Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 05:51:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding 8+ Family Members?  (Read 2290 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ThexVillain

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2007, 05:21:10 pm »

I have the Insimenator installed, but how do I add more people to an already-made 8 person family? Or basically how do I get more than 8 people in a family, using Insimenator?

Help would be greatly appreciated! Smiley
ThexVillain

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 07:30:37 pm »

I just realised - I kind of phrased this wrong. What I meant is how do I have more than 8 people in a family using Insimenator.
dan_sims2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 11:11:44 am »

It's a game limitation, you can't change that

Pour l'InSIMenator compatible avec tout incluant la Vie en Appartement en français ver 2.9 c'est ici Yahoo
Roxy2004

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 02:45:41 pm »

There is a hack over at MTS2 that allows up to 30 family and 20 pets.  There are mixed results using it with Bon Voyage.  I have BV and started using it yesterday and so far no problems.

ThexVillain

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 03:39:31 pm »

Quote from: Roxy2004;1000979
There is a hack over at MTS2 that allows up to 30 family and 20 pets.  There are mixed results using it with Bon Voyage.  I have BV and started using it yesterday and so far no problems.

Whats the name of the hack?
Roxy2004

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 06:20:26 pm »

ACK!  I should have provided the name(was to lazy to go looking).  Its Larger Household by 5th LMNt at mts2.  Found under game modification, global hacks.:thumbrig:

jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 09:59:18 pm »

Squinge also made a hack to increase family members to 12, I believe. That hack is no longer supported and I believe it could cause more harm than good. I think you are playing with fire if you are adding Sims to a lot beyond the game's 8.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 04:26:17 am »

the mod at MTS2 seems to require Pets EP to allow proper functioning since it makes use of parts of the Pets EP's user interface.  It is a subtle bit of business.  I have successfully had as many as 20 Sims residing on one lot, but be forewarned! The game will develop issues when you have lots with more than the designed capacity!  it is not a matter of if, but a matter of when.  There are some fairly sound reasons the developers set the limits where they are set, not the least of which is the game develops package corruptions at a known rate due to memories, dna data, relationships, etc, adding more Sims to any given lot simply accelerates that corruption.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: