jewelry item that isn't working properly.if you downloaded a premade sim, it's probably missing something.
Monshanjik

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 08, 2007, 10:03:58 pm »

this mesh works perfect for me, so it has to be a conflict with something you have in your downloads folder.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: April 08, 2007, 10:23:15 pm »

Quote from: Triple_sSs;670864
You know, I'm having the same problem. Sad Any way it could be fixed?

Triple sSs & captnmatt91 - try this: move a few items out of the Downloads folder, say 200, but leave the huge bodybuilder mesh, then play the game one time, delete the groups.cache (and accessories.cache if you have this), then re-insert the 200 downloads into the downloads folder.  This should force the game to re-catalogue the downloads and stands a high chance of getting the game to recognise the new meshes & clothing items.  Some times it will require you repeat this process a number of times before the game will identify new content.  Sometimes it will spontaneously do it.  Don't ask me to fix EA's buggy software :lol: that is far beyond my skill.

If this fails, then it is most likely that Monshanjik is right; you have a conflicting mesh of some sort.  Locating the conflict may take a considerable amount of time.  In some instances nothing short of assigning new IDs to the mesh and re-assigning the clothing recolours will resolve this.  It is not something I prefer to do, since it then results in two versions of the mesh, one which I know of and one which is NOT known to me and will proliferate across the web.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: