Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 05:06:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Strangetown Conspiracy 11: A Brother's Fall (chapter at the end of the thread)  (Read 31216 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kattan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2008, 08:51:41 am »

Oh my... excuse me for a moment while I go attempt to wipe away there tears without screwing up my makeup too badly (ah, the perils of viewing at work!). I am utterly in love with this series, and definitely looking forward to future chapters. I hope everything works out in the end, but considering there's already been death.... it's like that old saying, things always get worse before they can get better. I think we've yet to see the worse.

Please say there's more soon?

Join me at KatsukoSims for my various family stories.
SimPathology: home of the PSV* sims and Weirdsville.
*Pleasantview-Strangetown-Veronaville
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2008, 09:27:39 am »

I'm well aware of what the worse is likely to entail, too... :sad5:

*clings tightly to Xenophobia's Ripp and eyes boxes of tissues*

No requests please
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2008, 02:17:20 am »

I seem to spend half my time online here just looking for updates on all the stuff I'm reading/watching.

Oh? They do custom content downloads here too? Smiley

edit: On that note, due to reading stories all the time, I forgot that here, you check the beginning of the thread for new updates. *facepalm*

Half an hour of loading, two restarts due to interrupts, halfway there... damn my slow connection.

Looking good, so far though.

Loading...loading...loading...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 05:44:23 pm by steelguy » Logged
joe_mulcahy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2008, 05:24:16 am »

http://www.youtube.com/v/JIK2t_-StQQ&hl=en">http://www.youtube.com/v/JIK2t_-StQQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

I shall begin posting any updates or other special films at the end of the threads, as Steelguy said, many people look for updates at the end, not the beginning of threads, silly me, eh?  Hope you enjoy this!

To General Buzz Grunt, war is a way of life, but now the very lives of all who dwell in Strangetown are in danger. Will his sons crumble beneath his heavy hands? Watch the events play out in Strangetown Conspiracy A film series by Joe Mulcahy and Avatar Arkmage
kattan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2008, 12:33:21 pm »

*dying of laughter* Oh. My. GOD. That was brilliant, hilarious, and wrong-on-so-many-levels all at the same time. I love it!!!

Join me at KatsukoSims for my various family stories.
SimPathology: home of the PSV* sims and Weirdsville.
*Pleasantview-Strangetown-Veronaville
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2008, 06:23:02 am »

:rofl: I'll never see Buzz in the same light ever again! :laugh: Love the last scene! It's been a while since I laughed that much Cheesy

Hope you're feeling better, BTW Smiley

No requests please
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2008, 02:16:26 am »

First time I tried to watch that, my connection was so slow it just locked up.

I'm so glad I tried again.

Think I hurt myself laughing so hard, though...
katt9308

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2008, 04:55:57 am »

That was wonderful!!! LOL.

Katt
joe_mulcahy

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2008, 04:56:25 am »

Thank you very much, Katt, Steelguy, Sadie and Kattan, I'm so glad you enjoyed my first attempt at writing a comedy.

Here is the next episode of Strangetown Conspiracy.

Synopsis: Not even General Buzz Grunt can keep his composure at the prospect of sentencing his own son to death, but Pascal attempts to comfort him, and perhaps persuade him to choose his son over his sense of duty.

In doing so, Buzz's mind wanders through the mental shelves of thirty years as he questions his own decision.

Note: This special episode is narrated by me, and was done as a challenge between myself and a few other movie makers, for we wondered how the character General Buzz Grunt would sound coming from different cultural backgrounds. This then is Glaswegian General Grunt, and before any of you remark on how weak my accent is, let me just say that I've been making every effort to tone it down so most people can understand me. My wife laughed at me for many hours whilst filming this, as she said that my viewers would be saying "come again?" "what did he say?" So I've tried not to roll my tongue and use the hard-edged vowels I ordinarily employ, but hope I've preserved the cadence of my normal manner of speaking.

If you would like to hear what American North-Eastern Buzz Grunt sounds like, be sure to watch Swordsmasterguy's movie here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DGGaShXQuA...

If all goes well, you may soon hear the Norwegian and American South Central versions as well, so as much as some of you may wish to laugh at my accent, exercise some restraint (if commenting in the comments section of the movie), as doing so could potentially scare other directors off of the challenge. In private mail though, feel free to knock my accent into the next street!

If you still can't understand me, say so in your comments, and I will post the text.

http://www.youtube.com/v/JcIofjWgj-M&hl=en">http://www.youtube.com/v/JcIofjWgj-M&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 11:47:45 am by joe_mulcahy » Logged

To General Buzz Grunt, war is a way of life, but now the very lives of all who dwell in Strangetown are in danger. Will his sons crumble beneath his heavy hands? Watch the events play out in Strangetown Conspiracy A film series by Joe Mulcahy and Avatar Arkmage
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2008, 11:37:52 am »

Aww, you have a cute voice Wink Nice back-story - sounds like we also have the same Chips to a degree, although my version of events is gonna be quite a bit more sinister...

I'm still clinging to my versions of Johnny and Ripp, by the way :tongue3:

No requests please
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2008, 02:22:20 am »

Well, I had no problems understanding the accent, but I have Scottish relatives, so I've had practice. Smiley  Got a bit harder when you put the echo effect on, though, but it still worked.
And for the rest of it, damn it man, first you make me laugh, now you're getting me all weepy.
Keep it up. Smiley
joe_mulcahy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2008, 05:19:53 am »

Hi folks, sorry for the long wait, but here is the latest episode of Strangetown Conspiracy.

http://www.youtube.com/v/XdwN-Kn6FOM&hl=en">http://www.youtube.com/v/XdwN-Kn6FOM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

Synopsis: Colony Drone 47, although benevolent toward his captives, expresses outright hatred toward one in particular; his biological brother, Lt. Frantisek Shiroyama. In an act proving that Ripp is truly a father's son, he boldly defends the lieutenant, without fully considering the consequences of his actions.
Oh yes, how to say Hanaiakamalama,the name of Lt. Shiroyama's dad? Say each syllable Hah-nah-ee-ah-kah-mah-la-ma. I thought it a very fitting name for a Hawaiian astronomer, as the name means "Adopted Child of the Moon." My Hawaiian friends also told me that it is the name of the Southern Cross also, a constellation that Hawaiian and Polynesian navigators used to travel about islands in the South Pacific.

And now, here are some replies.

Quote from: Sadie79;1226484
Aww, you have a cute voice Wink Nice back-story - sounds like we also have the same Chips to a degree, although my version of events is gonna be quite a bit more sinister...

I'm still clinging to my versions of Johnny and Ripp, by the way :tongue3:

Jolly good, I can't wait to see your take on Chip.  It's fun to see how the same character can be interpretted with similarities and differences.

As far as clinging to your versions of Johnny and Ripp, by all means do so!  I think if we all had the same takes on the characters, it would put the readers/audience to sleep.  This way, it keeps them interested. I enjoy seeing the various interpretations, so long as they are portrayed believably (seeing Buzz as a romantic guy with three lovers who plays base and sings "Is you Is, or is you ain't my baybeh" would be an example of something that is not belivable unless the author/moviemaker were going for comedy or an episode of Believe it or Not).   Your versions of the character, whilst different from mine are all believable.  So keep up the good work!

Quote from: steelguy;1227405
Well, I had no problems understanding the accent, but I have Scottish relatives, so I've had practice. Smiley  Got a bit harder when you put the echo effect on, though, but it still worked.
And for the rest of it, damn it man, first you make me laugh, now you're getting me all weepy.
Keep it up. Smiley

Thank very much for the feedback!  Good job you could understand the accent, as I tried turning it down drastically. Yes, this show is a bit sad, but fear not, it will have a happy ending.

Quote from: lizy;1229052
wow, the pictures make it look so interesting, i'm gonna have to check it out for sure.

Hope you enjoy it!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 05:46:01 am by joe_mulcahy » Logged

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2008, 06:50:27 pm »

Aaaaww... bless his heart :love2: When you said "proving he's his father's son", I was half-expecting some epic display of bravery with tragic consequences or something like that, but no... Ripp just keeps being Ripp Cheesy He's such a big softy isn't he? I love him to bits :love2: Mind you, I say that, but I'm so mean to my favourite characters! He's gonna have such a hard time a little later... Sad

Keep up the good work :thumbup:

No requests please
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2008, 12:45:55 am »

Awww... nice update.

Interesting to see the aliens can be a bit bigoted too.

A family reunion. Can just see it now: UFO lands in the back yard and "Hey mom, guess who I met at work today? Can they stay for dinner?" *snicker*
lynnie
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2008, 10:30:07 pm »

the emotion......its so great that it can only be expressed in a 3 lettered word that means so much.....wow.:worship:
keep up the great work and make us all cry.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: