Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:58:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Strangetown Conspiracy 11: A Brother's Fall (chapter at the end of the thread)  (Read 30693 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
joe_mulcahy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2008, 03:54:45 pm »

Quote from: Sadie79;1116954
I'd rather keep it as a surprise, so I'll save the deleted scenes for later Wink Mine won't be a production like yours though, just a regular story that'll be in the story section rather than here - I'm focusing more on the feud between the Grunts and Smiths, with some twists and turns thrown in - there's plenty of scope for story just with those two, and that's without my imagination throwing other goodies at them all! :twisted: ... In fact there's good story material with the Grunts alone... Wink

In answer to your question, just plop him into downloads Smiley

The feud between the Smiths and the Grunts?!  Wow ! I love that storyline! I can hardly wait to see your interpretation of that.  Be sure to tell me when you've posted the first chapter!

Hope you enjoy this next chapter of Strangetown Conspiracy by the way!

To General Buzz Grunt, war is a way of life, but now the very lives of all who dwell in Strangetown are in danger. Will his sons crumble beneath his heavy hands? Watch the events play out in Strangetown Conspiracy A film series by Joe Mulcahy and Avatar Arkmage
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2008, 04:52:15 pm »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw, that was so sad Sad I did enjoy it, looking forward to the next Smiley

And thanks for your interest in my story! Smiley Chapter 2's posted, link's in my siggy Smiley I have managed to weave some romance in there (not yet, but it will happen), but in the main it tends to swing between that and the civil war in the Grunt household :angel: Hope you enjoy mine as much as I'm enjoying yours Wink

ETA: I just have to ask, about Ripp's bruises - are they a nude clothing, did you apply them to the skin, or if other, how did you get them? They're liable to come in handy - I'll say no more for now Wink
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 04:59:37 pm by Sadie79 » Logged

No requests please
joe_mulcahy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2008, 12:57:51 pm »

Quote from: Sadie79;1140798
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw, that was so sad Sad I did enjoy it, looking forward to the next Smiley

And thanks for your interest in my story! Smiley Chapter 2's posted, link's in my siggy Smiley I have managed to weave some romance in there (not yet, but it will happen), but in the main it tends to swing between that and the civil war in the Grunt household :angel: Hope you enjoy mine as much as I'm enjoying yours Wink

ETA: I just have to ask, about Ripp's bruises - are they a nude clothing, did you apply them to the skin, or if other, how did you get them? They're liable to come in handy - I'll say no more for now Wink

I'm so glad you've enjoyed it, sad, though it was.  Ripp is the kind of character that just takes hold of your heart and won't let go sometimes, isn't he?  I see he does that even in Xenophobia, albeit in a more mature method.

The bruises and abraded flesh?  I had them made especially for the scene, as I couldn't find any that looked as hammered as I needed them, but if you think you could use them as well, I'll be happy to pack them for you.  Do you want them?

To General Buzz Grunt, war is a way of life, but now the very lives of all who dwell in Strangetown are in danger. Will his sons crumble beneath his heavy hands? Watch the events play out in Strangetown Conspiracy A film series by Joe Mulcahy and Avatar Arkmage
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2008, 06:29:12 pm »

Yes please! Thanks so much for the offer Cheesy

Won't let go sometimes? He never lets go of me, hehe, I love him to bits :love2: He's so expressive too, one of those who wears his heart on his sleeve Smiley Gonna make some scenes harder than usual to set up, but we just have to go with it sometimes, huh?

No requests please
joe_mulcahy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2008, 12:01:16 pm »

Quote from: Sadie79;1150480
Yes please! Thanks so much for the offer Cheesy

Won't let go sometimes? He never lets go of me, hehe, I love him to bits :love2: He's so expressive too, one of those who wears his heart on his sleeve Smiley Gonna make some scenes harder than usual to set up, but we just have to go with it sometimes, huh?

Very well, then I'll pack up the battered skins for you, watch for them shortly.  I just hope they match Oepu's skintones as well, for I use Louis's skins in Strangetown Conspiracy.

You're too right about certain characters wearing their hearts on their sleeves!  I've noticed this most strongly with Ripp Grunt, Pascal Curious, and oddly enough, General Buzz Grunt.  I'm most surprised that Buzz is that way, for he comes from EAxis as one of the most stoic characters they've created.
It was their natures, particularly in those times when I film with free-will on, that altered the script somewhat.  It is as though Ripp and Buzz are constantly playing capture the flag with my heart, with Pascal Curious making it into a three way game at times. The next chapter will be posted soon.

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2008, 12:17:37 pm »

Ah, they're skins - I wondered about that. I'll see if I can't find a way to blend the two in some way, since I'm getting better at Photoshop Cheesy Gonna have to export the concerned sim, but it'll be worth it Wink Thanks again! Cheesy

Yeah, Pascal strikes me as that kind (even though I haven't played the Curious lot lately). Buzz is an interesting one, as I said in reply on my own thread, and he's definitely expressive - when I got him screaming, for instance Sad It's gonna get worse too, I know that, but oh well. Tank's another, funnily enough - you don't notice until you take off that bloomin' face paint of his. He's another interesting one to work with, mainly due to his character - I actually had a number of ways my story could go, but I couldn't keep him nasty for long :love2:

Looking forward to the next installment Smiley

No requests please
themaltesebippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2008, 04:45:02 pm »

A great series!  Keep up the great work!

Pew Man Fu Studios - http://www.charlemange.net
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2008, 05:37:22 pm »

Okay, this is the first Sims movie i've ever watched, and it rocks. Great characterization, great story. I'm impressed by the attack on the battleship, too, considering this game isn't really set up for combat scenes.
joe_mulcahy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2008, 12:14:07 am »

Quote from: Sadie79;1152609
Ah, they're skins - I wondered about that. I'll see if I can't find a way to blend the two in some way, since I'm getting better at Photoshop Cheesy Gonna have to export the concerned sim, but it'll be worth it Wink Thanks again! Cheesy

Yeah, Pascal strikes me as that kind (even though I haven't played the Curious lot lately). Buzz is an interesting one, as I said in reply on my own thread, and he's definitely expressive - when I got him screaming, for instance Sad It's gonna get worse too, I know that, but oh well. Tank's another, funnily enough - you don't notice until you take off that bloomin' face paint of his. He's another interesting one to work with, mainly due to his character - I actually had a number of ways my story could go, but I couldn't keep him nasty for long :love2:

Looking forward to the next installment Smiley

You are terrific at photoshop, I'm so impressed every time I see what you've done, and I'm sure with the beat-up skins, you'll pull off even more impressive work!

Oh yes, I wonder if EAxis intended for Tank to be such a delightful mystery of a character, hence they cloaked him in facepaint?  He's great fun to write!  And General Buzz, well as much as he tries to conceal his heart, I notice that sometimes during filming his heart finds its way to his sleeve.  You'll see more of that very shortly, as I had to cut a certain scene out of this particular episode to comply with YouTube's strict ten minutes rule.

Quote from: themaltesebippy;1154925
A great series!  Keep up the great work!

Thank you, Charlemagne!  I'm glad you're enjoying the series, and the best is yet to come!

Quote from: steelguy;1156250
Okay, this is the first Sims movie i've ever watched, and it rocks. Great characterization, great story. I'm impressed by the attack on the battleship, too, considering this game isn't really set up for combat scenes.

Thank you very much for the feedback, Steelguy!  I'm glad you think this sereies rocks, and yes that battleship scene took a long time and a lot of doing to pull off.  The characterisation was something I've been working on  for about two years, and my co-author has helped me flesh every single character out so that they are convincing on film.  Hope you enjoy this latest episode!

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2008, 08:25:18 am »

I'm at Uni right now, so I'll have to hold off watching for the moment. I will say that the best I wound up doing with the skin was eyedropping the colour and applying my own bruises - tried using the existing ones, didn't work :dontknow: I needed other ones anyway, but still, thanks for all the packages you sent, they'll come in handy in other ways Smiley

Had a look through them, in fact - how on earth do you use these guys for the videos? :oogle: Are they animated or something? Very clever, whatever it is you do! Smiley

Thanks for your compliments on my Photoshopping skills too Cheesy

ETA: Okay, now I've seen it - I wanted to give Ripp such a big hug at the start Sad Very curious to know what Buzz wants out of Pascal - wonder if the penny will drop... Surprised Buzz's staff didn't get it after all that. Oh well... are you gonna post the deleted scene? Cheesy Great stuff though Smiley
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 11:15:46 am by Sadie79 » Logged

No requests please
joe_mulcahy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2008, 12:33:28 pm »

Quote from: Sadie79;1163773
I'm at Uni right now, so I'll have to hold off watching for the moment. I will say that the best I wound up doing with the skin was eyedropping the colour and applying my own bruises - tried using the existing ones, didn't work :dontknow: I needed other ones anyway, but still, thanks for all the packages you sent, they'll come in handy in other ways Smiley

Had a look through them, in fact - how on earth do you use these guys for the videos? :oogle: Are they animated or something? Very clever, whatever it is you do! Smiley

Thanks for your compliments on my Photoshopping skills too Cheesy

ETA: Okay, now I've seen it - I wanted to give Ripp such a big hug at the start Sad Very curious to know what Buzz wants out of Pascal - wonder if the penny will drop... Surprised Buzz's staff didn't get it after all that. Oh well... are you gonna post the deleted scene? Cheesy Great stuff though Smiley

How on Earth do I use these guys for movies?  Well, thanks to Echo and other great modders within the community, I've learned to extract animations  with SIM PE, and make objects to place in the game to easily call upon those animations.  Combining two or three of the animations in short succession makes for interesting effects, but sometimes not.  I'd love to share these objects, but they crash even my game, and I sometimes can only film one or two takes of one or more scenes  before the game explodes in a BFBVFS!  I guess I'm more of a HACK than a true hacker at this time.  I'm working on custom animations as well, but those are even less stable, as some look horrible in game.

One of my reviewers said that taking pictures of SIMs sometimes makes him want to pull all of his hair out, and I told him that's why bowling ball polish is a good investment, as SIMS storytellers and filmakers will likely be bald in the near future.  

Ripp has a way to making people want to hug him, or at least treat him kindly(i.e. the aliens are cruel to the HMS Wright captives, but go out of their way to try and make Ripp comfortable).  Yes, I shall release the deleted scenes soon, the problem is, I had so much leftover from this episode, I'll have trouble selecting which ones to use for the closing credits.

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2008, 02:21:09 pm »

:laughing: Bowling ball polish... good one! That is very true though. Sometimes my sims are darlings and do everything they're told, even more so occasionally, but other times I want to slap them for not behaving - even my favourites ¬_¬ Newer hacks like the fourth wall and overlay boxes on MTS2 make it so much easier, even getting effects you couldn't before, but it's not much help if they're standing near a friend of theirs and decide to smile at them instead.

I did notice that about the aliens being nice to him. I can see him preferring to stay on the ship 'cause they treat him better than his own Dad Sad I guess he's got that kind of face - that and he's such a sweetie :love2:

Interesting about your hacks (also a little scary! :pale). I did like the effect you had with Ripp's face paint running, when he started crying after hearing from "Philly" as I've been calling her.

Looking forward to the next chapter (and any deleted scenes you wish to release Wink)

No requests please
joe_mulcahy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2008, 08:57:19 pm »

Quote from: Sadie79;1169213
:laughing: Bowling ball polish... good one! That is very true though. Sometimes my sims are darlings and do everything they're told, even more so occasionally, but other times I want to slap them for not behaving - even my favourites ¬_¬ Newer hacks like the fourth wall and overlay boxes on MTS2 make it so much easier, even getting effects you couldn't before, but it's not much help if they're standing near a friend of theirs and decide to smile at them instead.

I did notice that about the aliens being nice to him. I can see him preferring to stay on the ship 'cause they treat him better than his own Dad Sad I guess he's got that kind of face - that and he's such a sweetie :love2:

Interesting about your hacks (also a little scary! :pale). I did like the effect you had with Ripp's face paint running, when he started crying after hearing from "Philly" as I've been calling her.

Looking forward to the next chapter (and any deleted scenes you wish to release Wink)

Thank you so much for the kind words.  I'm enjoying your series immensely as well!  So have you got free time installed yet?  I do, but I'm still playing with the hacks for the game, so I might just try the Animation boxes and Fourth Wall hack.

Hope you enjoy the next chapter, I've just released it.

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2008, 10:14:11 pm »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaawww!! :sad5: I did enjoy it, but nearly cried too... yep, we've definitely got the same Ripp and Buzz in our stories, huh?

Thanks for your kind words too Smiley I have indeed got FT installed, been playing it for a bit... and finding it very strange that Johnny's not getting music enthusiasm from his guitar practice :oogle: Came online to see if there was a fix or something, actually.

ETA: I really didn't comment enough before - the effects you used are brilliant! Great imagination regarding Nervous's predicament too, and when Johnny appeared - the scene switch to the Grunts was what got me, but you can probably guess why :angel: Buzz really does know how to hold onto your heart, doesn't he? At least he can cry in yours Wink

Awesome stuff, keep up the good work! :thumbup:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 12:36:50 pm by Sadie79 » Logged

No requests please
themaltesebippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2008, 01:10:47 am »

This is just great stuff and I look forward to every new episode.

Pew Man Fu Studios - http://www.charlemange.net
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: