Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 05:04:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Please post Bug Reports and Help Requests Here  (Read 143224 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Triple_sSs

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 08, 2007, 10:34:00 pm »

Okay, Beos, I'll try that out. Smiley And as I forgot to metion before, I'm on a PC.
But geez, your "PFC" can't work like this! :rofl:
Triple_sSs

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 10, 2007, 04:30:04 am »

Time for the update:
Well, I tried it out and it turns out that the meshes were showing up after all, but they were clear towards the back of the clothes for some reason. :-| Ain't that dandy? lol

Still, I think I might've gotten some good out of it, there were a few things that showed up in body shop that hadn't before in a while, I believe, so thanks still! Wink

Edit: Just one last off-topic question, where'd your avatar go, Yakov? I kinda miss the "crazy bodybuilder" thing. Ya think you could at least put some sort of dinky ave up instead so you don't look um, "bare," in a sense? Just a suggestion from your PFC, hehe. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 04:53:29 am by Triple_sSs » Logged
carine

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 10, 2007, 02:45:00 pm »

I search someone who speak and understand french for help me for downloading in "Insimadult.net". Thank you !:smt120
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: April 11, 2007, 08:45:55 am »

Triple sSs - hrm, that happens with some of the things I download too.  I was a bad tech support provider in not remembering to suggest you pan all the way to the end of the catalog and check. >_<

Quote from: Triple_sSs;673709
Edit: Just one last off-topic question, where'd your avatar go, Yakov? I kinda miss the "crazy bodybuilder" thing. Ya think you could at least put some sort of dinky ave up instead so you don't look um, "bare," in a sense? Just a suggestion from your PFC, hehe. Smiley

Equally off topic: ok, but just for you, how could I ever go against the advice of my "PFC"?

Carine: J'expédie un message personnel immédiatement

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
robbo316

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 11, 2007, 10:09:50 am »

Ive downloaded the bb meshes and clothing to my pc following everything to the letter but there not being picked up by the game. any ideas. I'm starting to get annoyed with it!!  I have all expansions but no stuff packs.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: April 11, 2007, 03:17:41 pm »

robbo - the first place to start is to double check that you have extracted the files from the RAR files.  This is the most common error ~ make sure you have nothing by Marvine & beosboxboy in a subfolder.

Second, try this:

• start the game
  • disable custom content
  • exit the game
  • start the game
  • enable custom content
  • exit the game
  • start the game
  • make sure custom content is enabled
  • check in the game for new things

third, try deleting groups.cache and accessories.cache from

My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\

Lastly - try placing the items by Marvine & beosboxboy into the savedSims folder.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
slingerblades

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 11, 2007, 03:42:44 pm »

let me start off by saying i love all of your and everybody elses works on this site, as they have really heightened the gaming experience, now to the reason behind the post, i am having a problem with the new huge bb, the shoulders when i am in the underwear are skewed(pointed up) as a YA, i have a snapshot but i am unsure how 2 post it, so if u could help it would be greatly appreciated thank you
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: April 11, 2007, 03:49:33 pm »

slingerblades - there are two possible causes for this, neither may be solvable.

1) you have a video card (such as the ATI Xpress 200 or Xpress 300) that has a known limit on its 3D abilities - usually only replacing the video card will solve this (not always an option)

2) you have a forced low res setting because of some limitation the game has imposed due to limited resources or perhaps mis-identifying your video card: sometimes upgrading the driver may correct these.

If you are using a Windows Vista system, there is probably no hope but waiting to see if a new video card driver becomes available.

If you have the option, moving the display settings to a high detailed level may correct the issue.

This is a known problem with all high-resolution meshes such as the huge bodybuilder and Warlokk's hi-res female meshes with certain video cards; I have seen it on some other very complicated items by Brasstex and others as well.

I am sorry that I can't offer you more help than this, but Maxis has imposed some limits on the game which cannot be easily overcome.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 04:07:26 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

slingerblades

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 11, 2007, 09:01:05 pm »

ty 4 answering my question and being very fast about it 2, i will try your suggestions again thank you
slingerblades

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 12, 2007, 02:04:10 am »

thank you so much IT WORKED YAY i upped the sim and object detail 2 high and it remedied it you guys are awesome thanks
robbo316

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 12, 2007, 06:21:12 am »

Thanks for the reply but one question where is the svaed sims folder??:scratch:
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: April 12, 2007, 09:44:47 am »

hi again robbo:

the SavedSims folder will be here on Windows:

My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\SavedSims

or here (or some close approximation) on MacOSX:

Home\EA Games\The Sims 2\SavedSims

octaviusjulii
« Reply #192 on: May 11, 2007, 07:28:16 am »

Hi beosboxboy! I did everything the site recommends but it still doesn't work. I have the U.S. English Version of the sims 2 and i have installed sims 2 university, open for business, nightlife, family fun stuff. i,ve extraced the files (slimBB-soft and slimBB-erect) to C:\Documents and Settings\Acer\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads since i have windows xp. wa else should i do? i tried using the sims 2 package installer to install the extracted files but i keep on getting this "please double click on a custom content file to install content."
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: May 14, 2007, 12:20:16 am »

you have FFS, this may be your problem.  Have you installed the update for FFS from the official site? http://thesims2.ea.com/update/ (Mac-users should get the similar fix patch from Aspyr: http://www.aspyr.com/)

Have you tried the SavedSims folder?  Try moving the problem files to the SavedSims folder, you must have ran BodyShop one time for this folder to appear.

My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\SavedSims

or on a Mac

~/EA Games/The Sims 2/SavedSims

package files require no especial effort to install - you just place them in the Downloads folder, they are ready to use.

I see that you mention only meshes, these require clothing or skin tones to appear in the game - they have no especial magic of their own.  Please make certain that you have items installed that use these meshes.

because you have FFS, or any Stuff Pack for that matter, it may require you completely un-install and re-install the game to get the catalogue to display the items you have downloaded.  The Stuff Packs are the very Devil on custom content of all forms.

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: May 17, 2007, 02:43:36 pm »

AeliaD - that is a browser downloading error - what browser are you using and what anti-virus to you have installed?

also, if you are using some sort of browsing/downloading accelerator, you need to disable this.

Also, you may need to empty your browser cache or increase your browser's cache size.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: