Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 10:31:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Please post Bug Reports and Help Requests Here  (Read 143173 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2006, 05:03:28 am »

dude there is a help section

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
lexiekou

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2006, 12:39:59 pm »

everything is in the same folder....there is only one user on this computer so that part was easy Smiley And I made sure my display preferences were high but still nothing.
rednotdead

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2006, 01:58:31 am »

i have all the merpeople meshes and recolors  they all show fine but for the female mermaids (adult) although in body shop and in game CAS  i have a picture of  the default outfit (red top and white  bottoms) but when i click on the picture i have the mermaid skins - the mermen work fine showing the right pictures to match the outfit just the females.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2006, 05:52:08 am »

rednotdead: that is a thumbnail.package issue, easy to correct.

delete CASThumbnails.package from your thumbnails folder:

C:\...\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Thumbnails

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
rednotdead

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2006, 10:23:55 am »

thank you - i was so glad to find out it was a simple fix and not a major problem as i love the merpeople and just couldnt understand why only the females had a problem showing the thumbnails - but hey thats women for you (and yes i am female myself :tongue5: )
lexiekou

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2006, 01:21:15 pm »

hey i figured out my mermaid problem on my own but thanks anyway Smiley I'm so excited to have them
pullin05
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2006, 03:17:21 pm »

i've tried to download the file, but i cant install it in my game...file is saved under the ea games/downloads folder, but when i try to install it, i get a window stating "please double click a custom content pkg file to install program".  what am i doing wrong?? please help
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2006, 05:06:01 am »

Quote from: pullin05
i've tried to download the file, but i cant install it in my game...file is saved under the ea games/downloads folder, but when i try to install it, i get a window stating "please double click a custom content pkg file to install program". what am i doing wrong?? please help.

Okay-

I am totally confused by what you just wrote.

The files are on the site in RAR compression Archives that require a RAR archive decompressor like WinRAR, 7-Zip, etc. to extract the archive.

Once you extract the archive, you have .package files which you move into the Downloads folder by drag&drop or cut&paste, you do not double click them.

Only Sims2Pack and the very very very rare Sims2Skin files use the game custom content package installer.  The Sims2Skin file I have only ever seen once and that was in a pre-release version of BodyShop that made files that the game cannot use reliably if at all. Only a very few of my Sims are available as whole items in Sims2Pack format.

it really should be as easy as downloading the parts needed, extracting the files, and moving them into the downloads folder.

If you have not seen this help thread, I recommend you read the first post in the thread: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=6326 and also this thread for a description of what a mesh is: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=6567

Kindest regards

Yakov/beosboxboy

Slide470

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2006, 02:55:36 am »

I must be doing something wrong because I have tried many different ways for a very long time. I have downloaded the superhero mesh and the clothing. And the thing is the clothing has the superhero status but I the mesh is either not there or the mesh that is there the basic maxis mesh. Can anybody help please.
oniongirl999

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2006, 02:08:36 pm »

I saw these heels and couldn't wait to try them out in my game, especially when I saw all the fun-fetishy applications for them in other creator's outfits.  But my Winrar won't decompress the file.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled Winrar thinking that it might be a problem with my software but I can unrar things from other websites, just not 90% of the files on this website, including these yummy heels.  What tool did you use to compress the file?  Maybe I just need to use the same tool.
Slide470

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2006, 04:08:28 am »

I fixed it. I don't know how but it works now. Thanks for your support
Pioneeree

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2006, 03:06:28 pm »

Quote from: Slide470
I must be doing something wrong because I have tried many different ways for a very long time. I have downloaded the superhero mesh and the clothing. And the thing is the clothing has the superhero status but I the mesh is either not there or the mesh that is there the basic maxis mesh. Can anybody help please.

I'm having the same problem!
Can you please explain how you did it, or can somebody explain to me how do to it, please!!... :pale:
silverbluemoon
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2006, 11:26:49 pm »

In the BB thread, all I can find are clothes, but no base mesh.  Where can I get your base meshes?

~sbm
marvine
Silent

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2006, 01:50:26 am »

Silverbluemoon, what do you call "base meshes"? All the sims body meshes are clothing meshes, except the nude meshes used for the showerproof skintones that you'll find on our "custom genetics" section and on Wirelessguy's section.
aimlesscoyote

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2006, 03:34:51 pm »

My apologies if this has been asked before. (I did search the forum but found nothing that addresses my problem.)  Is there any way to make the bodybuilder mesh "waterproof"?  I love the appearance, but when my Simmies go to take a shower, they shrink down to regular size. Sad

(ETA- LOL the board says I am a "moo-bunny"! *greatly amused*)

Feed a hungry coyote (me!) ~ Buy some gourmet gifts and tea!
http://coyoteas.com

*10% goes to environmental causes*
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: