Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:51:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Please post Bug Reports and Help Requests Here  (Read 143223 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
John55

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: November 15, 2007, 12:01:35 am »

There is no warning at all. It is just the game decides to change the skins. When I put the Sims in the game. Nothing comes up. I just played it again. The male Sims all have tatoos now. Hahahaha! Not that I mind. It is just I did not make all of them with tatoos. This is the best I can tell you. Sorry
 Even the Townies that I have not changed have something wierd happen. Their Faces now do not match the bodies
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 12:04:32 am by John55 » Logged
John55

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 15, 2007, 12:09:27 am »

This is starting to happen alot lately..

* snapshot_942bb942_f4478975.jpg (13.95 KB, 400x300 - viewed 631 times.)
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: November 15, 2007, 12:17:12 am »

blarg - John - that is a serious corruption in the neighbourhood's DNA records.  You mention "Even the Townies that I have not changed", are you using a mod of some sort to alter skin tone assignments?  I have heard several reports that using mods or even SimPE to change skin tones and hair went weird.  I haven't been able to repeat the error on my systems, so I suspect it has to do with Pets EP or the changes to the game after Pets EP (Seasons & BonVoyage).

Or maybe you are using a custom lighting mod?

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
John55

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 15, 2007, 12:26:57 am »

I did not get Pets. I did get Seasons but took it off. Cause of the way I like to make my lots. I was not able to anymore. So.. I got rid of Seasons. I just have the EPs Uni,NL, OFB with Fun stuff and Glam. That is all. There is this mod with pictures that I have downloaded from MTS2. But. It was working really well up until last week. Maybe I need to reinstall the game? Again!!! Ugh! Or kill off the Townies. Hehehehehe
 The mod is Christainlov_costumskintone selectors 1 2 3 4.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 12:48:00 am by John55 » Logged
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: November 16, 2007, 12:27:51 am »

John, probably a re-install is your best bet here.  I've had some problems using ChristianLov's skin tone changer painting, it works fine for lots of folks, so I never could figure out what the problem was.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
John55

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 16, 2007, 04:57:55 am »

I just took out the mod. Out then ran the game without it. The Sims went back to their normal homely looking Maxis selves again. I put the mod back in. They are staying the way Maxis made them. I will change all of them anyways. Cause you Folks make good Skintones. If not better then Maxis. Thanks For your attemp to help. Looking forward to any new things all put out.
Shastania

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: November 16, 2007, 05:55:51 pm »

This is probably a dumb question but I just dwnloaded the big and slim bodybuilder sets and i just wanted to know:
Can the sims still get fat in spite of the mesh?
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: November 17, 2007, 04:35:29 pm »

nopes - technically from a game code point of view "yes" - but these meshes have no fat morphs, so if you use these, no fat, because bodybuilders are shaped X, non bodybuilders go to fat; ergo a different mesh maker may make something else, but we make only fit bodybuilders.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 04:37:32 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: December 24, 2007, 02:43:32 am »

Gabi, I sent you a PM with several links.  The most important and most common problem is that a person has mistakenly placed the RAR file in the downloads and did not extract the files.  Please make sure you have properly installed the files.

kieren13

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 10, 2008, 06:32:03 pm »

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I recently downloaded the BB girl firefighter mesh and while admiring it in cas I noticed some issues with the mesh.

I've looked through the mesh archives but have been unable to see an updated mesh for her.

Hope you can help.

* snapshot_b4923bca_d4923bef.jpg (61.31 KB, 600x450 - viewed 539 times.)

* snapshot_b4923bca_54923bf9.jpg (69.17 KB, 600x450 - viewed 656 times.)
sparkle777uk

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 08, 2008, 04:20:45 pm »

Even though I got the updated files my male sims still only have a head when they go into the shower.
Got any ideas why ?
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: February 08, 2008, 05:47:53 pm »

sparkle, your sims are most likely using a skin tone that is linked to an "adult content" mesh (means with plumbing) that will require "adult content" meshes to work properly. I am sending you a PM with a link to the "adult content" meshes.

marvine
Silent

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 09, 2008, 05:49:16 am »

Kieren,

Thanks a lot for reporting the issue - no idea how I didn't notice that. I just uploaded an updated mesh. Smiley

Krouimm,

Tu as trouvé ça juste pour me pourrir le week-end? :lol:
Ok, j'en ai parlé avec Beosboxboy, et la raison la plus évidente (mais qui ne devrait pas être la bonne si tu as l'habitude d'installer du CC) serait que les fichiers n'auraient pas été extraits des .rar, ou encore que tu a installé les fichiers dans un sous-dossier alors que tu n'as pas d'expansion plus récente qu' Université.
Sinon, il pourrait s'agir du cataloguing bug, qui fait que le jeu ne charge tout simplement pas certains fichiers, sans raison compréhensible; mais quand ça se produit, en général le problème est isolé et ne concerne pas une catégorie particulière de CC. Il semblerait que certains stuff packs déclenchent ou aggravent le problème. Quels jeux as-tu installé? Est-ce que tu as bien installé tous les patchs?

Ce que tu peux essayer: mettre les fichiers directement dans le dossier downloads, sans sous-dossier; les installer dans ton dossier saved sims, mais la place est limitée. Si ça ne marche pas, j'ai bien peur de ne pas avoir d'autre idée... Ces tenues n'ont rien de spécial, et toutes sauf une sont basés sur des tenues du jeu de base.
andromeda0811

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 28, 2008, 01:39:34 pm »

Hi Beosboxboy
First I have to say that ur work is great, I love it. But I have a problem, I create a sim using beos-ju_barbienude-light.package, it appears with no muscles.. that is ok because I like it that way, I love the face and body effects, but when I play the game and make my sim, for example, go to take a bath, or get nude, he looks muscled like the pics above Sad . I'd like to know what to do to fix this problem, I really like my sims with beos-ju_barbienude-light.package but I want it all the playing time.

Thanks Smiley
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: March 29, 2008, 03:02:39 pm »

andromeda0811 - hrm that's a tough one.  I would suggest using one of the non-shower-proof versions of the skintones. you can locate them here: Genetic Skintones converted for any age and Maxis defaults

Since your sim is already in game, it will require surgery with SimPE to change the skin tone.  Wirelessguy explains how to change the skin tone or face of an in-game sim in this tutorial: Tutorial-Giving your in-game sims a permanent make-over.

Hope this helps =)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
  Print  

Jump to: