Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 10:00:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Please post Bug Reports and Help Requests Here  (Read 143172 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
blondecrystal

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2006, 08:38:23 pm »

Hi again Beosboxboy i used the mesh from your hard drive and the new neck size is showing... But its black with bits of which ever colour suit used. eg red with the red suit grey with the grey suit.
I take it that this problem is just with my computer as nobody else seems to be reporting any problems.
Must admit this is a strange one. All my other Bodybuilder downloads are working great.  What do you think it could be?
blondecrystal

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2006, 09:05:26 pm »

Hello again Beosboxboy Not sure if im doing this right. But hopfully here are three snap shots i took of the probem with the new neck on the suit.

* snapshot_313371f0_71337234.jpg (13.25 KB, 400x300 - viewed 554 times.)

* snapshot_313371f0_b1337248.jpg (12.38 KB, 400x300 - viewed 665 times.)

* snapshot_313371f0_d133723e.jpg (13.48 KB, 400x300 - viewed 675 times.)
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2006, 10:37:55 pm »

Quote from: blondecrystal
Hello again Beosboxboy Not sure if im doing this right. But hopfully here are three snap shots i took of the probem with the new neck on the suit.

OK - that is one of the older suits, it must bee the ones from the TEEN category, no?  I will remake them and ask that you delete those.  Getting on it right away

EDIT: posted corrections in both regular and TEEN-ELDER areas; delete the existing bad clothing from CAS and redownload the files; this should correct the issue.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 11:14:29 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
blondecrystal

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2006, 07:04:58 am »

Many thanks Beosboxboy. I will now delete the old suits and redownload the new ones.
Nec

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2006, 11:17:23 am »

Quote from: Ailias

Yes! It works - only Maxis job can be assigned unfortunately.
 iwonder if create nonmuscle man - then assign job after settle him down - then put muscles on him - its a solution or not? Cheesy

I have found so far, that the easiest way to get them jobs is to change them into normal size clothing before telling them to look for a job. This way your bodybuilder Uni students can get jobs, too. You should also be able to have them get a custom career as well. I have not checked that because I don't use custom careers.

Also, if you have one of your business owner sims hire one, you have to assign them a normal size uniform to change their wage. But then you can just assign them back into bodybuilder clothing. It is weird seeing them look like normal sims, but it works.
Rayea

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2006, 06:49:06 am »

beosboxboy, can you tell me which of the bodybuilder meshes are the ones that i need to use the goth adult ones?
(i posted on that page, but you seem to be a fixture here Smiley so i thought i would ask...see, i get the only head shows up problem with them, and i dont have any of the bodybuilder meshes, theres so many to choose from, im bewildered *crosseyed* but i realy just want to get the one that the goth adult skins are linked to, not the rest....i strange, i dont like my guys huge and muscled, i prefer them with a little bit, sorta toned but not buffed lol, so my sims are the same, and i only want the one mesh i need to get the goth adult working....)

(sorry if i shouldnt ask you like this, but i down want to dl tones of bodyboys that might turn my ahem, skinny goth fellas into he-men hehe)
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2006, 10:42:48 am »

Rayea - i answered you in a PM; you are missing the meshes in the adult section of the forum.

Nec - I still have not encountered the bug you and Ailias have Sad  so I am not sure what the conflict could be.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
Ailias

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2006, 11:19:13 am »

I have found so far, that the easiest way to get them jobs is to change them into normal size clothing before telling them to look for a job. This way your bodybuilder Uni students can get jobs, too. You should also be able to have them get a custom career as well. I have not checked that because I don't use custom careers.
==============
Thank you I thoughtabout that too Smiley

Yakov, it is a strange bug but exists in the cases.

Rayea

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2006, 01:34:05 pm »

thanks beosboxboy Cheesy, aftera slightly worried start ( i have never used that type of download system befor lol) i got the files you said i was misssing...

so i take it the bodybuilders are ether a clothes that makes them bulk up or a mesh itself...hm.....they dont do any overwrighting, do they?
(imagines my geekie sims suddenly going all Hulking and freeking out lol)

will test if they are the ones i need tonight, or if i cant keep eyes open, when i have gotten some rest....

Cheesy
Nec

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2006, 01:10:47 pm »

Ailias, I am wondering...do you have mixed versions of the games? I know one of my versions is not the same region (i.e. English/Multilanguage), and I know that it can potentially cause crashing problems in Win2K and XP. I have not had crashing as a result of this, but that is the only other thing I can think of with this current problem.

Beosboxboy, thanks so much for taking all this time to try and figure it out. I have been trying everything, still. I really want to get to the bottom of this!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2006, 01:18:14 pm »

Quote from: Nec
Ailias, I am wondering...do you have mixed versions of the games? I know one of my versions is not the same region (i.e. English/Multilanguage), and I know that it can potentially cause crashing problems in Win2K and XP. I have not had crashing as a result of this, but that is the only other thing I can think of with this current problem.

Beosboxboy, thanks so much for taking all this time to try and figure it out. I have been trying everything, still. I really want to get to the bottom of this!

That very well could be the crucial difference between my install and yours.  All mine DVDs/CDs are US English distributions on a US English WindowsXP SP2 install.  There are numerous bugs that are language specific which I have never encountered.

Jessica

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2006, 01:21:04 pm »

that would explain why ive never had any problems with any of the bodybuilder/superhero/athlete/slimbb meshes and i have every single one of them in the game lol from the date each one is created lol
before OFB ive been able to get them jobs and have them live normal lives just fine...after OFB ive only had them running or working in home businesses and i can change them into uniforms and change their wages just fine...

Want great free sims2 and sims3 creations? Come to Wicked Sims.
WickedNoukFamily
-- Several free sites under one roof!
My MTS2 Downloads
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2006, 01:23:30 pm »

Quote from: Rayea
thanks beosboxboy Cheesy, aftera slightly worried start ( i have never used that type of download system befor lol) i got the files you said i was misssing...

so i take it the bodybuilders are ether a clothes that makes them bulk up or a mesh itself...hm.....they dont do any overwrighting, do they?
(imagines my geekie sims suddenly going all Hulking and freeking out lol)

will test if they are the ones i need tonight, or if i cant keep eyes open, when i have gotten some rest....

Cheesy

Rayea:  The Bodybuilder skintones are linked to the big muscles mesh, so if you choose this skintone ate creation of the Sim in CAS it will be that way; if you have kids, the game genetics come into play - basically a 50% chance the body type will carry forward in the kids 25% in grandchildren, etc.

There are non-buff versions available in the Adults Only section here at InSim and a generic all-ages version that will use the Maxis default meshes.

ahaggard

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2006, 08:50:20 am »

I have the mermaid and mer-toddlers but i can't get the merman to work. What should I do?
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2006, 10:25:38 am »

Quote from: ahaggard
I have the mermaid and mer-toddlers but i can't get the merman to work. What should I do?

Could you give me more information?  What EPs you have? did you place the files in the Downloads folder or a subfolder?  etc

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: