Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:16:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Please post Bug Reports and Help Requests Here  (Read 143166 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Darkwolf92

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: September 09, 2007, 12:53:21 am »

Quote from: gundavolt;850678
My sims' wardrobe is full of clothes using this mesh, but somehow another mesh overrules it, or some of it. I have attached pictures of some clothing using Marvine's Alpha mesh which now is showing as a Classic Pinup type of body.

I'm not that good at finding stuff like this out, and I have tried for some days to remove files to see if it helped (heels files or pinup files I wasn't sure of what was) but they still look like this.

Does anyone else have this problem?
At first I thought it might be some of Healene's heels, as she has made some that look like this, but I removed the files and Marvine mesh still shows up like classic pinup.
I have Warlokk's Classic Pinup bodytype too, btw.

Hope someone can help; I dread deleting all files and just start downloading all over again :smt120

Thank you so much in advance!!

Quote from: beosboxboy;873810
gundavolt - it looks like a mesh you have recently added to the game was a clone of Marvine's alpha mesh and someone forgot to fix integrity. (a SimPE step in making new meshes)  I can't guess which of the bajillion meshes it might be.

Fabrice - Marvine a lieu des vacances. Je voudrais attendre son retour, ainsi je peux discuter ceci avec elle. Elle retournera des vacances en deux semaines.

Well does anyone know what mesh is causing this issue, because I am having it as well. Have redone everything twice now. And I would REALLY hate taking the time to delete my downloads, Re-Download, and wind up downloading the same mesh that screwed everything up in the first place AGAIN!!! :cwm21:
Any advice, getting pointed in the right direction would DEARLY be appreciated. Thanks
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 03:35:00 pm by Darkwolf92 » Logged
KiKe SIMS
« Reply #211 on: September 17, 2007, 04:20:55 am »

ok this might be REALYY stupid and make me seem like an idiot but once u download and install a mesh to the downloads file how do u use it and i need a link that goes straight to the slim bb mesh cause i CANT FIND THEM!!!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: September 24, 2007, 02:38:17 pm »

OK, KS, you will want to read this imformative post: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=49423

Clothing for a bodybuilder is comprised of two parts, the "mesh" and the "recolour", you must have BOTH parts for these to work.  If these items are installed properly, then you will find them in the "catalogue" - the visual index of the items in your game you will find in Create-A-Family or by going to the wardrobe/armoire or a clothing rack at a community lot's store.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: September 24, 2007, 02:44:31 pm »

Darkwolf, I don't have any new information on this.  I would guess that if you and gundavolt made a list of your meshes and compared them, you might discover the problem mesh quicker. This however will not solve the recolours showing up on the wrong mesh, since the recolours have been assigned to the "instance number" of Marvine's mesh by the person who made the cloned mesh.  I would recommend a judicious use of delete in CAS to remove all the bad clothing recolours, and then make a search of the meshes.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: October 10, 2007, 02:57:11 pm »

vladvamp1 - what browser are you using?  this is a an error common to some browsers when using forums.

Thaly

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 06, 2007, 11:23:49 am »

hello Smiley

The problem that I'm having is with one of your merepeople meshes, all your meshes function perfectly except with female teenegers Sad

by the way they are beutyful!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: November 07, 2007, 08:33:06 am »

hoplaa - are you making certain that you are using the right bodybuilder types in combination? there are several and they and not inter-mixable. This is increasingly complicated to determine as the problem since people insist on us making the same meshes and textures available for each body shape.

There are ancient versions of the Slim BB and BB meshes somewhere on the Internet - don't ask me where, I have looked for 2 years, that have an old mesh in them that may demonstrate this issue. If I could find the site that is posting them, I'd burn it out like a crack house.

Check your downloads folder for duplicate meshes, if you install downloaded Sims you are high risk for duplicate meshes and you may well have picked up the ancient version through a downloaded Sim.

The gap may also occur on certain ATI cards because they suck. No solution for them.  In particular the lower end of the X-series (e.g., X200, X300), other low end models may demonstrate the issue but can be corrected by changing the in-game performance settngs to highest or by driver updates.

Thaly - please double check your Downloads folder and make certain that the meshes are not a sub-folder.  Also check for un-extracted RAR and ZIP files.  If you are using Sims File Maid or any other helper programme, please un-install that software and re-download the meshes.  Also, please read the first post in this thread for information on problems with meshes that will not display.  As a last resort, use the Basic Help Check-list For Missing Content in my TSR blog: http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/BeOSBoxBoy/blog/

suraro - Have you read the first post in this thread?  Peak site traffic times will cause time-outs on downloads. Problems downloading from this site are not appropriate to address in this thread since it is not a missing mesh or in-game bug.  Please ask for site issue-related help in this forum.

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: November 07, 2007, 08:05:43 pm »

Hoplaa, thank you for the picture, it explained everything and I understood immediately what the problem was - that is a normals (smoothing) issue - I have correct the mesh and am replacing it in the posts.  It escaped detection all this time because the recolours we originally made covered this area.

You can download the updated mesh here: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=2170

monkeynolike

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 11, 2007, 09:20:00 am »

I cant get any custom content to show up in ofb. if i uninstall it itll show up in base, but upon reinstalling ofb i wont show up. i have disabled and restarted to enable than restart and made sure it was enabled but still nothin shows up except maxis stuff and lets face it that can be pretty boring.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: November 11, 2007, 01:15:24 pm »

monkeynolike - just to make it clear, after you run the game one time and enable the custom content, you have to exit and restart the game with custom content enabled before it will display.

if you have done this, and the custom meshes do not display, then you have the catalogue bug that plagues every version of this game Sad

Sometimes it just shows up, sometimes you have to do a complete re-install with not Downloads, then add all the downloads back afterward.

Sadly, there is no absolutely works everytime answer here.

monkeynolike

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 11, 2007, 06:30:08 pm »

Yeah i have done that several times and it doesnt work. I have even done the reinstall without downloads and reinstalling them. Its so frustrating! *grabs paperbag to breathe in* okay now im better. Ill just try another complete reinstall without custom content. Thanks Beos. Excellant meshing btw!!!!!!
Belton
« Reply #221 on: November 14, 2007, 08:49:43 am »

Will you help me marvine?!?!?!?!?!?!

How do I download the sims mermaids into my game...SOMEONE HELP ME PLEAZZZZZZZZZZE!!!!!!!!!!!!

How are you getting them into the game

What I ment to say was how do you get the sims mermaids into the game???Plz help me.

Marvine why won't u help me
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 03:38:04 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: November 14, 2007, 12:44:07 pm »

Belton, you are on course for some verbal abuse.  Cool your jets.

First off, we don't live here 24 hours a day and nor do we live solely to answer stupid questions that don't explain what the hell the problem is.

Second off, this isn't the help thread.

Third off, you PMed me asking where to find the merman meshes... well you found the thread, so what is your malfunction?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 01:30:55 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

John55

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 14, 2007, 08:03:46 pm »

First everthing You and Marvine done works and looks great for me. So!. I am using all your meshes for the male bobybuilders series to include the skintones. When I go to make a new Sim  Let's say the Meduim skintone without the body Tats. In the game the body Tats get put on anyways. The Sims startout with what I made them with. Not that I don't mind. But! The game has done this to every Sims that I have put in. My computing skills are next to none. When it comes to trying to fix things in the game.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: November 14, 2007, 08:23:54 pm »

hrm - John, it's hard to say - there may be a wrong texture file in the skintone.  Can you direct me a little here, do you recall any particular text popping up when you hold the mouse over the skintone's icon?

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17
  Print  

Jump to: